A Collection of My Art (My Various Eyes)

LINK TO MY ORIGINAL PHYSICAL ARTWORK THREAD(Paintings, etc…)

Website Material:

Signatures:

Logos/Emblems:

Concept:
Sand Ships-
About: they are made of mixing Star Trek ships turned upside down, and cut up and remixed together, with cut up and remixed sailing rig components.
I did very little personal “drawing” (just the sails that are down) and instead did mostly “collage sculpting” (as I call it).

These were the first concepts, strictly mixing the two directly with very little editing involved.
The general idea was to take a Star Trek bird of prey and re-imagine it as a mean, and fast looking pirate ship on sand…something you could see on Dune.

These were the final concept pieces for the original class of ships imagined.
Listed from smallest to biggest:

Sales Closed

Sails Open

This is a person Sand Sled, a really small version of the above for when you couldn’t afford a bit fancy ship.
The idea with this thing was to bring a level of sports to the idea of sand sliding/shipping.
As such, I wanted it to have the air of the Mustang plane’s, so I literally took a Mustang and chopped it up into a Sand Sled.
I wanted them to look like they could fly on Sand.

Oh, and the trick is that there’s no electricity or steam for energy source.

This is personal water boat, but I wanted it to be relaxing, yet interesting at the same time.
I recalled the foot paddle boats at some lakes and parks that I’ve gone to in life (not as popular now as they used to be), and decided that I would reimagine it from a Mark Twain perspective with a Slow Southern summer air in an Egyptian style tailoring.

This is my favorite creation; the Grappleroper Carriage.
Firstly, you have to understand that these concepts were for a low-budget $100k MMORPG project that under.
So all of these vehicles are created with the idea that someone will be piloting them, owning them, using them regularly as part of how they see the world.
This means how these things move, and the essence that they have greatly changes how the world is seen, and the atmosphere of it.

With this in mind, I wanted to design a public mode of transportation that when the player road it, was FUN to ride.
I wanted to the ride to be a RIDE; like a roller-coaster, but without being as dramatic.

So, I figured out an idea of a carriage with spring-loaded hook-arms that link into perfectly positioned receiving poles that make up complex highways all over the word:
The receiving poles turn like train tracks for the position of “track” needed to take.

Photoshop Hack-ups:

Original-

Hacked-up-

Some of My Comic Artwork:

======================
I have a bit more, but my other image host is down at the moment, so I’ll probably have more to add later.

My other image host came up…here’s some more images:

Signatures:

Humor:

Photoshop Hacks:

Those are some nice images TS. Those sand ships were some nice renditions. Have you read any of Terry Brooks series “High Druid of Shannara”? Those series of books talk of airships that were used for transportation. I’d like to see a rendition of one of those that is similar to this:

No, I haven’t read that.

I’ll put it on my infinite “to-read” list.

I like the ships.

Excellent stuff. Did you teach yourself, or did you do a course or something…?

I took multimedia in High School, but at the time (1994), it was too new to be accepted as mainstream credit.
Instead, it was practically in a closet and hosted by our “teacher” who simply just hosted the class so that it could exist; he knew nothing of the material.
Our only order for the course was to explore and produce.
Whatever we needed, we told him, and he got it; we had $100k for 9 people.
So, I started off in a HIGHLY experimental environment.
Then after that it was accepted as main credit and a teacher from the college came to teach it, but after the first year of him teaching, he decided that me and one guy that I had taught (a close friend) knew more than he did, so for our credit, we worked as aids and go-to’s when he didn’t know.
The rest of the time, we experimented on whatever we wanted.
Total, I was taught for about one year (the 2nd year) and self-taught or taught a class on it for 4 years.

But when I say “self-taught” during those years, especially the first year, I mean the class was self-teaching. As we learned a way or method, we taught the others what we did.
When we looked at a finished piece, we would ask and learn the methods they found to accomplish the idea.

Far better way of learning in my opinion.

hmm…I think I’m rambling; woops.

Nope, very interesting. You’ve just described the kind of serendipitous opportunity that crops up again and again in the life-stories of those who achieve great things. Stick with it, run with it, take a risk on it.

This is a logo for a soccer team I made last night.
It is for Skybear’s little league soccer team she runs; the Spider Monkies. (the spelling is how the team is spelled apparently; I’m guessing it’s to be cute.)

Anyways, here it is:

Awesome stuff! You should do video game story boards!

Thank you very much; that’s a very large compliment!

You’re welcome.

The Stumps:

These are wonderful Stumps – wow – so creative. Sort of like a da Vinci you are.

My favorites, I love Lanithmael but most especially Bagezio – just something about it.

I also liked your water boats – the first reminded me of a chariot and I especially liked the second – almost like I could feel it getting ready to take off – up up and away.

I remember one summer evening at twilight in Washington, D.C. in one of those foot paddling boats. One of the most serene moments I have ever experienced in my life. The ambience was unforgettable.

=D> =D> =D>

This sort of reminds me of Scott Mutter. :slight_smile:

Here here - some of that stuff is absolutely extraordinary - I really liked the ships too - reminded me a bit of the sand yachts in JG Ballard’s Vermilion Sands (when he wrote sci fi and was good!)

Deadly stuff well done Stumps!

I was digging around and found this one…I had forgotten about this.
It was me playing around with some online snowman making flash program.

First Meditation

love your stuff stumps you’ve got a real talent, any chance you can you make me a mandala as an avatar please.

Thanks, also posted your request in the signature request thread :d.

Haha - I love this because it’s different and much more fun than the traditional