Lake Superior Weekend

Wet, rainy day :frowning:

Braving the elements

Checkers in the park, anyone?

The dollar store provides entertainment on a gross day -

Plastic rings :smiley:

Toy car + sharpie marker

Okay, day 2, beautiful day, but still kinda cold. First stop - sweatshirts!

To the marina!

Our boat, the Miner’s Castle. Why is it called the Miner’s Castle? No idea.

And the ride.

We the United States of America have hereby conquered this sandbar!!!

I’m freeezing

We saw this waterfall on the way home.

The puzzle that defeated us

In the end, there was just too much blue.

Red!

Cute, I lol’d.

Blurred,

Wow, all of those pictures!! Beautiful… and thank you for that energy.

And finish the puzzle…

“When you’ve flown as far as you can you’re halfway there.”
“What?”
“He said we’re halfway there!”
~Legend of the Guardians!!!

Lake Superior is beautiful! And I liked where you ‘parked’ your car. :laughing:

LoL, these are probably only 1/4 of the pictures I actually took, but I got sick of posting so just picked out some random ones, and a couple of my favorites. That place, all the water and rock walls, is called Pictured Rocks, it’s absolutely beautiful up there.

As for the puzzle, it’s already taken apart. Would’ve been hard to transport a partially-finished puzzle from our suite back to my apartment LoL

Not sure how I missed these before, but I’m glad this thread resurfaced, the photos are wonderful. The color of the water in some of those images - gorgeous. And the rock formations are so cool - the geological history of the Great Lakes is just fascinating to me. I liked the whimsical car shots, too. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing these, Blurred, really interesting and enjoyable!

Alright, I don’t know which one of the mods here is fucking with my pics, but that’s really stupid.

I am not, but that said, they don’t look any different to me. In what way are they being fucked with?

I think I might see what you mean, now. Do some of them seem more zoomed in than they should? I don’t know that would necessarily be someone fucking with them, it could be some issue with the site, or with how many pics are on the page.

TheStumps would typically be the guy I’d ask about this, but he’s gone until the 20th, maybe Carleas will know what’s going on.

:question:
They look normal to me. They take forever to load, but they look normal.

No, there was a picture added to one of my posts, of someone’s fat wrist with an ugly ass vampire-mouth looking tatto. I edited the post and deleted the picture, but it was weird. No idea where that came from.

Shit! Was the first picture in that group the one where you were wearing the hoodie?

That’s the only one that has been edited more than once and that’s the only one that has been edited today. The strange thing is, all of your groups have photos say you edited them once, and in every other case, it was on September 6th, 2010, which I believe is when you posted them.

If it holds true that the mere posting of a picture constitutes an edit, then that would mean you’re the only editor showing up. I’ll see if there’s some kind of edit history I can look at, I’m not sure if there is or not.

I did a test Edit on your post to see if it would change the timestamp, but it didn’t. Apparently, when a Moderator edits any post except for his/her own, it doesn’t appear in the edit count on the actual post.

I’ve pretty much exhausted what little technical know-how I have just doing that, but maybe the Admin account (Carleas) logs all of the Edits regardless of who is doing the editing, I’ll ask him.