Move over Jimi...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAaFrxI0LrM[/youtube]

Shit… I’m actually impressed. I don’t like it when this happens concerning the very few I celebrate as particularly unique.

Quickly onto the criticism then: I think her backing band are lacking - in sonic presence mainly. For all the show-stealing that JImi did, his backing band were actually pretty damn cool. Her voice doesn’t cut it - it’s… very decent but too high pitched and piercing like you’d expect from a female voice, and since that’s not how I’m used to it on Jimi songs then I can’t accept it :stuck_out_tongue:

A couple of silly criticisms really, considering everything, but I do have a couple of more significant ones - she doesn’t understand the Wah Pedal!!! And I object to her more shreddy style (I suppose that’s just modern though) to make up for a lack of aggression and primal manly connection with the music. That latter bit sounds sexist, especially in conjunction with my unfair vocal criticism, but I hear it loud and clear. The shredding particularly comes into play with her hammer-on interlude, which is more of a modern thing to make a spectacle of. Jimi did it to an extent, sure - I don’t recall him fretting with his picking hand though maybe I just never saw it - though I hear him doing it as though for himself/the music, like an extension of his songs rather than as a demonstration, which the girl is clearly falling for.

That’s probably the best I can come up with to be honest. She actually captures the feel and so much of the passion and assertion in Jimi’s playing - something I’ve never actually heard before in another guitar player.
Mostly it’s the absolute shit that Stevie Ray Vaughan would crap out - shameless superficial showcase bullturd - from the kinda guitarist who exists only to impress with technical ability, dexterity and speed. Feigning passion is the best that sort could ever muster. They should be completely banned from playing any Jimi. This girl, I’ll allow though :-"

It is quite possible a lot of Jimi’s imaginative abilities could have been enhanced by the pharmaceutical intake. I personally think he was ahead of his time with hus proficient handling of a Stratocaster. Have you ever wondered how his talent would have progressed if he hadn’t died so young? Imagine how he would do with today’s electronics.

The young lady has a technical perspicacity and has captured a lot of the nuances that Jimi was known for, but yes, the shredding could have been omitted. It did seem however she reached inside herself for the feeling that Jimi expressed in his music. The singing end of it was inconsequential as well as her accompaniment with her playing. I would like to hear her rendition of ‘Purple Haze’, or 'All Along The Watchtower". Perhaps I will search for them.