The Last Airbender: Join the Hate

Okay, I’d read so many bad reviews of the Last Airbender that I decided to not take the kids to see it at the flicks. I am so glad. I finally caught it on DVD this evening. Me and my son and daughter sat through it. First half hour we kinda just watched and said “He doesn’t look like Soka. She doesn’t look like Kitara. What’s happened to Zuko’s scar and hair…? Why’s his uncle so slim…?”

ad infinitum.

Avatar was about the only cartoon series I actually enjoyed watching with the kids on Nichelodeon. I pretty much liked everything about it. Good characters, that developed over time, interesting plot-lines, a sense of epic-ness… Etc. I can’t believe how much ruin whatshisface director wreaked upon the whole gig. It’s like he purposefully sat down and tried actively to fuck the whole film up. It dragged, it blatently changed the story, the cast didn’t resemble anyone at all, the effects were crap, the whole handling of bending/fighting was terrible. Even my son said - “why don’t they just hit him while he’s flapping his arms around dad…?”

As a film maker, if a seven year old boy can poke holes in your film, you probably should learn another trade, like plumbing or something.

Arrgh. I can’t tell you how much I’d like to punch M. Night Shyamalan. What an asshole.

-10/10

Couple weeks ago I was at a theater watching some movie (forget what) and the preview for Devil came on the screen, and when it got to the point where it said it’s directed by Shamalaasjdfl; everyone in the audience went, “Awwwwwwwwwwwww.”

How does this asshole keep getting work?

Probably because his asshole keeps getting work.

:laughing: