Jazz ~ anyone into it, know about it…

Do you know what album that comes from?

Nice how well jazz moves with flowing water.

No idea. It’s miles davis and cannonball alderly. I also like pretty much anything frmo thelonius monk. wynton marsallis is playing in my city in the next couple of weeks, and I can’t get a single motherfucker to go.

Just bought my first three jazz albums, thanks guys for helping me get started…
All digitally remastered

Miles Davis; Kind Of Blue

John Coltrane; Blue Train [Rudy Van Gelder Edition]

Breaking Out of New Orleans 1922-1929 various artists.

:slight_smile:

I kinda have a way of testing good music, my dawg [dog]. He seems to know good music, he loved; kind of blue, but when I put ‘breaking out’ [as above] on, his ears kept twitching ~ I think to him its like a great dane chasin’ a bunch or terriers ‘roun the place. :laughing:

liking bleugrass also right now.

Bluegrass is great. It came from the Urpeans, but the Merkins perfected it. :slight_smile:

Dogs are useful, if nothing else they never tell on you. :slight_smile:

Indeed, I remember a chap who said all modern music came from black music, jazz, blues etc, when in fact that equally comes from us whiteys.

Haha indeed. Although the last time I assfucked my dog he kept licking himself and looking at me funny then glancing at my wife ~ a dead giveaway. :evilfun:

Well yeah obviously, but suffering for your art does produce some good music, whatever your colour, I mean take Radiohead, omg what the hell middle class nightmare did they almost die from. :slight_smile:

Oooooooooooooookay then. :laughing:

that’s a good point, I think adversity loosens up the bones somewhat and gives depth. Africans seem to be naturally looser though, ~ maybe that’s a bit vague.

A bit Hannibal was African and he almost bought the Roman Empire to its knees. And the rulers of Mali had a nice little Empire at one time. And let’s not forget Egypt, or Abyssinia once the most wealthy nation on Earth, now a bit of a crap hole but… :slight_smile:

But I get the gist of your point. :slight_smile:

Yup, and Axim the kingdom of Ethiopia. Hannibal was Carthaginian derived from Phoenicians I do believe, Egyptians ~ well that’s a little contentious these days with pharaohs genes coming from Anatolia and celtic sources [well that strain of R1B genes] amongst many others, certainly they depicted themselves in paintings differently to Nubians and other black Africans. The mediteranian is a bit of a melting pot rather than any specific race.

As for African Americans, I assume they are mostly sub-Saharan Africans ~ which is what I meant. :slight_smile:

Back to the point then, wouldn’t you say that ‘generally’ speaking, Africans have a certain kind of looseness that can be detected in jazz? I watched a documentary on European jazz and I felt it was a little more abrupt, am I misreading it?

I don’t genuinely know and I’m not afraid to say it. Jazz is not my strong music, as much as I like it, I don’t listen to half as much of it as I should. You’re no doubt right though, but then there isn’t any white WASP only Jazz these days, it’s a mark of progress that Jazz is trans-ethnic. :wink:

Sub Saharan? Shaka Zulu. Of course they met the British, and sharpened water melons were not as effective as repeating rifles but… :wink:

Africans suffer from a lack of food, a high prevalence of disease, and being exploited by Europeans therein, because lets face it Africa environmentally has always drawn the short straw, put it this way it may be the cradle of humanity but we sure got out while the goin’ was good. Whilst it might not be good for their history such deprivation and climatological abuse, it’s possibly good for their music. :slight_smile:

= ?

Indeed, they had a spear [with a short-sword like blade] named by the sound it makes as it disembowelled someone, but no, not as effective. Interesting chap shaka, but such people do have a habit of impaling people. sub-saharan is everything bar the mediteranian cultures, so around 70% of africa.

Ha, yes indeed. Man that continent has been raped into oblivion.
Makes me wonder when I see humans trying to feed themselves in desert conditions, then animals on lush savannas, ~ seems humans arent worthy of such protection.
Apart from tourism the Europeans have largely left imho, it’s the Chinese raping their ass now.

White Anglo-Saxon Protestants. :slight_smile:

I was being ironical. In the united state of Merkins, they are the anal conservative band of the anal conservative branch of anal conservatives. :slight_smile:

But then you must of known that.

We should plan an ILP philosophy nerd/druggie meetup at preservation hall. I can be there in 3.5 hours.

Do it in Montreal; I could go and our weed is better.

Yea I just didn’t know ‘WASP’.

They sound like a good alternative to the utility I made of my dog earlier lol

I’d like to see a video of that, a bunch of nervous first meet forumers paranoid on dope, just imagine the first wide-eyed looks and garbled words spoken. :laughing:

Or would it be; the hall is empty and there’s a bunch of dudes outside hiding around corners. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only joking, I am sure a few beers would stop all that :smiley:

With the right combination of environment, personalities, and mastery over the state, a weed circle never fails.

I get the feeling that a jazz jam session must be the same way.

indeed :slight_smile: jazz is made for a relaxed atmosphere. :sunglasses:

Dude I grow amazing weed, and Preservation Hall is the birthplace of jazz. Plus New Orleans is a great city to get drunk and pass out in the streets of.

Check it out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preservation_Hall

How about jazz in the ‘smooth’. Brian Culbertson, Eric Darius, Euge Groove, Paul Taylor [favorite] Check them out on Pandora