Post your favorite pieces of art here.

Night Breach.jpg

Amazing - are we really more special or more than they are?

I just realized something… this picture I drew is the first in the whole series to represent what the series itself represents… woaw.

It’s the first drawing I made in 4 years. I took the time out to draw it explicitly to replace my previous avatar, the “Most Interesting Man in the World”. ← So it represents myself, I guess.

A girl with a mirror, Titian 1515.

Lot fleeing Sodom, Benjamin West, 1810.

Is that Titian in the background holding the chocolate bar? What is that he is actually holding anyway?
And why is the painting called “A girl with a mirror” since clearly, it is the guy holding the mirror. And why is he left out of the title? Is that Titian?

I wonder if Lot’s wife ever regretted looking back? Sometimes it’s a good thing to know where we’ve come from - unless it’s going to turn us into a lump of stone.

Arc, I think you may be reading a little too much into it. :laughing: But art allows you to do that, to read your own meaning into it.

I think Arc’s hungry.

chocolate bar.jpg

Yes, art does do that ~ and isn’t it interesting that we can do that? One can also say that of bible text, can’t one?
This has nothing to do with anything but perhaps in a way it does - the way in which we view ~~ personally view something. I had this new faucet put on my kitchen sink and yesterday while sitting at the table, I just happened to look at the sink straight on and noticed that the faucet reminded me of a horse. Really, it could be a sculpture of a horse with full body standing with all four legs and the tail held high. I looked at it again and noticed the same thing. I thought it was funny and laughed. My question, what I was wondering about - is it just me and others of course or would most be able to see that horse :laughing: within the faucet?

gib, do you want the person to crawl into the mirror and watch as they eat the chocolate bar or do you want them to look into the mirror and watch as they eat the chocolate bar?

What’s the most important thing about that image?

This woman looks distracted and is not looking at herself in the mirror, but distracted by what?

Could it be…another mirror?! :laughing:

No, Pandora, it has absolutely nothing to do with neither mirror.
She’s growing impatient with the guy. Look at her eyes. They’re saying: “Give me a break already!!” Let’s get this finished with so that we can get to the stuff that life is really made of. She’s no virgin but she doesn’t realize that to him it’s the foreplay before the foreplay.

No, a bigger chocolate bar.

the discovery of honey piero di cosimo

Bigger here:
i.imgur.com/qKeeeUF.jpg

This is only about your avatar. I often wondered how worms do it and now I know. There is something really poetic about how they mate - almost like it is choreographed. Like nature in perfect harmony, in synch…

:mrgreen:

There’s a whole lot of living going on there. Good for them. The honey will make it even better for them. Don’t you almost wish you were there?
Will you please stop aging, xcz, and come back to this beautiful pale dot.

Which side…? The party’s on the right.
[tab]

Still here. :neutral_face:[/tab]

How have you determined that the party’s on the right?
Who’s the gentleman in your avatar?

Because Bacchus is to the right. The gentleman in my avatar is Hemingway.

“Geben Sie Gedankenfreiheit!” - Friedrich Schiller, “Don Karlos”, 1787.
Translation:
“Give freedom of thought!” - Friedrich Schiller, “Don Carlos”, 1787.

_____ Don Carlos (1545-1568), ______ King Philipp II of Spain (1527-1598), Friedrich Schiller (1759-1805), 1st print of Schiller’s “Don Karlos” (1787)

„Ich bin ein Teil von jener Kraft, // Die stets das Böse will und stets das Gute schafft. // … Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint! // Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht, // ist wert, daß es zugrunde geht; // Drum besser wärs, daß nichts entstünde. // So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde, // Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt, // Mein eigentliches Element.“ - Johann Wolfgang (von) Goethe, Faust (I), 1790 / 1808, S. 64-67. **
Translation:
„I am Part of that Power which would // The Evil ever do, and ever does the Good. // … I am the Spirit that denies! // And rightly too; for all that doth begin // Should rightly to destruction run; // 'Twere better then that nothing were begun. // Thus everything that you call Sin, // Destruction - in a word, as Evil represent- // That is my own, real element. “ - Johann Wolfgang (von) Goethe, Faust (I), 1790 / 1808, p. 64-67.

Visit the Faust museum:

Faust Museum in Knittlingen (Germany).

Knittlingen is also the place of birth of Johann Georg Faust (c. 1480 – c. 1541).