Atlas Shrugged: Part I

vidreel.com/video/OTQzNTU0/

Trailer
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W07bFa4TzM[/youtube]

Atlas Shrugged Movie: Part I Film Synopsis

Dagny Taggart (Taylor Schilling) runs Taggart Transcontinental, the largest remaining railroad company in America, with intelligence, courage and integrity, despite the systematic disappearance of her best and most competent workers.
She is drawn to industrialist Henry Rearden (Grant Bowler), one of the few men whose genius and commitment to his own ideas match her own. Rearden’s super-strength metal alloy, Rearden Metal, holds the promise that innovation can overcome the slide into anarchy.
Using the untested Rearden Metal, they rebuild the critical Taggart rail line in Colorado and pave the way for oil titan Ellis Wyatt (Graham Beckel) to feed the flame of a new American Renaissance.
Hope rises again, when Dagny and Rearden discover the design of a revolutionary motor based on static electricity - in an abandoned engine factory - more proof to the sinister theory that the “men of the mind” (thinkers, industrialists, scientists, artists, and other innovators) are “on strike” and vanishing from society.

Atlas Shrugged is a novel that has generated inspiration and controversy since its publication in 1957.

Its theme is the role of individual achievement in society and its goal is to demonstrate what can happen when individual achievement is undervalued, suppressed and demonized. Complex characters embody heroism and evil, in a plot that combines drama, mystery, romance, and science fiction - the result is ultimately inspirational, not apocalyptic.
Dagny Taggart is one of the finest female heroines in modern literature: intelligent, courageous, and as beautiful as she is strong. She is a rare screen example of life lived on one’s own terms, for one’s own values. Steel magnate Henry Rearden says, “My goal is to make money” with pride. He is an industrialist who improves the quality of life for all - and values his reward. Atlas Shrugged’s villains are evil, but as familiar as our local neighbor - as they undercut and subvert talent and achievement.
atlasshruggedpart1.com/about#synopsis

Do you like that book? It does for greedy people what the bible does for warmongers. The presence of even its title, in text, in my life makes me both sick to my stomach and saddened at the notion that some people of such incredible capability can be influenced by the kind of thinking that makes them harmful to the world through flattering them to behave according to bad principles.

Also, its fiction and written at about a 6th grade level. Ayn Rand isn’t a philosopher. And she’s ugly too.

It’s not art, music or entertaining either, even the movie. They should change rant house to rand house.

You know she stated later on that she couldn’t live up to her own ideals right?

I’m sorry I know I’ve seen your name here and respected poster blah blah but fuck dude this is an emotional reacting to being repulsed. I’m reasoning the best I can.

that was quite seriously at least in the top 5 worst movies i’ve ever, ever seen. i started watching it out of interest. i continued watching it because it was HILARIOUS! the acting was so bad. the script was so bad. just about everything about it was atrocious. it’s so melodramatic.

i’m not as averse to her ideas as smears is, but i certainly don’t think it’s a very good piece of art.

I haven’t read any of her works. I just saw the movie and decided to check it out since there has been so much hype about this book
(I didn’t even know the book was fiction).

Well, I guess we are even now.

Hey sorry about that rant. The book still sucks, but I could have worded it differently.