My Favourite Video Game Music.

Share and discuss.

My Favourite Video Game Music.

Postby Sauwelios » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:34 pm

"In man, creature and creator are united: in man there is matter, fragment, excess, clay, mud, nonsense, chaos; but in man there is also creator, sculptor, hammer-hardness, spectator's-divinity and seventh day:—do you understand this antithesis? And that your compassion is for the 'creature in man', for that which must be formed, broken, forged, torn, burnt, made incandescent, purified,—that which must suffer and shall suffer? And our compassion—do you not grasp whom our reverse compassion is for when it defends itself against your compassion as against the worst of all pamperings and weaknesses?" (Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 225. Compare The Will to Power, Kaufmann edition, section 367.)
Sauwelios
Philosophical Supremacist

Re: My Favourite Video Game Music.

Postby PavlovianModel146 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:11 am

First I will list the game, then the system, then the song.

Michael Jackson's Thriller-Sega Genesis-"Beat It (Instrumental)"

Grand Theft Auto-Playstation-"Grand Theft Auto" (Credited to Da Shootaz)

The Legends of Zelda A Link To The Past-Super Nintendo-"Main Theme"

Final Fantasy III (Japan FF VI)-Super Nintendo-Music in Village of Narshe

Ridge Racer-Playstation-"Rare Hero"
"Love is the gravity of the Soul" - Abstract -/-/1988 - 3/11/2013 R.I.P

PavlovianModel146
Ringing The Bell

Postby Blurry » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 pm

I have to chime in and say that I love the music in Twisted Metal: Black, especially Vesti la Giuppa. There's something absolutely charming about listening to opera while blowing shit up.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby Xilivai Ferozix » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:53 am

There is a song on the .Hack games for the PlayStation 2 that I liked. Legend Of Zelda: Windwaker had a good intro theme song. Also, speaking of Twisted Metal, Twisted Metal 4 had a Rob Zombie song that I liked.

Legend Of Zelda: Windwaker Prologue - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEoRavExhfo&feature=related

Twisted Metal 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2Xx9-wjBE

Oh, and of course my new favorite, Mirrors Edge theme song Still Alive.

Mirrors Edge: Still Alive - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERyxFfMqDk

When ever I practice parkour I think of this song.
Xilivai Ferozix

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment