Post your favorite pieces of art here.

I have this painting remake in my bedroom. It’s by Van Gogh who is one of my favorite painters of all time.

I believe this piece is entitled, “Café Terrace on the Place du Forum”

This piece entitled, “Starry Night” by Van Gogh is the next piece I want to add in my personal collection of art remakes. :smiley:

As far as paintings go:

(hyper-realistic painting.)

And anything by Nicolas Samori:

Volchok, we can finally agree on something, your taste in art. Very nice. Keep posting more examples in the future. :smiley:

Volchok, I’ve got to say, some of those images are the ugliest pieces of art I’ve ever seen.

It’s a good thing that I don’t have to share your taste then.

[Laughs]

Ty, I have the same picture - Cafe Terrace…- on my living room wall.
This is one of my favorites -“The Kiss” by Gustav Klimt

No it’s not. You should share my taste. Everyone should. Because I am right. Forever and always. I am right.

I’m glad you realized the absurdity of your previous statement. :wink:

On my wall (Dali):

My dream cottage (Kinkade): :smiley:

No, no. I definitely stand by my original statement. No absurdity whatsoever. But that might be because I’m a fascist at heart…at least when it concerns art. The images you posted would be burned under my regime. Van Gogh would survive, and sorry Pandora, but I’d probably burn Dali. I’d keep the cottage though…but only on sentimental grounds.

What’s wrong with Dali? What’s wrong with trying to draw out/integrate the irrational?

Of the images Volchok posted, some were uninteresting at worst. You’d seriously call it ‘the ugliest pieces of art I’ve ever seen’? Really? What paintings are that bad, that Volchok posted?

Imo, volchok, the last three paintings you put up are absolutely gorgeous! The other ones are forgettable. Nicolas Samori has a cool style, thanks for showing those and introducing me to him. There are a few painters, I think, who play with similar styles - a base of realism, mixed with a sort of smudginess (usually incorporated in the faces). It’s a really powerful effect. I remember the first time I ever saw a painting with a similar style, I loved it immediately. I don’t know what it is about it - possibly something to do with a loss of identity in the character in the painting. Just a shot in the dark…

It’s not the irrationalism, it’s the surreralism. It’s just gibberish. Plus, I don’t particularly like to have artists revered when it’s been left up to me to figue out the meaning of a painting.

There are 3 in particular. The first 2 and the one with the lip piercing. And then the emphasis on the decapitated head. “Eww…kewl…looka dat, man, he’s choped 'is 'ead off!” Hyper-realism is just “meh”. Magritte is a graphic artist, good illustrators are pretty much doing what he’s done on a daily basis. And the Samori stuff, although technically superior to the others, I just see a kind of weepy nihilist with a paint brush.

At present, I’m unsure of art. I desire something that is both technically great and has substance, which is why I haven’t posted anything. I haven’t found anything.

I think the disfiguration of the faces produces a sense of mystery. That’s the best I can come up with. More of that:

(kwangho shin)

(heitor magno)

I love that second painting. It’s just so visceral.

And the first painting is awesome too. It shows the ugliness inside our bodies. There’s something very real about that painting.

Yeh, they’re visceral…but beyond that?

And regarding the “ugliness” inside our bodies. I can look at a medical book to see tissue, tendon, and sinew. :wink:

There needn’t be something behind, all the time.
Sometimes, that visceral reaction is enough.

There’s a painting (or is an art installation?) which I can’t find the image right now which is basically a blank canvas and then the artist spray painted the sentence “make me feel” several times all over the canvas and even on the wall. The message coudn’t be more on the nose and yet, it works. So, a really deep meaning is not always necessary, not for me anyway.

Also, your comment reminded me of this:

True, but the painting shows someone who’s alive showing a part of his body that is usually associated with death.
For me there’s something real and provocative about that painting which is not the same feeling you get from medical books.