Why does watching movies make me feel lame?

Moved to AME.

I would feel extremely lame too if I watched only blockbusters.

The more hyped the film is, the less I want to watch it.

Amen brother.

well i steer well clear usually but, to my chagrin, i was lured into a false sense of security with it being star trek and all.

Just watch low budget movies then. See where that gets you. Oh wait, that’s actually a good idea. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the internet: the renaisance of movie making.

It’s almost as though someone thought, “Hey, this forumla of exploding things and sex really brings them in. How may we apply this to every plot we ever want to make?”

Captain obvious. :slight_smile:

I knew it. I fucking knew it.

You’re one of those conspiracy wackos.

I have to say…

Zing.

Really? Because I completely fail to see how the “joke” applies in this context.

It doesn’t apply. Hence the joke.

Well… bout time I be hittin’ the old dusty trail…

…Woops. Can’t get out that way.

Thank you my host, I will endeavour to enjoy my stay. :slight_smile:

Not getting it. Must be an “American” thing. Or Canadian.

If it’s any consolation I get it, but it’s not the best joke in the world, that would of course be “my dog has no nose.” etc.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhmnOpoGAPw[/youtube]

Basically he was poking fun at you, ironically, because of what you said before. Mind you it’s ah well if you have to explain it it aint funny. It is just a joke. :slight_smile:

In a thread, not even devoted to anything related to it, where I just happened to mention 9/11 once you came in with a full windup finger point exclamation: “I KNEW IT!!!” like you had been sitting there twisting your mustache in contemplation for weeks. It was so random and out of left field (and consequently funny to me) I just thought I would, out of nowhere, do the same thing to you.

Anyways… joke ruined, haha.

I KNEW IT!!!

Oh my god I always knew you were the Antichrist!

It wasn’t quite that bad was it Gobbo? You’re exaggerating but I know what you mean. Volchok was probably on the pon farr at the time. :wink:

I sense an ILP meme starting…

I KNEW IT!!!

I get that. But I said that because he believes in at least 3 or 4 conspiracy theories.
In this context, it doesn’t apply. Anyway, moving on.

Moving on indeed, but you did rather over react. :slight_smile:

Besides we all know AF is a conspiracy nut anyway, it’s old news. :smiley: