accidental beauty

I found surprising beauty by tearing up magazines and framing the pieces as they fall together.

A montage… nice - did you hang them up as pieces of art? or was this just for fun…

:sunglasses:

very strange. (almost creepy)

especially considering

Magjs, you aren’t really suggesting if that’s what Jacob (a MAN, I presume) does for fun?

Because…honestly… I’d be afraid to meet a man like that.

You have issues.

Well, if you’re a guy sitting in his room clipping women’s magazines then I guess you must have some issues, too.
:laughing:

Well, having studied Art intensively from the age of 15 to 21, I guess I only see the creativeness in Jacob’s piece - I really don’t see what’s so creepy about it, but my studies have made me immune to all things subversive…

I have put many a similar montage together, so what’s to hate :smiley:

I do have some issues with repressed people who neurotically react to things that touch their feelings. You’re free to stay away if my pictures make you uncomfortable. That said, I am interested in the spastic nature of your reaction - I had no idea this sort of thing could actually be shocking to someone. Maybe I should try to get them published.

As far as I’m concerned, you have issues because of:

How old are you?

Are you gay?

Why in the world would a normal man tear up women’s magazines and then spend time framing torn pieces? Why? And how do you even come up with such idea? Do you lay in your bed and then say to yourself “Hey, I think I’ll go and clip some women’s magazines!” I mean, if you’re an 8 year old boy, I understand. If you are autistic or have some other developmental disabilities, I understand. If you are gay or have recently experienced an emotional breakdown, I understand. Otherwise, no man in his right mind would actually sit in his room and enjoy clipping women’s magazines.

It’s just plain weird. (especially for a man)

By framing I mean photographing, as in putting borders around it. I haven’t actually framed them. But I think they would look good in very large print.

Don’t worry so much, Dora. There are things in the world you don’t need to know about.

There is nothing odd, or even gay, about what Jake has done, here.

I sense projection, Pandora.

The title of your thread is ‘accidental beauty’, which gives an impression that your primary purpose was to tear what appears to be women’s fashion magazines (for whatever reason) and not to frame torn magazine pieces in an artful manner (which would still be strange if that was your primary purpose, but anyways). If you like framing things that’s fine, it’s just that your choice of medium is… strange… and archaic.

(If framing is your thing, you’ll probably like photoshop layering)

There’s a reason I call myself Pandora!

Well, altered sense perception is one of the known side effects of smoking pot.

That’s what I can only aspire to.

I think these photos are quite lovely, and enjoy the artistic process. Art and its process isn’t supposed to make sense all the time, or even most of the time, is it? If it is, I’ve been fooled.

It’s not accidental beauty actually its an accidental collage made by you. :^o