SO, YOU THINK YER SMART, EH!

I work as a writer. My formal training was in farriery. Go figure.

I have a writing partner. Two writers are better than one any day of the week - and twice on Sunday. My writing partner is serving life in prison. Prison is the best place that a writer could ever find to send his work for critique. Prisoners are voracious readers, most read one book a week. There are no “bad” books in prison. They hit the trash as soon as they hit population. All books in cell blocks are great reads.

But all that has nothing to do with the reason for this post.

Why am i making a post here? ENTERTAINMENT. I’m hoping to be able to find out if we have original thinkers here, or people who merely get all their thoughts and information from the " GOOGLE CRYSTAL BALL". If you are incapable of generating an original thought, and instead, have to get all your thoughts from a computer, Well, you’re just a phony-ass psuedo-intelligent, book-smart ass.

All the world is at your fingertips,and you have access to it, BUT, CAN YOUR MIND EVEN GENERATE AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT.?

Thus, my post; my challenge.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++THE MISSION-TEST-CHALLENGE++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I created a new Game Show for TV that I have already sent to my agent. Actually, I sent a package of seven pitches for new shows that i hope to have produced.
My writing partner and I created the Game Show. He chose the title, and we took turns developing the game.

I want to use the game show we created to see if anyone here truly is capable of generating an original thought on their own, without going to the “GOOGLE CRYSTAL BALL”. - BUT, EVEN THAT WON’T HELP YOU HERE, BECAUSE I ALREADY CHECKED.

The Game Show Title is : " Watch Your Step ".

That is what my writing partner thought of. I had to send a concept for the show, he edited and changed it to improve it.
Then I edited that and improved it, until we had a show with rules that we could enjoy.

QUESTION: Working off the title, what do you think the game show is about.
CLUE: The title is most appropriate.

Contestants compete to see who can run up and down a set of stairs the fastest. Judges award extra points for style.

It’s about an obstacle course full of cow-pies. Everyone weighs their shoes before and after running the obstacle course - the person with the highest mass of cow-pie accumulated on their shoes loses. The person with the least gets a lifetime supply of fertilizer.

I’d have said dog shit, but something along those lines, yes.

An amass of incredibly elderly people are forced along an obstacle course by a huge moving wall with all sorts of humiliating things to halt them. The wall makes its way along the course and if it catches up with the seanile oldies they get fall over and get sucked through the bottom of the wall into a pool of gunge.

If you can’t visualise it I would be happy to draw it on paint and upload it here.

I like the title “Watch Your Step.” It beats "Wheel of Fortune,“The Price Is Right” and “How To Be A Millionaire” any day, that’s for sure. We need something new and catchy. However, I’m definitely not smart enough to know what the hell the game involves except that it would be fun to picture the contestants having to wear costumes from The Wizard of Oz and negotiate a yellow brick obstacle course devised by minds experienced in ponzi and pyramid schemes. Hmm… maybe your prison partner is Bernie Madoff, eh . . . .

i don’t think that’s a game show

Lol. Whatever, it doesn’t matter. I used to watch game shows when I was little. There was this one show called “Say When,” and my mother had a friend who was herself a television personality with her own show, and this friend went to New York with her husband and happened to get on this game show, and she just kept winning and winning, got all sorts of appliances and a cool little Renault Dauphine. We watched her win for a week. After they got home, she came over with the kids for a visit and told my mom that she really regretted getting on that show because they had to pay taxes on all that stuff. She said they had to sell off the car to pay the taxes. That was a lesson for sure.

Reminds me of ‘Life of Brian’ , the Alms for an ex-Leper scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=U74s8nFE7No

Laughing. I love that movie. Always look on the bright side of life, eh . . . . :sunglasses:

This is fucking retarded.

You know what this post says? “I am an original thinker. Therefore, I am better than all of you. Unless you, too, are an original thinker. But you have to PROVE that to me.”

Give me a break. Fucking stupid.

I would add, what is the point of this lame-ass guessing game? How does guessing what some gameshow that some random fuck (who probably none of us know, and few of us give a shit about) made up is about going to prove that anyone is an “original thinker”?

Are you suggesting that my genius and innovative idea doesn’t make me better than everyone else?

If this thread is any indication yeah comparatively. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol. Nice deflection to deal with disturbed people with rage/anger management issues.

Okay, buckshot, it’s about yielding as the only true power. You need to exericise this power in order for it to remain, however, don’t over shoot your mark or you lose it all. Money and greed are the un-original examples of this, but really it cuts to the bare bones of it all. Watching your step could mean extreme focus and concentration. Also a form of a power generating baseline. Many people can look far ahead and plan, but lose sight of the small steps. The challenge would to be able to master both, a mulit-taskers delight. It could mean having to tell the truth, but not offending with it. Its just a game about boundries, clear divisions, competing and co-operating, give, take, deepness and actions on the surface. Or just risk and reward.

And for what it’s worth, nobody is original. :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

A disturbed person with rage/anger management issues? How’s this for anger management issues – jonquil, you’re a dumb cunt.

Yeah, I have rage. A lot of it, and I’ve learned to embrace it. Accepting it has made my life easier, and better, it’s made ME better. Who are you to say that a bit of rage is a bad thing? You live in this deluded little fantasy world, thinking everyone should be nice and sweet and kiss each other’s asses all the time. Why don’t you kiss mine? Rage is a tool, like any other emotion, that can be used to achieve excellent results, when it’s done properly. I wouldn’t expect someone as passive and full of bullshit as you are to understand anything like that, though. You’d rather sit back and deny that you, too, have rage. You wouldn’t want to be a “disturbed person.” Heaven forbid. So go on, jonquil, exchange your niceties with all of these amazing ePeople you so admire. Don’t ever let them know that they’re full of bullshit, because then you might have to acknowledge that you are, too – just like the rest of us.

Marry me!
(not traditionally, but by simply staying nearby.)

I mean I love you, you raging bitch.

:laughing:

Hehe. Well of course we all have our faults, it’s learning not to consider them weaknesses but use them appropriately as strengths that counts as you say.

As for arrogant idiots you get them everywhere, people who have inferiority complexes (and over compensate), children, adults who never grew up, trolls, numpties, fools and just plainly delusional narcissists.

That said jonquil may or may not be a self agrandizing narcissist. But your reaction certainly made me laugh. Kudos.

:laughing: