Shadowrun Returns...It's out!

I’m about this excited right now:

Shadowrun Returns has been released!
(if you don’t know what SR is, now is a fantastic time to be introduced!)

And MAN, this game looks so beautiful! (this link is of screenshots)
shadowrun.com/shadowrun-returns/media/

By comparison, the original Sega version (which this one is a “return” of) looked like this:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … meplay.png

What I’m even more excited about is that it’s on PC, MAC!!!, and Tablets (android and ipad), comes with a full campaign editor (and campaigns can be shared among players, cross-platform!)…for $20!?? :astonished:

Man…I have not been excited over a game like this since…wait…no, I’ve just never been this excited over a game period!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

Do you think I should get this game too?
How does it compare to facebook’s gunshine?

I really liked the Snes version. Couldn’t get into the MD version when I tried it a few years ago.

I don’t know what gunshine is like; I haven’t played that.
All I can say about shadowrun is that it’s like this:
Take the world of Bladerunner, add the races from Lord of the Rings, The Matrix “Whoa! I know Kung Fu” moment, a dash of the movie Hackers, top it off with magic that is like what you see in The Sorcerer’s Apprentice on steroids, and toss in some Native-American flare mixed with Punk-anarchist styling, and you get Shadowrun.

The SNES version was very different from the Sega version.
The Sega version was incredibly close to the pen-n-paper original, while the SNES version heavily deviated from that and went for its own ideas and interpretations and then just kind of leaned on the Corporation tangent as the tie-in for Shadowrun (I don’t mean that it wasn’t fun or anything; just very different from SR pnp).

The Microsoft version was a joke that’s not really worth mentioning.

This one is basically a reboot of the Sega version.

Never heard of it before. I’ll just play my Civilization V. :smiley:

World domination!

I wouldn’t say that I could compare the two games against each other.
Shadowrun returns is more comparable to saying “CyberPunk Elder Scrolls”, than saying, “CyberPunk Risk” (though that would be a rather interesting concept in itself).

Sounds cool. I’ll have to check that game out.

I downloaded this last night, created a character and played a bit; I am extremely pleased!
Character creation was almost exactly as it was in the pnp (and Sega) version of this game; I’m really pleased to see that they stuck to the same spending ratio and stuck with the famous/infamous (depending how some feel about it) Karma point system!

=D>