Documentary realism in literature - What is it?

Can anyone explain, I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere.

This is a story or novel that is non-fiction or reads like non-fiction and has a journalistic feel to it. Think in terms of fiction that sounds like reportage. A good example of the genre is In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, although that is based on a true story. I’m not all that familiar with this genre as it developed, so I would like to know about more examples as well. I’m wondering if Trainspotting fits, but that’s a movie. Here’s a page on doc realism in Cuban fiction: books.google.com/books?id=GTr3sO … sm&f=false

Here’s something on Constant Burnlaux: books.google.com/books?id=2_JLL3 … re&f=false

A good resource might be: Fact into fiction: Documentary realism in the contemporary novel by Lars Sauerberg.

So anything where the narrator doesn’t make comments and such?

I’m reading some articles that contrast romanticism with realism by saying that romantic lit. has heroes for its protagonists while realism has common folk and such.

Is realism and documentary realism the same thing?

I have a paper due on documentary realism in the work of Henry Lawson due by the 21th, and, as you can see, I don’t even know what doc realism is and to make matters worse I’ve never read a sentence written by Henry Lawson. As you can see, I’m in a bit of a bad spot.

Anyone who can help with either doc realism, or, even better, specifically with doc realism of Henry Lawson gets a big kiss!