Lockout ~ Spoliers ~

I didn’t know anything about this film other than it was Hollywood, science-fiction/action, and there’s a man holding a gun on the poster. Needless to say, I didn’t have high expectations. Thus, I wasn’t disappointed. In fact, I rather enjoyed it. I liked the protagonist, he had some humour. I liked the setting and the presentation of said setting. I liked the fact that it featured an actor from a TV series I like in a prominent role, in which he was excellent. All-in-all I was glad for watching it. But then I thought about the structure of the plot. If anything it’s broken.

The film starts with an interrogation scene hinting towards some kind of conspiracy and set-up of our main man, Special Agent, Guy Pearce. This is promising. Given the futuristic set up of the film this could be quite a good watch à la Minority Report. So, anyway, our man is wrongly convinced and sent to an orbitting prison station where he’ll spend 30 years in stasis! Dum dum dummm!!

And this is where that promising espionage thriller ends. And the other movie begins. The action-part. Only action. Said prison has some kinda revolt. Prisoners break free of their stasis incredibly easily. President’s daughter. Guy Pearce goes to rescue her. Because there’s no one else besides the man you’ve just sentenced to 30 years? Err…shooting. Shooting. And some more shooting I guess. La de da. Fast forward. And then president’s daughter solves the riddle finds the case and Guy Pearce is a free man. Zippity Zip. The end.

All in all. It’s an action film that could’ve been sooo much more.

6.5/10

Man…it was pretty bad. The editing was so damn choppy.

I love how they fell to earth in like 20 seconds.

Anyway, a lot of potential but completely wasted.

Guy Pearce looked jacked though. Feeling quite inadequate. Let me hit the gym. :wink: