Was Playing Around with Fonts This Morning...

…and thought maybe I’d give a shot at redesigning the ILP banner at top. I like the thinking man and the leaves, but I don’t like that font at all…

first draft (typeface: bosch):

all-white:

slightly different font - most difference is in the S (typeface: avenir):

(typeface: optima):

(typeface: gotham):

(typeface: giorgio):

(typeface: stag):

(typeface: trajan):

I of course don’t just expect you to take one of my pics and replace the banner. I’m just trying to spark a dialogue. I love the color scheme of the site, and think it’s generally pretty well-designed. I just think the banner at top could do with a font change and perhaps a general redesign. It’s a bit busy, I would say, and the font is quite squished. I’d like help make it better.

I was also thinking, as an idea for a new logo instead of thinking man, that we use something from ‘sacred geometry’ maybe – the flower of life.

Really like the first one. Great job.

Perhaps a bit too playful, but I’ll leave that up to the critics to decide (typeface: stag):

I agree the banner needs a redesign. I quite like the latest one you did there although I think there needs to be some alterations to the proportions of it all.

Not a fan.

I’d actually be happy with the first as it is. No thinking man in the middle. Or a redesigned thinking man.

TheStumps a.k.a. Jayson made the current logo, and I think it’s awesome. But I also think it’s possible to have multiple logos and pick a random one each time (I think). I’d be willing to check, if you want to make something useable. The most important thing would be that it has to be transparent, because the blue box is actually a separate image that the logo floats on top of.

I’ll subscribe this topic and keep an eye on it if you want to post a logo with a transparent background, but I won’t be able to do anything on it until early August after my internship ends.

I like the current banner, though if I’m not mistaken that’s a single (all seeing) eye in the middle. The leaves thus being eyelashes. No? Maybe not…

Sure, I was aware that it was a transparent png. I can do that no problem, I just made them blue jpgs to demo what they would might like as the banner.

But I also don’t want to submit anything prior to having more feedback, tweaking it to as many peoples’ liking as I can. I think something more minimal would do this forum proud. I think it’d be a great idea to have logos that are chosen at random each time a page is loaded.

So, with more specific feedback on my attempts, I can start making an acceptable logo to alternate with the one up, maybe multiple ones.

Just showing what some of the ones I’ve posted might look like if applied as a centered transparent jpg:

I prefer the bottom one in the OP, but like the current banner just as well.