Breaking Bad fans?

Probably the best show on tv right now and quite frankly one of the best I have ever seen along with Lost
(well if you forget the awful, almost criminal 6th season).

The 4th season ended last week, did anyone saw it?
What are your though on the season finale?
What do you think will happen in the 5th season?
What do you want to happen?

Yea I see’ed it.

The show glorifies meth somewhat.

Walt goes from, last season, killing/letting someone die to save a life, to, this season, poisoning a baby for so he could take over a drug ring. So they’re working on the good-to-evil character arc.

Next season Walt will turn fully evil probably.

The show is decent. Somewhat predictable, but you arrive in an interesting way. I thought the ending to the episode 2 before the season finale was the best episode in the series so far.

Really? How about that scene in the 2nd season, I think where they did that fast montage of that prostitute daily life?
How about the scene where Jane overdose?

Do you think Requiem for a Dream glorifies drug use?

People seem to ignore that drugs can be wonderful. You feel great after taking them. And then you feel like shit and most of them destroy your body and are extremely unhealthy but to depict drugs as something completely negative would be unrealistic. And this is coming from someone who never did drugs.

Yes, Vince Gilliham has said that his intention was to take this goody two shoes and turn him into scarface.

Moved to Arts, Music, & Entertainment.

Shadow Topic left in place.

Best show that has ever been on television. Absolutely sublime.

Coming from someone who has recently come off a serious opiate addiction, I agree completely with what you said. I’m going to go further with this though. To me, the biggest thing that Drugs are, is deceptive. When you come within the realm of the “Event Horizon” it will pull you in with incredible force. I really did wholeheartedly believe that besides the obvious physical anguish related with cessation, that there was nothing wrong with being on drugs all the time. I felt vibrant, confident, happy. Still though, I struggled to find peace. I often would get incredibly angry for very trivial reasons, it seemed like I was fighting with myself at times. Before I started using again (this was the second time around) I was in a dark place and drugs seemed to hold the key to the door that would lead me into the light. Well, they sort of did. What I learned though as time went on, was that the drug was tricking me into believing that I couldn’t live without it. I was not only terrified of the physical aspects of withdrawal but also I feared that all of my confidence and vibrance would vanish and never return, because I believed that it was the drugs which were providing all of this for me. When I decided to quit I prepared myself for disaster but had at least some confidence that I could do it. During this time of withdrawal I attempted to communicate with God, something I hadn’t done in years. I asked him for a sign anything at all, of course there was nothing. But as I sat there talking to myself or God or whatever…I realized that it didn’t matter whether God existed or not, in fact this was probably of least consequence. Because I felt what mattered was that I stayed true to myself and my beliefs. Regardless of any form of God. Eventually this led me to the belief that everything is perfect exactly the way it is. When the physical anguish was finally over…I felt amazing and more confident and vibrant then ever. I accepted that I cannot really control anything and you take it as it comes with no anger, no doubt and no fear. Using drugs…is the coward’s way.

At the end of the day though I feel drugs did help me through a dark time…but I feel that in using drugs to ‘jump-start’ emotional or spiritual development, you have denied yourself experience. That goes for any drug that gives you so much without asking for anything in return.

Although there is something to be said for the experience of what I went through with withdrawals. Also perhaps there is something to be said for the experience of all of the various psychedelics and pharmaceuticals I have done. I guess it sounds pretty corny to just say that drugs are easily abused but this is just so very true. Marijuana of course…seems to fall within a different category, I mean our brains have receptors specifically geared to be activated by THC. Natural selection created this plant seemingly for us. Or…we were created with THC in mind…hahaha, I dunno just talking… This wouldn’t be the only thing that seems designed by nature with Mankind in mind. However it can certainly be misused as well.

I do believe though, that we can enjoy these things, these material and biological experiences because they are part of what we are but one must never worship a drug as if it holds all the answers and solutions. Or that it holds the key to bliss. You must find that for yourself. If you allow yourself to be sucked deeper and deeper…you may do some permanent emotional damage that can never truly be repaired.

Oh and I wasn’t arguing anything I was just giving trying to provide some insight.

Yeah, Breaking Bad is a damn good program. Especially considering all the absolute shit they put on television that’s made for…I dunno…retards I guess.

Nice post :slight_smile:

How about how throughout the entire show they have cheery musical-montage bake sessions; the fact that it explicitly shows that if you’re fed up with your life you can resort to destructive chemical drug dealing; etc.

As much as you are supposed to empathize with sad-sack Walt (Under appreciated, cheated out of his success and married to a raging bitch) and cheer him on when he breaks out of his shell . . . you aren’t supposed to think that what he is doing is a good thing. The whole premise of the show is watching the character arc of a good-but-pathetic figure transition into an utterly evil character with whom you still relate because of your shared history. During that transition, you cheer Walt on when he breaks out of his shell (Fulminated Mercury?) but you should feel deeply uncomfortable in cheering him on since, err, he is doing bad shit. Don’t get me wrong, “I WIN” was an asshole. But should we blow up asshole’s cars because it is cathartic? Or should we thing, ehhh, maybe that isn’t such a great idea.

Much less stand by and watch people choke to death on their own vomit.

Or poison children.

To say nothing of the fact that the dude is COOKING FUCKING METH. So he is actively ruining lives by trying to strive against the sad-sack he once was.

*Kill “innocent” bystanders so you can live – but I never really took to Gale. Fuck that dude.

See I liked Gale.

This.

Lets talk predictions. I’m not sure that Walt will take Gus’ place, even though that seems like where the show is heading. Seems too predictable, though that’s where my money is. If that happens, at least one of his immediate family will have to die - hopefully his wife, but I’m thinking his son, too - to make him over the edge, break any rationalizing notions he may have of acting defensively, and make him full on intentionally evil. Hank is gonna die as well, regardless of where they take Walt, and his rock collection’s going, too. Err, minerals. Sorry.

The big question now is what will be danger. Hank, obviously, but with Gus and the Cartel guys interested in meth gone, something else will have to be introduced. Gus was running a big organization. So I’m thinking someone will take his place and Walt will become a target either for revenge, or as a cook (although at this point I don’t see why they would want to keep making top quality blue meth). Either that or Walt will throw his hat into the ring, if only at least in his mind - to protect himself and his family, but really it will be because he’s power hungry. Basically, a lot of people will have to die next season. Maybe even Walt himself, as in the last episode of the Sopranos, and that will really make the ambivalence we have towards this character apparent. We sympathize for him, bu he’s a bad guy and as a result of his choices and actions - to cook meth as a starter, around 1000 people have died.

A couple airplanes full of people, around 12 he’s personally killed, and not to mention the casualties in the war with the cartel…

[tab]also, Gale ;_;[/tab]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YVis0HwZdM[/youtube]
This scene was amazing.

Why should I guess the future? Gobbs has said the show is predictable. He should be able to tell us what is going to happen in the next season. Me? I think this show is delightfully unpredictable. So, what says the man who knows all?

I want to start watching this show. I guess I should start from the beginning, eh? Right now, my current all-time favorite show is “The Wire” which had 5 awesome seasons. But everyone keeps talking about breaking Bad…so…before my expectations get too high…I should get on this.

Watch the pilot. It is great.

I watched the first season of The Wire. I get that Baltimore is the real character – but I could never get into the show. Just didn’t do it for me.

From the first scene in the Pilot episode of Breaking Bad I was like, “Holy shit, this is the best show ever!”

Granted, I am a biased audience. At the time of the pilot, I was a scientist feeling deeply underappreciated at my workplace, in a relationship with a real bitch, prone to occasional bouts of violent rage and steeped in an on-going criminal past. It isn’t “My Life: The Show” but I can’t deny that my identification with WW during the first season doesn’t color how I view the show now.

But seriously.

Watch the pilot. Be amazed.

Know that a show’s pilot is normally its weakest episode. After you watch the pilot, think to yourself, “That was a weak-to-normal episode for this series”. The pilot is one of the best things I have ever seen. It is better than pretty much any movie you will see.

That is how Breaking Bad goes.

Cool, will do. Yeah, I live near Baltimore, so I might be a bit biased about The Wire as well. I’m always glad to learn about a new good series that stands out among all the other television sitcoms and shallow dramas.

Not sure about the broader plot lines, but Walter Jr. is due for a life altering high. His character has been underplayed for too long.

And the carwash would make an ideal transportation hub.

Jesse direly needs to get some religion and release into cultural orthodoxy.

And Skyler is gonna out-do hubby in some form of Family-preservative act of gargangsterous illethicality. I’m guessing it will have to do with betraying sis. But I wouldn’t put money on that, yet.

You’re not supposed to get your morals from a tv show, after all, it is a tv show.#-o

I definitely think Walt will become Gus. And not because he needs too, but because he gets a kick out this new found power. Like Bryan Cranston said in a behind the scenes video, walt has accepted who he has become. He rather live an exiting year then a boring 5 or 10 years.

I also heard an interesting theory about the german multinational or whatever Madrigal Electromotive that supplied Gus with the lab equipment. Someoned linked it to Mike who supposedly has a german surname. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what will happen with mike.

That one was pretty amazing.
Best two scenes of the whole show for me:

youtube.com/watch?v=iXRPodde … re=related
youtube.com/watch?v=cwpBiKNvgWo

That’s just a device. No one would watch a cooking scene unless the scene was speed’ed up and had music in the background. It would be incredibly boring.

Yes you can manufacture drugs if you want. What a shocker.