Life Is Beautiful

La Vita è Bella, aka Life Is Beautiful

Just watched it tonight. I haven’t cried that hard in years. I was literally convulsively sobbing. Jesus Christ what a masterpiece.
Download it here NOW!

My wife convinced me to watch that movie one day. I was ready to be done with it after the first half hour because it starts incredibly slow. Needless to say, my pissing and moaning ceased toward the second half. By the end, I felt like a dick for ever having criticized it.

The movie is incredible, hands down.

I thought it was pretty funny right away, slap-stickish and weirdly romantic.

The cool thing about my experience of the movie is that I didn’t know what it was about. I was told briefly a couple days prior but I had forgotten. I downloaded the movie and all I knew about it was that it was made in 1997 and that it was Italian. That ignorance made the whole thing, I think, more interesting for me than if I had known.

I’ll have to watch it again. I saw it while sleeping, so I didn’t get it.

I must also say that Lost was a masterpiece of television, even though I never saw it.

If you’d seen it, you’d know that the ending of Lost was pretty much the second worst thing that ever happened to television (first being Reality TV). It was really strong for the first season or two, but then it just started going down hill, and then…THE ENDING WAS JUST SO BAD!!!

It probably was, but I think there was a hidden message in there from what I’ve heard about it.

Thanks for the shout, not seen this yet! Had an 8.5 rating on IMDB so sounds pretty neat.

Perhaps it’s ironic that I’m going to use this word but Afuckingmen to that.

1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th seasons were great. Probably the best television/entertainment/story I have ever seen.
6th season ? Awful.
Series finale? A fucking crime. Revolting.

in the words of the late Combo from Breaking Bad,

[size=200]CHURCH[/size]

I can’t even if I watched a single Italian movie but this one enticed me. I never thought I’m gonna cry liked a child in pain again. Thanks to this one it made me realize that life is indeed beautiful and wonderful. =D>