Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3 & Xbox 360)

The GTA series embraces libertarian philosophy!

I wish they didn’t take away the stats…(muscle, fat…etc)

Theres some commentary about social life/human nature. the nature of healthcare, the nature of courts, etc.

Anyone want to hook me up with a ps3-friend-name if they’re interested in gta4 online, anytime.

Well my PSN online name is Undefeated77 if you (or anyone) want to send me a friend request. I’m rarely online, though - FYI.

and dwayne’s existential angst :smiley:

Booooring. No reason to buy this other than for the graphics. Played for 15 minutes and got bored.

The hell you say.

It’s like the Sims. They seemingly come out with 50 dollar expansions featuring a whopping new chair, new occupation, and maybe even a new tv. The game is identical.

I love the Sims especially when they talk. :laughing:

Hah yeah they sound weird when they talk.

How does an emulator work for Xbox 360? Can i play pirated games if i install this on Xbox 360? I have no knowledge about what an emulator is. Can someone please explain its function when installed on any console? Can i play pirated Xbox 360 games if i install this software?
Paying $50 for a game, i think is very pricey.

my psn is “bike_seat”

add me

also, yes, gta iv is excellent

Yeah, bored me too.
It’s the worst gta, in my opinion…except for that crap sequal on psone…it’s a tie.

gta3 is my fave tied with the original on psone. both are original titles and are not influenced, pop-shit like the rest of the gta’s.
They were about the game, the rest are about the money. my opinion anyway.

I kinda liked san an, but that’s because I’m into rpg’s predominantly. And i think they were trying to combine halo with WOWarcraft on that, or some such pop-collision.

Can regular Xbox 360 cords work with the Xbox 360 Elite? I have an Xbox 360 Pro and I’m planning to order just the Xbox 360 Elite console from Ebay. Was wondering since I’m just ordering the console, will my Xbox 360 Pro cords work with the Xbox 360 Elite?

market samurai ~ marketsamurai ~ marketsamurai.com

My most philosophical experience with GTA IV was driving around at night in a rasta car, the radio tuned to the reggae channel, and just cruising around the city.

Philosophy begins beyond boredom. Check out Heidegger’s lecture course (called ‘The Fundamental Concepts of Metaphysics’), which is actually aimed at boring himself and his audience. Seriously!

Is there a wireless adapter for the PS3 so i can get online and download stuff? mainly for guitar hero and internet use… also is there a wireless keyboard and mouse feature? all for PS3.

yahoo keyword tool ~ overture ~ traffic estimator ~ adwords traffic estimator

In my opinion, there’s actually quite a bit of philosophy and psychological themes in GTA IV. Of course, there’s also political and societal references as well. As a long time fan of the GTA series, you come to expect such references though. One thing is for certain, when it comes to the creation of GTA games, the makers will always push the envelope. I thought the story line in this one was far superior to past games. It stems from the belief that the US is the place to chase your dreams. But it also shows the darker side of being an immigrant chasing that ever elusive dream. The difficulty in finding a job, the seduction into illegal activities for quick cash. At the same time, a family love/bond is woven into the mix between the main character and his family. It is definitely one of the best games I’ve ever played. Now we wait for GTA V to see how much more they can blur that line of morality. :smiley:

Just finished this shit, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not as fun as Vice or San Andreas (less glamour), but got right into the storyline. May be the last game I ever complete though, I am growing too old to enjoy computer games as I used to!

8/10

This game was the worst GTA I’ve played, it was just tedious, dull even! I liked the characters but the franchise seems to be stuck between going down the serious route and still having that sandbox chaos to it…I think ROckstar are in faovur of the serious route but the silly little tasks like dates and bowling were just tamagotchi bullshit. Needless to say, I got rid!