Pop music is not pop music anymore!

Here’s another song by them that wasn’t released until the net recently because it was too controversial… listen to the choral section they do at the beginning, it sounds like a whole choir…

youtube.com/watch?v=T5Y_5Y3gUlU

The first section of the song is just two brothers… then when three kick in it sounds like a choir, and just for the hell of it they decide to sound like Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young during part of the chorus. Why not? They’re a good harmonizing group too. The end of the song from high to low is not overdubbed either… they actually did that in live recording.

^
Ridiculous statement.

We had Mozart and Beethoven and now we have screeching alarm clock music and Niki Minaj. Art died since 2000.

I actually slept with artists behind songs like “Tub Glitter” and other modern “greats”, so don’t tell me that I don’t know music.

The period from raw percussive instruments to manufactured brass instruments was by comparison a prolonged period of stability and continuity. Stringed and woodwind instruments are in the meanwhile. From the brass instrument to the electric instrument and forward, there is a short, fast leap in the evolution of music. Once these means of making music are available, music is produced at far greater rates, which means any possible kind of music will be developed during this period… eventually you begin hearing repetition at a greater rate than you heard it from the brass age backward; if there are no new scales and no new audible pitch for the human ear, there will be a finite number of options in any given finite period of time, anyway. Eventually there is a period of nothing fundamentally new. We are in that period.

And don’t think mixing country and rap is some new revolution in music, either. It’s garbage combined with more garbage. Tell me you don’t like either, P. Have you heard that crap on the radio yet? These country bands are now rapping in their songs.

But that is all I mean. Punctuated equilibrium as a period of very fast growth of styles of music and a quickened rate of change (i.e., the limitless subdivisions of music genre on the store shelves).

I’m sorry, that irrelevant blather had nothing to do with my post about popular music. Also, there was nothing more “fundamentally new’” in pop music in the last 40 years than there is today. And I’ll just go ahead and logically presume your knowledge of all new music today isn’t sufficient to make such a sweeping condemnation

The fact you see country-rap as the only new music today further confirms you have a lousy level of knowledge of new music. Try not to expound with such flourish about that of which you know little.

As I said above, 1920-2015 Is almost the entire history of modern pop music. It is far too large a period to be referred to as “punctuated equilibrium.” Try to actually use the term correctly.

I do not understand people who fixate on pop music. Bee Geeez? Seriously?

Music is supposed to be a journey composed of variety of emotions. Most pop music is flat. And for a reason.

Listen to ‘Bleed’ by Messugha and try to relate it to Stravinsky’ Rite of Spring. It’s a Fauvinistic linkage.

Most music of all genres is flat and subpar. However, pop music has a great history of artists inspiring numerous emotions. Some are:

The Beatles
Frank Sinatra
The Beach Boys
Bob Dylan
Led Zeppelin
Radiohead
The Allman Brothers
R.E.M.
U2
Guns & Roses
Metallica
Aimee Mann
Mumford and Sons
Lana Del Rey
Arctic Monkeys

and many more.

Umm… you forgot Michael Jackson, who more or less dedicated his Thriller album to the Bee Gees. He said, and I quote, “Your Saturday Night Fever album inspired my Thriller album” During a tribute to the Bee Gees.

Did Ecmandu, the troll obsessed with suicide and The Bee Gees, speak? I have him on ignore and don’t read his posts. If he said anything of value, which I sincerely doubt, please notify me.

This is the kind of stuff that inspired Michael Jackson…

youtube.com/watch?v=sU7Tpu7HlNs

You can almost hear Thilller in this song…

Bread was another very influential band as well… umm… they invented a genre called “soft rock”. The bee gees were the precurser to techno, which is basically all music now…

Here’s an under-rated Bread song…

youtube.com/watch?v=zTobn7uKSPo

These are the guys who INVENTED soft rock…

David Gates is a music God…

someone else you forgot to mention in your list…

David Gates again… who single-handedly invented soft rock… which is the only reason we have “soft rock” stations…

youtube.com/watch?v=liBf5hjTZNs

This guy is about as big a music legend as anyone.

Just a live performance from David Gates… 1975… this was revolutionary in 1975.

youtube.com/watch?v=a6_efthmkAQ

Another David gates classic from 1972… this song was really hard for him to write lyrically, because he wanted it to have a double meaning… he wanted it to sound like a love song to the general public, when it was actually a tribute to his deceased father…

youtube.com/watch?v=a4dXrV4FtjE

The Bee Gees consider their greatest song to be “How Deep is Your Love”, but I think the song that had the most impact on music history that they wrote was this one…

It had funkadelic, and a bit of that techno that was the precurser to our modern music… this song inspired Micael Jackson’s “Thriller” album…

youtube.com/watch?v=sU7Tpu7HlNs

I already posted it, but i wanted to emphasize it’s impact on music history. It had a droning rap beat… it has an operatic section, that was the precurser to people like meatloaf and queen.

All in all, this one song had more impact on modern music than any other song… even prog rock elements… it still has a poppiness to it in spite of all the innovations.

The song speaks for itself in terms of music innovation… for those who have a decent ear and some kind of knowledge of music history.

Another quality that the premier musicians have is that they sing far from the microphone… which the Bee Gees do habitually… look at Celine Dion practically kissing it and barry with the strongest voice in the harmony standing back about 2 feet.

youtube.com/watch?v=bZolfKgW5Is

Here’s a song barry wrote that all 4 Bee Gees sang in, before Andy died of drugs… Andy has the lead in this song, and in parts he sounds a lot like Barry…

youtube.com/watch?v=NhJn_fMCL7M

Anyways, the Bee Gees were more than the precurser to techno, as this video clearly shows, however, they could be said to be the most responsible for the current sound than any other band, the current sound being hip-hop and techno. I think pop music has to transcend a genre to be pop music.

Mind reading software? Who and what are they thinking?

Yeah besides solving ethics and animal game theory… I have this little side project. No implants either. The variables are very complex. You’d be able to search their memories as well, and read thoughts in clusters as they form. You can read intent as well. I want it to be an app on cell phones.