I'm creating a soundtrack for a video game mod...

Anyone care to listen? I really do thrive off feedback:

soundcloud.com/rafajafar/sets/nwn-mod/

Also, check out this vid of song 13, I think it’s pretty neat. youtube.com/watch?v=bJRJqqZFs90

That sounds super cool. I will check the urls soon.

EDIT:

Ok I checked out two of the songs.
Not really my type but good work and useful for the game.

Can you tell me more about this game and the team that works on it?

If you picked two random songs, you probably missed out on the good ones.

Check out #3 and #13.

Not much to say about the team. It’s just a few guys working on a mod for Neverwinter NIghts.

The songs are all very sparse, often only using two sounds.

You have some melodies and some basic chords, they don’t seem to be a problem. Could be more catchy, but that’s not so important for background music.

Percussion. Are you intentionally leaving it out?

Don’t be afraid to explore the higher and lower registers of your synth. A broadened sound might help to make the songs more engaging and contrasted. Avoid melodrama though.

This is just midi right? You’ll only get an extremely dry sound out of whatever you are using.

The delay and reverb effects are giving you some atmosphere in spite of the limitations of your equipment - these kinds of games really thrive off and need atmosphere. The songs do capture some element of the environment they are intended to sound like.

Wow, blast from the past. I used to do that. Probably not as in depth as you guys. “A Dance with the Devil” was probably my fave.

Haven’t looked at that page in years. 56,384 downloads and a ‘Hall of Fame’ entry. Sob. I feel so validated. :laughing:

What kind of mod are you guys making anyway Rafa…?

I really like the Rural and Forest melodies. Could use a little more variation and tweaking to exaggerate some of your songs and make them catchier. I agree with Silhouette about going for a somewhat broader and richer sound.