What games are you playing atm

Battlefield 3, Sims 3, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed II: Brotherhood.

Battlefield’s graphics are unbelievably good. I recently upgraded my PC so that it can run this game on full spec no slowdown in any situation, and I have to say I have been on an aircraft carrier, watched planes launch, seen a convoy in motion from the deck of a frigate, and it sort of made me feel uneasy, kind of like it was deja vu, they even got all the sounds of the ship right, from that constant engine whine noise to the slough of the waves. 10 years I think and graphics will be photographic quality. They aren’t far off it now.

My teenager recently taught me Lost Planet 2. He has lots of games like that. Video games are much more involved than the Super Nintendo I was happy with until it bit the dust this year. So I can’t play Sim City on it anymore :frowning:

Fortunately there’s a very similar version of it for iPhone and iPad, so I do that now and then.

Other than that I play chess via apps (and now via ILP) and Words with Friends w my ex-coworker Diana. And lots of solo Tetris.

Occasionally we have a poker night. I like that and Spades.

My youngest likes Minecraft and Scribblenauts. Wish we could get the Lost island map they have for Minecraft but we have a Mac.

Try Sims 1/2/3, if you like Sim City this is that but on a personal level, you make a persons life, it’s you or someone you might want to be but potentially more successful, chose the traits you have and personalise yourself, get married, build your house and career and social group, get into hobbies, and live a persons life: have kids, or don’t: my current Sim is in a menage a trois with a woman whom I destroyed the marriage of, had a kid with and then shacked up with, and another Mistress who I have interested on the side. And the crazy thing is I am President of the country (top of the political career path scale), and living the dream, or at least the “French Prime Ministers” dream: the crazy thing is it was all a massive accident. It’s a matter of degree and focusing in, Earth, City, Sim people, if you like that genre likelihood is you will like Sim people. Mind you difficulty level 3, kinda normally hard, just bought it so… :slight_smile:

I have a friend who plays poker for a living, and he’s good and he makes a living at it. Me I just don’t think I could dedicate the time to be professional, or have the resources to hand to do so while I am learning. But playing for fun is more my thing anyway. Probably one of the few card games you can make a living out of consistently if you are good as it’s 50/50 luck/skill on Texas hold 'em.

I’m still playing Mario Kart Wii, but I’ve also started playing Jam City Rollergirls for the Wii. My son got me started on the latter. Roller Derby kicks ass, I must admit.

I only like the old Sim City. I like the organization on the map, et cetera. And I hope ur vife finds out about ur mistress and outs u to the paparazi (sp)? lol

I’m no good at poker but I still love it.

Yeah roller derby looks fun irl. Too bad it wasn’t popular when I was younger and more sociable.

Either I stumbled onto a forum where no one plays games, or there is a thread that already exists where people talk about them. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but this is new to me. Wherever you go on the net there are massive game fans, it seems this is the only place that no one plays anything, except the same games they were playing 5 years ago. Strange new world. :slight_smile:

Weird. well it’s either that or no one cares about games any more on this forum which is fine, but even more weird than people just playing the same games always. You people are strange. :stuck_out_tongue:

This thread reads like I claimed Hitler was really a nice guy. I am kinda in the wrong world here. Really no one cares at all about gaming? I have been gone a long time.

OK in the interest of sparking well some people to take an interest in what is obviously of no interest to this forum:

Who is looking forward to what new release, and if you say the patch to a game I played 5 years ago, I am going to cry.

Good god why? Why not play the later versions, even if it is to say why they suck. What sort of backward Ahmish gaming community have I stumbled into? Manic Miner was popular when I was young, I wouldn’t want to play it now, well maybe just to do Uegene’s toilet again, that guy needed to be flushed. :slight_smile:

[You enter a clearing some trolls are deciding who they are going to cook first, Gandalf says we should be careful] concise version.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, day dawns and the trolls are turned to stone. Go north, enter cave [The cave is full of the trolls belongings, two daggers and some treasure etc], it goes on: pick up everything, go South.

Interesting. :slight_smile:

At least you play poker. There’s some hope for you. :wink:

Gandalf was in Manic Miner (never heard of it)? I used to play Legend of Zelda–good stuff. And Secret of Manna, but I never got into it.

Sigh* never mind. :unamused:

I bought Mass Effect 3 recently. It’s ok so far. I’m pretty sure no one cares, but that’s ok. :slight_smile:

Helandhighwater,

Jam City Roller Girls is a new game to me! In fact, I’ve just been playing the demo version. I’m pretty cheap when it comes to games, so I haven’t even decided whether or not I want to purchase the full download.

I have been playing Mario Kart Wii for sometime, I suppose.

It’s not enough really. Just have to get used to the fact that philosophers don’t play many games, or at least have no interest in discussing it. Which is fine, each to their own. :slight_smile:

This is right up your alley: elance.com/j/guide-writers- … /31199596/

It would be if I played guild wars. :slight_smile:

Does it suck or something?

No anything but, I just already subscribe to other MMORPGs. Guild wars is a free to play gem, an always f2p class act, because it does what it does and has lasted as long as it does through people really loving gaming, and the developers not being overly worried about money. Although obviously people donate to the game, and also you have to pay for certain expansions and parts of the game. I should of explained more clearly I suppose, but I tend to focus on games I am already playing; I think given the longevity of Guild Wars it can look after itself. :slight_smile:

I gave a lengthly review of MKWii:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=178023&p=2293534&hilit=mario+kart+wii#p2293534

Oh, looks like you saw it already.

I didn’t but thanks.

Ok I’ll put some new blood into this conversation then, though sense i’m broke I havent been buying many newer games.

Max Payne 3 looks pretty Awesome though i haven’t had the chance to play it.

Mass effect 3,I’ve been an avid Fan sense the original released in 2008, I still haven’t played the third one, reason is that I heard and then saw how lame the ending was. Probably will play it eventually.

I’ve Been playing Shogun 2 Total wars expansion Fall of the Samurai recently I like it, I’m guessing they went with this more industrial era because they wanted to test the waters, and their most likely going to make Rome 2 Total War next.

I played Battlefield 3 a while ago, I liked it as well but prefer Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ase well as it’s Vietnam Expansion.

Before my fourth XBOX Broke on me I was playing a lot of Gears of War 3 as most of my friends on Xbox I met playing Gears of War 2. Definately one of my favoite action multiplayer games… Just hate that fuckin sawed off shotgun!

Looking Foreword to Assassins Creed 3 as well.

Max Payne is still not out on PC, or if it is I have not got it in the mail yet. Looking forward to it though, the reviews are unanimously positive.

I just got Mass Effect 1 & 2 as well, spent a long time out of the loop, hence why I am running through the Assassins Creed series.

5 games: Assassins Creed 1, 2, 2: Brotherhood, Mass Effect 1 & 2 all for £25 or $38.87 Not bad. :slight_smile:

I should of finished AC 2: Revelations just before AC3 comes out at this rate. :slight_smile:

Oh and up until recently I was playing Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, which is probably the best single player RPG out there, a real bench mark game, every area from gameplay to sound was perfect and it was a huge map too with hundreds of side quests. Only gripe for me was the main quest was too easy even on the hardest level and way too short. But meh Elder scrolls has always been about open game play and the side quests so not a major issue.

How about this one: guru.com/pro/ProjectDetail.a … tID=842230

Well you can only commit to one MMORPG at once so I can’t. But thanks for the link. I am busy moaning my way to making one MMORPG better, I Can’t spare the time for two. :slight_smile: