Philosophy Movie Swap

One of my favourite past times has to be sitting and enjoying an exceptional movie that makes me think for days with no end. I love, as most thinkers would agree, learning new things to expand my own ideas or even use them in discussion with other thinkers. (I wouldn’t consider myself a philosopher so I call myself a thinker.) Anyway I would like to trade some movies that I have recently seen that have philosophical themes!
I already have some in mind that I think many of you would enjoy!

1. Being In The World - If you struggle with Heidegger’s theory of being then this is the movie for you! It’s more of a documentary than a movie, but still very interesting! It clears up his theory to an understandable point and focuses a lot on existentialism and passion. Very enjoyable and I would very much recommend it!
  2. Waking Life - This is a film about a man who is in a constant dream state and is slowly starting to realize it. The big question is, is he dead? or just sleeping? This movie hits on a whole bunch of philosophies because the man talks to many different people one on one. Generally on of my favourite philosophical films and I continue to watch it on a regular basis. (However be warned if you have problems with motion. The animation is quite all over the place and never stops moving for the whole duration of the film. It takes a bit to get use to and you can basically ignore it and just listen to what they are saying.)
  3. Fantastic Mr. Fox - Looking for something to bring you back to your childhood? Well Mr. Fox is the fox for you! Although it is a children’s film and the general storyline isn’t philosophical, you can extract the philosophy from it. The film touches on Existentialism, but mostly focuses on Ethics. The humour is great and it is over all an enjoyable movie with an all-star cast from George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Jason Schwartzman and Bill Murray.
    That’s all for now but I would love to hear your favourite philosophical movies so that I have something to watch on a rainy day! :mrgreen: