Battlestar Galactica

Mo it isn’t fair for some people to have limos and filets while others eat rice and use roller skates to get to work.

It’s not?

Nope. I mean, if anything, bankers should be the ones eating rice and people who have to move heavy shit around on the job should get the steaks. They need the protein more. Plus they work harder so they should earn it right?

I mean…a lot of people want you to think that the best way to live is to work hard and earn all the things you want and need. But it totally doesn’t work that way. The hardest working people are usually the poorest, except a handful of union members who represent some small percentage of actual working people. And even then, only the full time guys who’ve been there for a while or who are getting assigned the good jobs via the buddy system are actually able to buy a nice house 2 cars and a clean skinny wife. The asshole who’s name is printed on the checks, probably played golf 3 times this week and collects 10x as much as the guys in the factory actually moving the steel.

Maybe if we starve the rich, we can teach them to empathize and stop seeing their fellow man as a means for profit and exploitation. I doubt it’ll happen, which is why I just don’t play the game.

Yea Smears that’s all fucking fine and nice. But you just finished saying that it wasn’t fair for some people to have limos and filets while others eat rice and shit. Now you’re just saying that it’s all fair, and that white collar rich guys should eat rice and shit. You take vacations—why? That’s not fair. Trust me, you play the game—as much as the rich fuckers.

Neither do I play the game but they seem to win whether I do or not. It’s annoying really. I do think though that if you learn much, work hard and sacrifice your soul you will succeed, the only problem is those who succeed seem to have far more breaks, more often than those who don’t to begin with, so the playing field is seldom level; then of course they claim that if only they worked harder you would, when the social mobility they have to actually succeed is almost non existent. IF you are going to succeed from nothing you need more than wishful thinking and a promise that trying harder on a playing field that is uneven will lead to success. There are just as many lazy people who started with everything as there are as those who started with nothing, I think the only thing that should determine success is effort, I dream of that day, I doubt it will come.

Tralix based on the 3 red sentence of your post I estimate you’re between the ages of 18-24. Trying hard doesn’t mean shit. They want you to think that so you’ll try hard and earn them a profit. Good luck with that.

Mo, I am an American. It should be perfectly acceptable that my actions and words don’t match. And come on. You’re really going to call me out for being a blatant hypocrit? That’s weak man you could apply that to anyone. Totally meaningless,

So much for Battlestar.

Smartest show on TV—possibly ever.

Trailer Park Boys is the smartest show ever.

Make a new thread about it and go fuck yourself.

Seriously Mo? seriously…?

Dead serious about Battlestar. You disagree? You see nothing thought provoking and rare for TV? I’ll list 20 topics in the show directly related to the state of the art in philosophy.

Or are you talking about Smears… guy is derailing thread and should go… just my opinion…

The latter Mo, the latter.

Mo and I are best friends now.

The Magic Roundabout is the smartest show ever.

That’s interesting I am 18-24. But then my last post was awful and might denote I was old but senile, so nicely done. :slight_smile:

Okay, this has convinced me to give it a shot:

youtube.com/watch?v=9xw72OhqZ_A

Judging by your alacrity to judge someone based on a few posts, I now have revised your age to under 12. Anyone can play the lets insult someone based on their prose game.

I could and I do, just as many rich people are lazy as poor, but just as many rich people get nothing but breaks from the get go. Whilst I don’t think this is a bad thing, it often teaches rich people either to be conservative with their wealth, or to think that somehow they are entitled to it through doing nothing more than being born, dying as they must, and heaven forbid paying taxes.

Smears isn’t going to be that into Sci-Fi, he’s left brained dominate, and Sci-Fi is strongly right. You can see this play out in Battlestar Galactica, and especially the three Stargate series- they jump between the posterior and frontal lobes of the right hemisphere, and the range of arguments hit every aspect on debate in modern philosophy involving theism-atheism- the factions themselves can oftentimes be given to a specific form of logic in debates.

I wasn’t too warm to Battle Star Galactica when it first came out- didn’t get into scifi much beyond Stargate SG1 and Dune prior to joining the military, amd started watching the TV show Andromeda- which is a heavy critic of Nietzsche, after I got back from Iraq sitting my ass in the barracks counting out the days until I got out of the military.

Since then, I’ve systemmatically watched about as much as I could of anything- even scanning classic Sci-Fi lists for really old stuff. It helps out alot, as the writers were usually motivated by problems inherent in philosophy of their era- bad graphics aside.

You missed the two battlestar movies: ‘Razor’ and ‘The Plan’. The Plan takes place after everything else, Razor I think is between season 3-4 or 4-4.5

The reason why some sci-fi is labed as 1.0 or 1.5 is because of how the seasons are played- a few in the fall- then a few month break, then a few in the spring… and by then, the fall episodes are on sale.

Firefly, Lexx, Stargate Universe, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate SG1, Andromeda, Startrek Voyager, Startrek Deepspace 9, Startrek: The Next Generation, Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, The Sarah Conner Chronicals, Jericho (modern day, pretty bad assed)- these don’t qualify as ‘Fantasy’ as they are under constraints of a scientific outlook- the characters are expected to reason and live and die in a universe like our own, but set in another time or with a different understanding of physics. Superman is where is starts turning into fantasy- it’s barely science oriented in saying he gets his powers from the sun… and everything else is fantasy.

Many of these were filmed in Vancouver, because at the time Canada wanted it’s version of Hollywood, and put it’s acting schools at places like McGill on steroids, and allowed the studios to operate basically without taxation, so it became for a short while quite profitable. However, the recession and illegal downloads pretty much killed the industry. It’s bound to make a comeback, but other states in the US has picked up on this, here in West Virginia we’ve eliminated all taxation for movies since Super 8 came out, filmed in my home town, and now movies are being filmed left and right, as we’re able to look like the midwest, northeast, and south culturally depending on where your filming. My town alone borders three states (only one in the US) and my town is split between two counties, but is a magnet for small film producers despite the jurisdictional hurdles simply because it’s so damn cheap to do so. It’s what put Vancouver on the map, and other places are doing it too.

Lexx and Battlestar Galactica hit eternal return the hardest of the series. I cried at the end of Battlestar Galactica.

I’ve carried my godmother through 10 seasons of SG1, were in the third of Stargate Atlantis, seen Firefly (she was hostile to Sci Fi back then) and saw Stargate Universe up to the first 7 episodes with her- she’s strongly theistic, and was opposed to the belittlement of religion in it, and had to tell her repeatedly ‘just wait and watch’, and she saw it was hitting all aspects of the debate- she’s fascinated with Stargate Universe’s dark aurora (a significant build on battlestar galactica) for the search for God in the background signals on the opposite end of the universe, seeing the soldier hallucinate in the desert talking to a Catholic Priest. Took me forever to get her this into it- but it’s not too dissimilar to thw writtings of the saints in many cases- same topics, same trying situations where men are tested, society thrown upside down, and you have to make a stand.

There are lots of other programs as well, my list isn’t a full one by any means- Earth Final Conflict pops into mind, the Soviet ‘Kin Dza Dza’- alot.

Just not something I bother with on a site like this.

Check out the Sci-fi miniseries for ‘Dune’ and ‘Children of Dune’- it’s my favorite. There is also a older David Lynch version.

youtube.com/watch?v=EDdA5eBsfbs
youtube.com/watch?v=5EnBsfKQM34
youtube.com/watch?v=ueYYVRTWmjY

The spectrum is massive

I don’t think people are aware of just how much I’ve read, seen, and sought out. TV is simple, as you can drool on yourself as it rolls on infront of you, if you got any kind of quote ‘I will read or learn this much at the very least’ it makes it easy to knock off a few checkmarks.

Just found out they made a new battlestar galactica movie this year, it’s based on the young adama. I hope it’s none of the gay Caprica shit (Caprica was a spinoff of Battlestar Galactica, a prequel, that explored the series secret homosexual impulses more openly, brokeback mountain style, no one watched it because people don’t like turning on TV and seeing two cowboys go down and blow one another without bothering to stop to breath on prime time TV. They black out at the end of each episode from a lack of air).

You should also know there is a older Battlestar Galactica series, it’s graphics suck. It’s not gay cowboy sucking, just normal sucking when compared to modern TV shows, it’s didn’t age gracefully.