Your favorite quotes

[size=150]From the king of quotes himself…[/size]

In lak’ech.

Intellectuals.
be yourself.jpg

“The cycle below is not truly below but only
different in space and in time.
The consciousness there is working and
testing lesser things than those ye are.
And know, just as ye are working on greater,
so above ye are those who are also working
as ye are on yet other laws.
The difference that exists between the cycles
is only in ability to work with the Law.
We, who have being in cycles beyond thee,
are those who first came forth from the
Source and have in the passage through
time-space gained ability to use
Laws of the Greater that are far beyond
the conception of man.
Nothing there is that is really below thee
but only a different operation of Law.”

oooooooooooooooooooooo that’s so precious. I love wolves.

And those Mayan words are oh so true.

When you put your hand in a flowing stream, you touch the last that has gone before and the first of what is still to come."

• Leonardo da Vinci

Never fought harder than this, I built my temple on this
Pushing, fighting, bleeding, taking, giving
Every second closer to the ceiling
I will assemble all this, down to the last broken piece
Tension in the atmosphere is lower, gravity is slowly taking over. - Soen

‘What’s the difference between me and a madman?
That i am not mad’

Salvador Dali

“An inveterate obfuscation of a rudimentary conceptual awareness, opaque to most; but transparent to the trenchant intuition. A subterranean trembling dissimulating itself under the mellifluous. Even the slightest peak will ossify its intellectual turpitude. The sedulous tends to make it irate and keenly aware of its inherent ineptitude. It will continue to cavil and regurgitate its casuistry, contrary to the largess bestowed on it.”- Erik Redbrows, 2015, On The Use Of The Thesaurus.

I’ll betcha 10 bucks he is running his text through a synonym generator.

imagesCAPZWH18.jpg

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
[list]~Oscar Wilde[/list:u]

I would like more people to embrace their religion; not the religion they belong to. The religion of life, instead, that comes from being them.
[list]~Jayson[/list:u]

I respect deities. I do not rely on them.
[list]~Musashi Miyamoto[/list:u]

=>#

=>#

=>#

=>#

[tab]

Translation: Scene in Auerbach’s cellar. From Goethe’s “Faust”. Mephisto bewitches the students.[/tab]

=>#

The philosopher Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king. Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’

Said [author:Diogenes|3213618, 'Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king".”
― Anthony de Mello

“It is easy for a fortunate person to be humble, the real challenge is when a less fortunate person smiles through a world of darkness” - AEO

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full. And he said, “Is it half full or half empty?” So I drank the water. No more problem.
~Alexander Jodorowsky

[tab]:lol: Rumi might have loved this quote. A little practical wisdom. Short and sweet.[/tab]

Total Recall (2012)
Cohagen: Never underestimate the power of one man.

Scream 2
Mickey: Billy was a sick f*** who tried to get away with it. Mickey is a sick f*** who wants to get caught.

Alien
Ripley: It’s not out of the manual is it?

The Winter Soldier
Steve Rogers: It kind of feels personal.