Battlestar Galactica

Battlestar Galactica. What gives…?

You know when you hear someone recommend a book, and you don’t much care. And then a year later someone recommends the same book. And you don’t much care. And then you hear someone talk about it, and you don’t much care. And then you see it on a used DVD bookshelf and you buy the full first season for 14.95?

I watched the first 3 hour segment. It took awhile. It was OK. I assume I’ll put in the second disk at some point. Not sure what people see in it…

Why buy something you don’t care about?

Oh, right, because you’re American. Fruitless, meaningless consumption is your substitute for culture.

Hi Troll,

1. I bought it because it was in the back of my mind that a few friends had recommended it, and I needed something new to watch.
  2. I’m not American.
  3. You are a troll.

When it was initially on, i had a friend highly recommend it
I watch the first couple of episodes and wasn’t impressed.
I came back to it later and realised it was one of the best
shows ever put on TV. You just have to hang with it and suddenly
you realise its greateness. Just watch it.

Kropotkin

As space opera’s go, it’s mediocre. I think Isaac Asimov said it best when he re-named it as “Battle Star Galaxative”. :laughing:

It’s a horrible show. I have a friend who is notorious for watching bad tv, and it’s his favorite show.

Also…they have a woman president. How laughable. No one would have a woman president in space. I can get past all the laser beams and aliens and shit…I mean…it’s fiction…but a woman president? No way man.

SIATD I like to consume meaninglessly. But I also like to talk to strangers from different places. I guess as an American…the only way for me to display culture is to be a presumptuous, wasteful, self centered asshole with no knowledge of geography. I’m working on forgetting where a lot of places are…but it’s hard because I had to go so many places to spread my culture and values. It’s hard pissing on streets and breaking local laws in so many places, but I do it so that America doesn’t end up isolated from the rest of the world. People may not like us now…but imagine how much worse it would be if they didn’t understand us either.

:laughing: ‘Entertain me! Entertain me!’

Are you or are you not from the continent known as North America?

You are an American.

You were born outside of North America, no?

Your other option for displaying American culture would be to kill some brown skinned people via the massive over-expenditure of force relative to what would have been necessary if you had solely been trying to kill some brown skinned people.

It has episodes of being ok, between episodes of it being bad TV… which is not enough to make it regular viewing… for me anyway.

It must seem like a rather crass approach to the old disgruntled colonialists in Britain. To think anyone ever was critical of them.

For the historical record… it’s Saturday, I marathoned it through 4 episodes tonight. It’s awwwwweeessommme!

Thanks for confirming what I always suspected. :wink:

Oh god I just remembered I once said I was from Guatamala and forgot to come back and say I was kidding. No lie. I’m totally American. I like the second option. I think every war should be fought in 1 day, with nuclear bombs. It’s the only thing that can save us from all the barbarities of the outside world.

One nuke would be not enough. And besides it’s a bore it’s been done. But one thing about america though. Its the land of freedom. You’re free at the least to step out and do you’r thing, and involve yourself in almost any scene you can without any hindrance or even maybe self constraint. Plus you may even pretend not to see familiarity, and stay a while, and appraise the situation…

According to SIATD, even if you’re from Guatemala, you’re an American, and thus are at war with brown skinned people, have fruitless and materialistic culture, are the only people who care about baseball, thus are closeted homosexuals, and Obama was chosen as your president pre-actual-election by the masters of the Globe. He’s not very careful with his language use. It reminds me of when Sarah Palin thought Africa was a country.

Well…you gotta be at war with someone. On the playground, they day you stop being king of the hill is the day you start having to deal with some king.

:laughing:

I was in both South, and Central America last week.

Don’t anybody care where you are from or even who or what you are----that’s the name of the game of this cruel heartlessly brave, new world and so what’s wrong of a female gallactica pres? It’s gotta be somebody’s baby, like palin