Word Association III

Share and discuss.

Re: Word Association III

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:30 pm

Insane laughter. :lol:
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:34 am

Maniacal
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Peripheral » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:50 am

Flying the Confederate Flag
Peripheral

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:21 pm

St Andrew's Cross
SAPERE AUDE!

If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.

What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:48 pm

Irate male
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Peripheral » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:01 am

Crazy misogynist MRA
Peripheral

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Stella Artois
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby derleydoo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:36 am

MagsJ wrote:Stella Artois

Thirteen views
derleydoo

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:38 am

Panoramic
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:51 pm

horizon
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Latitudinal
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby xfzgrwql » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:55 pm

test
xfzgrwql
Thinker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:56 pm

xfzgrwql wrote:test

Los Alamos

How do you pronounce your name, phonetically?
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:16 pm

Remember the Alamo :-$
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 pm

battle cry!
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:28 am

War wound
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi MagsJy, :mrgreen:

Why don 't you and I get out of this crazy place. I'll buy you a cup of coffee or tea? Some place air-conditioned. It's going to feel like over 100 degrees today, as did yesterday.

C'mon let's go ...whew

shrapnel
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:51 pm

You do put a smile on my face (sometimes) Arc :D

Make mine a cocktail, and I'm in ;)

Nail bomb
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:36 pm

Arbiter of Change wrote:
Am I supposed to be offended and get all upset over that?

these last few posts will self-destruct in T minus 10 hours or so.

I always delete off-topic posts in here and in other similar threads, whether they are about me or others, to keep the thread clean, baby ;)

You do know that I think that the 'brown cow' moniker I have over there is kinda cute, don't'cha.. so keep wasting your time with your childish assumptions, and there's nothing quite like a wrong assumption for me to laugh at :evilfun:

Do you feel all grown up/wise being able to insult others on an online philosophy forum? I felt grown up for other reasons, and insulting others has never been one of them.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:23 pm

MagsJ wrote:You do put a smile on my face (sometimes) Arc :D

Make mine a cocktail, and I'm in ;)

Nail bomb

Merci beaucoup
:lol: What about the other times, MagsJy :P

If i were a bee, this would be my nectar ...

nectar of the gods.jpg
nectar of the gods.jpg (169.54 KiB) Viewed 2303 times

a perfect marriage of cabernet and chocolate - if only all relationships were as such.

nail bomb

Aloha

explosive
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:02 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:If i were a bee, this would be my nectar ...

a perfect marriage of cabernet and chocolate - if only all relationships were as such.

nail bomb

Aloha

explosive

Reminds me of a cocktail I once had in a trendy bar in Nottinghill.. a Black Forest ghetto.. deeee-lish
explosive

Force
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:42 pm

bully
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Antagonist
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Zoot Allures » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:00 pm

hydroxypropyltrimoniumacinamidobenzodiumdistearate
Zoot Allures
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Greek to me.
SAPERE AUDE!

Thomas Nagel

I learn as I write!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

PreviousNext

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment