Midnight in Paris

Great movie, ya’ll! I haven’t seen a Woody Allen movie in yonks, and this one is just fantastic! I love Paris so much now, as if I’ve been there in all those beautiful times.

i live in paris. that stuff never happens to me.

It was a really sweet movie. Did you see You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger? I loved that one. It’s amazing how Allen turns out so many quality movies.

Lol. You can see it all the time firsthand. Familiarity breeds boredom?

I should add for all: what I really appreciated was all the references to art by parodies of the artists
themselves. Hemingway was the best, really funny. I also liked the Bunuel reference to the film
The Exterminating Angel. It’s in my Netflix queue now.

did you see the movie? i dont think you would say what you just said have you seen the movie. cuz HE GOES BACK IN TIME! I can’t just go back in time all the time. Paris doesn’t work like that.

Umm. The film is to be enjoyed as a great parody. It’s not meant to be taken literally (like the Bible or any other work of fiction); yet there are great comedic and artistic moments to be greatly enjoyed. Note the Bunuel reference I just mentioned, along with the Hemingway. Those were priceless.

i guess you didn’t really understand my first post. when i said “that stuff never happens to me” i was referring to people inviting me in their car to go back in time. I promise, jonquil, i can’t just do that any time i want.