Recipes

Recipes are both creative and written, it is by those means that I justify the placement of this post.

The purpose of this thread is simple: Post and comment on yummy recipes.

The only rule is that the recipe must either:

A.) Be original

B.) Be thought by the poster to be original

The Best of All Worlds Omelet

6 Eggs
6 Thin Slices of Sandwich Pepperoni
4 Slices of Hot Pepper Cheese
1/3 Cup of Shredded Taco Blend Cheese
8 Banana Peppers
1 Roma Tomato
20-30 Cooked Shoestring French Fries
1/4 Cup Marinara Sauce
Parsley
4 Slices of Italian Bread
Butter

Set stove to about 5 (On a 1-9 scale) and liberally spray your pan with cooking oil.

Break six eggs into a bowl and blend thoroughly with a fork

Thinly slice eight banana peppers, and the Roma tomato, take sandwich pepperoni, put the hot pepper cheese on top of it and then place the banana peppers and tomato on top of that in an organized fashion.

Pour egg mixture into pan and cook for around four minutes

Flip omelet and place sandwich pepperoni, hot pepper cheese slices, peppers and tomato on one side of omelet.

Place 20-30 cooked shoestring french fries on top of that, and cover with the taco blend shredded cheese.

Flip other half of omelet over to cover and pour warm marinara sauce over omelet and sprinkle parsley as desired.

Toast four pieces of Italian Bread and butter as desired, cut omelet in half and place on top of the toast with the buttered sides of each piece of bread facing in.

Done. Yummy. It will keep you going all day.

*This recipe is not intended for daily consumption as you will likely die of a massive coronary by the age of 28 if you make the attempt to eat this every day.

Cook 10 servings of white rice

Add 1 large can of meatballs and gravy

mix and enjoy.

:smiley:

The ultimate nacho dip.

Get a large flat pan like thing, and then spread a generous layer of soure cream on it.

On top of that layer spread a layer of Salsa.

On top of that layer sprinkle graded cheese.

Dip and enjoy

(sorry my recepies all involve being a lazy bastard) :smiley:

LOL

That’s Ok, I may try the second one.

[size=150]This is one I placed at HungryMonster.com[/size]
[size=125]Texas Style Boston Baked Beans[/size]
Course : Beans
From the kitchen of LITENINBOLT
Serves: 20

A sweet, rich, barbecue bean dish that serves well with barbecued brisket and garlic sausage.

Ingredients:

Amount Measure Ingredient – Preparation Method

2 53 ounce cans Van Camps pork and beans
1 large yellow onion (diced)
12 slices lean bacon
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup syrup or molasses
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 16 ounce bottle of KC Masterpiece Brown sugar barbecue sauce

Preparation:
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Open both cans of beans and drain off the juice. Pour the beans into a large, high-sided (aluminum preferably) pan. Take 6 of the pieces of bacon and cook well. Save the drippings to pour into mixture. Mix onion, brown sugar, syrup, orange juice, bacon drippings and barbecue sauce into a medium bowl. Pour mixture into beans and stir well. Push the 6 pieces of cooked bacon evenly into the bean mixture. Take the remaining uncooked bacon pieces and lay evenly on top of the beans. Place pan into pre-heated oven and bake for 2 to 2[size=85]1/2[/size] hours till the beans look slightly dry or caramelized on top. Allow to cool till warm, then serve.

I want some of those beans.

My Next Offering:

Macaroni and Cheese Pizza

1 Box Mac & Cheese (Preferably Kraft)
1/4 Cup Milk
Water
2 Boxes of Instant Pizza Crust (Just add water)
Deep Dish 12" Pan
Shredded Taco Blend Cheese
Sliced Provolone Cheese
Oregano
Basil
Roma Tomatoes
Canola Oil Cooking Spray

The first thing you will do is prepare the pizza crust mix. Take 3/4 of the crust and press evenly in a Deep Dish Pie Pan sprayed with Canola Oil.

Prepare the Mac & Cheese per the instructions on the box. The only difference is after adding the cheese mix, milk and water and stirring the Macaroni and Cheese, you will want to drain the excess sauce.

Take 1/4 of the crust that remains and roll it flat.

Place the macaroni and cheese into the pizza pan and distribute evenly. Pour a generous amount of the shredded taco cheese on and lay sliced provolone cheese on top of that, slice roma tomatoes and place on top of the provolone cheese then sprinkle oregano and basil on top.

Take the flat-rolled crust and use it to enclose the top of the pizza, which will be more like a pie when prepared.

Put in the oven (pre-heated) to 425 degrees and bake for 18-20 minutes, when the crust on top is golden-brown it is done.

Given the ease with which this meal is prepared, it is relatively time-consuming, but the taste is well worth it.

You will have the most sweet
You will have the most sour
You will have the most salty
You will have the most bitter

mix in large bowl
watch and allow them to rise with chaos for a time

put into hot oven - you will know degrees
Remove from oven - let cool
Cut into numerous slices
Sit down, say grace
and eat of the most delicious form of balanced life.

It sounds delicious! What ingredients are used in this wonderful dish?

That bean recipe sounds awesome. Very worth trying - I think!

This is an oriental chicken noodle soup. By oriental - I mean its a bowl of water with stuff floating in it. When I cooked it for my family, my younger brother claimed that I had served him a pond. Although actually in the end he did really like it, and I promise you it actually is very tasty. Quick too - its ready in about 20 mins and very simple to do.

Ingredients:

For the chicken:
Chicken breasts (I don’t often use the breasts but in this case you really need them)
Honey
Five-spice powder
vegetable (or sunflower) oil
Flour (seasoned)

For the soup:
Chicken stock
Cabbage (chinese leaf is probably the best: not only is it traditional but also brilliantly peppery and has the perfect texture) (shredded)
Onion (chopped)
0-3 red chillis (depends on your taste) (finely chopped and deseeded)
Mushrooms (whatever type makes you happy!)
Spring onions (diagonally cut)
Noodles (again whatever type you like - I like glass noodles but I suppose thick ones would work well)
Fresh corriander (handful, lightly chopped)
Light soy sauce
Cooking rice wine (xio xing) (very cheap from asian grocers and a brilliant cooking ingredient)
Sesame oil

• You can probably just figure out the amounts by eye to be honest. Not too much onion though, skimpy on the mushrooms and pleanty of cabbage will make it look a bit more authentic, but really just do it to taste.

Method:

Marinate the chicken first (overnight if poss. No shorter than four hours). Put all the marinade ingrediants except for the flour and rub the marinade in to the chicken breast. Put it in something airtight (tupperware, sandwhich bag etc) and then leave in the fridge (overnight is poss).

Take the chicken out and shake off the marinade. Very lightly coat it in the seasoned flour and fry it in a preheated pan (no oil necessary as its in the marinade) for about 2 mins on each side, basically until the honey goes a bit gold and black and looks tasty. Then put the breast in the oven at about 180 and cook for 20 mins.

Heat a tiny bit of oil in a pan (not too much cus it’ll float on top and make your soup go shiny!), put the onions and finely chopped chillis in to the pan and cook for a bit (until they look cooked, basically). Pour in the chicken stock, put the lid on and bring to a simmer. You can add the ricewine and soy sauce here too (do it to taste - you want just enough to giv e it a slightly oriental flavour) In the meantime, cook your noodles to the packet instructions -30seconds in a separate pan. Once they are cooked, drain them and put a bit of sesame oil in them to stop them from sticking. Add the mushrooms first, about 5-8 mins before the chicken is due to come out. The cabbage takes about 2 minutes and the spring onions about 30 seconds (and you can add the noodles at this time too). Add the corriander as soon as its taken off the heat. Leave it off the heat in a pan whilst you (quickly!) take the chicken breast out and slice it.

Pour into bowls and arrange the chicken on top of it, then sprinkle just a little corriander on top and serve.

:mrgreen:

That soup sounds like it’s right down my alley. I’m pretty much a jugger for Chinese cuisine…especially the kind that involves being spicy. :smiley:

I’m tempeted to share my chipotle style baby back ribs recipe along with my famous Mexican style Tortilla soup one too.

Barbeque season is on its way (might even be here by sunday, apparently).

Very good time to share a ribs recipe :sunglasses: And Tortilla soup sounds intriguing too.

Why, the ingredients that I spoke of above. Sweet, sour, salty, bitter.
Within them are the ingredients of courage that stands alone, patience as sometimes sheep fret and are timid, honesty,self-discipline, temperance, wanting to taste whatever life gives to one, and to swallow it in one large gulp, to look and “see” in suffering a purpose and to rise to it, the will to overcome one’s self and one’s fears, loving and allowing one’s self to be loved (that is not an easy ingredient), surrendering to life when asked, and to let go of. The freedom and will to respond, it is your choice. Above all, to sit in a pasture overlooking your sheep and knowing that you have a right to be here, right where you are. And always, always to be thankful, because of and in spite of.

Oooh, I see…it’s the recipe for life. The sheep you speak of must be of metaphorical symbolism wherein it comprises the aspects of our lives and the world that it operates in.

my breakfast of champions:

One of those minute rice packages, uncle ben garlic and butter works.
nuke for 90 seconds. Take can of spam, cut up into little pieces once rice is done
take spam, nuke for 20 or 30 seconds. take cheese grate it up and liberally put on the now combined spam
and rice and then nuke the whole thing, rice, spam and cheese for 15 seconds. put on table and eat.

later I shall do a buffalo wings recipe that is good

Kropotkin

That sounds like the perfect dish for a batchelor. :smiley:

Liteninbolt,

No, my sheep are not metaphors or symbols. They are real as is the pasture where we are.

I do use these little ones though to sometimes speak to others as my english is not so great and my sheep are all I know. What I know of life is because I love them and spend all of my time with them.

They give me the recipe for my life many times, how do you say it, in their examples and what is the word, oh, in my relationship with them. Animals know many things, I think sometimes more than shepherds and shepherdesses. We guard, they live.

I see…without divulging to much, can you give me a rough idea of your location? Is this internet site and others your main connection to the outside world? Forgive my nosyness. At least you are able to access the internet. Is the sheep you tend for your own needs or are they raised for sale? You need not answer my questions as they are just of a curious nature, or if you like you can PM your response. Thanks. :animals-sheep: :slight_smile:

Litenenbolt,

All I can, how is it you say, reveal it to you, is that if you look up at the stars at night, you can see the little and big cup, the dipper I think you call it. I am under there with my sheep.

I have other connections to the outside world, other shepherds and shepherdesses and my familia too. You are not too nosy as I like to talk to people about my world. Yes, anywhere i think in the world the spiders crawl on their masterpieces.

My sheep that i tend are for my own spirit and for their spirits too. I do not sell them I give them away. How can you sell something that you treasure. You give it away. I am given in turn food to eat. I got my laptop that way.

Thank you sir. You are very kind.

You are quite welcome Shepherdess, and thank you as well. :animals-sheep: :slight_smile:

Frustration

1 cup of a good thing
2 tsps of expectation
1/2 cup of a shitty sequence of events

First, boil the good thing. Mix the expectation after 5 minutes, making sure to stir constantly.
Taste at this point; when the taste is to your liking, add the shitty sequence of events.
Serve in small cups. Serves one.