Just wish to happy

Hello Guys…
Just be happy in your life and let others to be happy while doing some extra-curricular activities.

Sounds like some evil scheme to take over the world, George.

i dont trust anybody who includes a number in their name

Ahem.

j/k

It is time for man to fix his goal. It is time for man to plant the germ of his highest hope.
Still is his soil rich enough for it. But that soil will one day be poor and exhausted, and no lofty tree will any longer be able to grow thereon.
Alas! there cometh the time when man will no longer launch the arrow of his longing beyond man- and the string of his bow will have unlearned to whizz!
I tell you: one must still have chaos in one, to give birth to a dancing star. I tell you: ye have still chaos in you.
Alas! There cometh the time when man will no longer give birth to any star. Alas! There cometh the time of the most despicable man, who can no longer despise himself.
Lo! I show you the last man.
“What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?”- so asketh the last man and blinketh.
The earth hath then become small, and on it there hoppeth the last man who maketh everything small. His species is ineradicable like that of the ground-flea; the last man liveth longest.
“We have discovered happiness”- say the last men, and blink thereby.
They have left the regions where it is hard to live; for they need warmth. One still loveth one’s neighbour and rubbeth against him; for one needeth warmth.
Turning ill and being distrustful, they consider sinful: they walk warily. He is a fool who still stumbleth over stones or men!
A little poison now and then: that maketh pleasant dreams. And much poison at last for a pleasant death.
One still worketh, for work is a pastime. But one is careful lest the pastime should hurt one.
One no longer becometh poor or rich; both are too burdensome. Who still wanteth to rule? Who still wanteth to obey? Both are too burdensome.
No shepherd, and one herd! Everyone wanteth the same; everyone is equal: he who hath other sentiments goeth voluntarily into the madhouse.
“Formerly all the world was insane,”- say the subtlest of them, and blink thereby.
They are clever and know all that hath happened: so there is no end to their raillery. People still fall out, but are soon reconciled- otherwise it spoileth their stomachs.
They have their little pleasures for the day, and their little pleasures for the night, but they have a regard for health.
“We have discovered happiness,”- say the last men, and blink thereby.
[Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, 5].

Without-Music, are you upset because the death of god has taken away your aims in life? :open_mouth:

Not sure if you’re poking fun at Nietzsche, or sincerely asking. Regardless: I believe happiness to be a hindrance to man’s capacity for overcoming. We should never be merely content with ourselves. We should always aspire to more. God died long before I was born, Frankenstein, and so it does not make sense to imply that God’s death deprived my life of anything.

Do you believe that we should have no happiness,no contentment in our lives, whatsoever?

No: happiness should be a means to something greater, rather than an end in itself.

Hello Without-Music,
Can you give me an example of how happiness would be a means so that I may follow a little better. All that is coming to mind are being happy for ones mental health, for friendships’ sake. Is this at all what you were thinking or am I mistaken, as usual.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Greetings, Frankenstein. Thy type of joy we feel in overcoming obstacles is a happiness that itself allows of the possibility that more obstacles are to come, indeed, that takes further pleasure in such a possibility. More, there is happiness in affirming such a process after having removed the goal: we can take pleasure in becoming better, even while we acknowledge that there is no end to our endeavor. The happiness of which I’m speaking is the happiness felt with oneself, the state of oneself and one’s life. Such a happiness can either be a type of contemptible self-satisfaction – an assumption that the end has been reached, i.e the happiness of the last men – or a pleasure taken in an open-ended succession of overcomings.

Happiness is… the genetically-predisposed firing of neurons in my brain when I look at my daughter’s face. Did I just sound like Snoopy? ](*,)

Why?

Because it is mediocre.

can you give any examples of things that are greater that happiness is a means to?

The ceaseless, fluid overcoming of obstacles.

why is that greater? and how does happiness help that?

and the thing about is that it doesn’t sound very much like an end. ‘obstacle’ brings up the question: obstacle TO WHAT?

What obstacles need be overcome if one is content?

How?