Lyrics?

Share and discuss.

Lyrics?

Postby Luntifeathers » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:31 pm

There are some bands I love mainly due to the quality of their lyrics. Not many music artists have the power to make me drop what I'm carrying because the lyrics hit me so hard it might as well have physically hurt. I then had to sit down and listen to the song all the way through - it nearly brought me to tears. This actually happened to me(embarrassing as it might be) but I think it demonstrates how strong an impact art can be.

Has anyone here felt emotionally attached to particular lyrics? If so, do share =]
Luntifeathers

Re: Lyrics?

Postby Blaze » Sat May 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Ah sure it did happen to me, and it happened alot! There are alot of amazing songs with amazing lyrics out there.

One of my favorites!

I Ain't No Stranger Giving Love!
Blaze

Postby Blurry » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:20 pm

"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby jonquil » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:58 am

Now if I only had a margarita followed by a cucuracha chaser to sing the best possible karaoke song of - all - time !!! :dance:

"Sur le volcan ne pousse pas l'herbe" (Grass does not grow on a volcano). - Ivor Cutler on his bald pate
jonquil
Philosopher

Postby Luntifeathers » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:09 am

Mmmm... margartias :P
Luntifeathers

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment