Movies you wont appreciate.

Drama - http://www.imdb.com/list/tbJ0Uuu1r8o/
Action/Horror - http://www.imdb.com/list/jMNpRpOIF40/

Won’t appreciate?

I declare you full of shit. Japanese cinema. Anime. And Park Chan Wook pretty much define my cinema-taste of the last decade.

Joe Schmuck.

It’s not uncommon for people to like movies that are uncommonly liked. In other words, it’s normal to like abnormal things. There aren’t too many people alive who don’t like something that most people in their general demographic don’t like.

It’s fine that you appreciate your uniqueness, Joe. I think it’s worth noting, though, that being unique itself isn’t a unique quality – we’re all unique.

The only popular Japanese cinema is horror and anime. Also, out of the hundred films I listed, Park Chan Wook comprises 3?

I say YOU’RE full of shit, and probably haven’t seen 5 films from the first list I posted.

Also, it’s humorous that you’re mocking a mock name. You’re so clever! Search ‘Joe Schmoe’ on Wiki.

I think you’re talking to yourself more than you’re talking to me.

You’re a pretentious douche for creating thread titled “Movies you won’t appreciate.” The End. (What’s “The End” in Japanese?)

Fuck Joe Schmoe. The Wiki version and your own flaccid self.

:laughing:

P.S.

Yes. I am clever. Soooooo clever. Clevvvverrrrrrrr…but obviously plebian in comparison to your own superior tastes.

I think the films I listed wont appeal to many here, and it isn’t pretentious to point that out. If anything, it is accurate because no one has any interest in them, and therefore, no appreciation.

I’m not trying to say ILP couldn’t appreciate them, but rather that ILP wont have any desire to. I enjoy them enough to want to share them, regardless of result.

That’s a silly way to share something. When I am sharing music with people, I don’t say “Hey, listen to this, you totally won’t like it!” As such, I’m skeptical that your purpose in making this thread was “sharing” as you say. I think it’s more likely that your motives in making the thread are probably more related to pretentiousness than the desire to share.

However, if I were to take you at your word that the purpose of this thread were sharing, my response would be that that’s not the optimum way to share. If you are, in fact, honestly just trying to share, you should come up with a better strategy then “Hey, you won’t like this so I’m sharing it with you.”

It isn’t the best way to share.

I was letting myself down and keeping my hopes low, so when people completely ignore the lists, I can console myself with the ‘knowledge’ that I’d already anticipated it.

I do genuinely enjoy the films and wish that people saw and enjoyed them. :smiley:

Well that was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

However, I’m not disputing that that’s the case anyway. I mean, you made it a little bit more likely to be the case by your presentation, but even a more friendly presentation would admittedly not have resulted in as much interest as you’d ideally have liked.

I’ve found my musical tastes to not be the norm among philosophy circles. It kinda sucked at first, every time I made a post or thread about music I thought was good it would go ignored. But, then again, I noticed that I myself didn’t really show much interest in other peoples’ more eclectic tastes, so…if I’m not going to do it for them, why the hell should they for me? That helped me get over it: the realization that it’s just mutual disinterest. We don’t have time to humor everyone’s suggestions. There’s not enough time in a lifetime to read every suggested book, article, watch every suggested movie, listen to every suggested album. There’s just not enough time.

So, realizing that there’s not enough time to listen to everyone’s suggestion, you have to realize that the only people who are going to listen to your suggestions are the ones that find your suggestions to be more likely to be something they’d enjoy than the suggestions of any other random ass hole. You know what I mean? Like, I read pitchfork for music suggestions quite often. Why do I read pitchfork instead of some randomly chosen music blog somewhere else on the internet? Because I know that the kind of stuff they like at pitchfork is more likely to be the kind of stuff I like than most other places.

So if you want your suggestions to be heard, you’ve gotta kinda set yourself apart as someone who’s suggestions are worth the time to check out, more so than any other random ass hole on the internet. If you can’t do that, then you’ve gotta understand that from everybody else’s perspective, you are just some random asshole in the internet. And random asshole opinions are a dime a dozen.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Before I spout out my interests, I should find a target audience who I believe could relate, and then present them in a way, to appeal to said targets…

I also read Pitchfork. Usually when I’m in a lazy mood, couldn’t be bothered searching deeply, but want to listen to new music.

Found some of my favourite bands through them. I also saw a few of your music threads in here.

I’ll suggest a Japanese dream pop band I really enjoy. Listen if you like!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiMhFyCqPog[/youtube]

This is off their latest album and is very inviting to new listeners.

that’s a nice song. i haven’t downloaded a new album in like a month, i miss the world of music.

I’ve seen 11 of those films, I really like Asian cinema. Will check out the rest.

Believe it or not, I have searched for" strange movies" lists on imdb quite a few times. I will take a look at these two for sure.

I too, love Asian cinema.

Edit: Aparently I have only watched 4 films of the first list and 9 of the second which is crazy because I have watched a shitload of Asian films.

I see that you have watched Kokuhaku. That is one of my favorite films of all time. Visually, it is a masterpiece.

Edit2: after reading a few descriptions and watching a few trailers, I’m now torrenting 9 films suggested in those lists. :slight_smile: