Series and Shows

VIC!!!

VIIIIIIIICCCCCCC

I never have been turned off by women as much as by those in HBO’s hypevehicle Euphoria, especially the ones who are “like, really hot”. Disgusting soulless sex puppets masquerading as humans by defiling what it means to be human. Disgusting show. Fuck you Drake. Filthy pimp slicking limp dicking rim licking clickbaiting shitdripping nitwit.

Yugioh Season 1 - the malevolent Maximillion Pegasus has all of the strings tied on fates and soul. Yugi must demonstrate the spirit of bravery and courage, finding the heart to pull out of any situation alive and well. He keeps the tides of darkness at bay, and even defies the will of the all seeing Millennium eye!

Pokemon Johto Journeys - a new shine and glitter on the rarity and biodiversity of Pokemon travels to the widest corners of a far reaching world, pushing the champion’s level through the apex of mastery and skill.

Currently on my viewing radar:

Weekday year round airing
Hollyoaks - I’ll have to catch up on this weeks last 2/3 episodes over this weekend, as I missed them due to a waning interest in TV… due to mind being occupied with thought.
Ancient Aliens - a thought-provoking series, offering alternative insights to our worshipping of Gods and to the development of all things human.

Seasonal airing
Celebrities Go Dating - reality TV at its funniest… but not muggiest, like Geordie Shore… otherwise I wouldn’t be watching it. lol

Just finished watching this excellent masterpiece… missed the first 20 minutes, but made no difference to my viewing pleasure… the strap line of the series is: We are good people, we just do bad things.

Now watching… so current it hurts, as always.

A 3-part mini-series, which started yesterday, and ends tomorrow… very gory, but also very riveting viewing.

IMDB: Dracula

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9TjMNqPEo[/youtube]

A docu-drama, on The Barbarians V Rome… very gruesome, but things were back then, but compelling to watch none-the-less. Great camera work too.

IMDB: Barbarians Rising

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQu3sVwIggw[/youtube]

I might try that. It doesn’t look as good as either Vikings or Rome though.
I was about to post this scene from the latter. This show is created by John Milius, writer of Apocalypse Now.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx4RUU-m3_I[/youtube]

The best show ever made on television is:

Golden Girls

As a heterosexual man, I’m not embarrassed to say that.

I caught both those series, but I don’t remember watching them to the end… and they’re probably not the only shows that suffered that fate, in my house.

Killing Eve… she’s quite something… you gotta watch it, to believe it.

IMDB: Killing Eve… After a series of events, the lives of a security operative and an assassin become inextricably linked.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0PyD-XNZA[/youtube]

Killing Eve official trailer: series 2

Killing Eve official trailer: series 3

one positive thing can be said about game of thrones
it had a proper “powerful female” role
cersei lannister portrayed brilliantly by lena headley

historically powerful women (without getting into the merit of amazons and some viking ladies) exercised their power by means of strategy
they plotted their way to the top and then executed their merciless plans from a comfortable sitting position upon a tower
nowadays every show that has a woman they have to be fucking martial arts experts or be brandishing swords around
roll my eyes at that shit
it’s like when companies release “for women” products by turning them pink

Haha, yes.
GOT has a lot going for it but I veered off when they just dropped an entire plot line like it never happened at the end of season 2 or 3.
Like, the previous episode ended with a cliffhanger, and the final episode just completely ignored it. Bullcrap.

Im thinking about other female heroes that make sense in shows. Not a whole lot.
Vikings has Lagertha who becomes a hero because of her sword-fighting, whereas early on in the show she is just the perfect honourable wife, a phase to which the show keeps flash backing because that first season of that show is as magical as storytelling gets.

The role of Ragnar Lothbrok is the bests role Ive seen anywhere ever, beating even Tony Soprano. I am that guy, I mean, all his feelings and thoughts and decisions are my own. I don’t know how else to say it. I don’t know how the hell they even made that show.

Still, your issue stands.

The Shield has some very good female parts. Not as pretty or royal as Cersei but given to solid, female plotting. But they’re not the heroes.
In general though Hollywood has always been bad to women.
American women are on the whole, to be fair, a bit confused.

Ironically, Married with Children pops in my mind first, looking for an American production that has good female parts.
I disliked that show a lot. But now I appreciate it.
Another good show, more civilized, was Mad About You, with Helen Hunt. But no plotting involved.

Friends had some great female scenes, though only in season 1 when the the writers were still mean. That first season is gold.

Good standard female fare is Marion Cotillard in Taxi 1 and 2. Back then she was like the ultimate woman. (check the last half second of this) In Hollywood she quickly turned to yet another specimen of what you describe, the sexless “impressive” “untouchable”, forgettable fly on the walls of the Arts. Though her class was not entirely wasted on Batman, I must say. Batman is pretty good. I have no idea which Batman, the one with Bane. There was also an ass-kicking kung fu chick there that wasn’t all bad considering the category - that director is one of the most serious ever to work on movies. Memento is among the most impressive debut films… still. These parts are okay but not memorable.

No trace of memorable female leads yet.
What about this.
youtube.com/watch?v=4LtALpF5mF8
Pezer and I had something good going by the way, a very good, deep plot about a woman who is about to change…
very good.
Too good for the amateurs we were.

That last season fizzled though, damn.
I also thought it was pretty unfortunate to have the first black lead detective turn senile.
I dunno, seemed not great, since it also meant the plot turned out to not be coherent with itself.
Annoying.

Have any seen Justified? Thats more of an honest redneck drama. Very good acting and, come to mention it, a very good couple of female roles, Ava Crowder in particular. She shoots her husband and gets romantically involved with his brother Boyd Crowder as well as the United States Marshall Raylan Givens who is the lead and who is chasing Boyd even though they dug coal together.

I couldn’t really get into Gomorrah(the series)…The movie was great though…

As far as Italian shows go, “Suburra: Blood on Rome” is the best I’ve seen… great soundtrack too:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKHYXng1KqA[/youtube]

Some good shows:

“The Missing” (2014) first season

“Ozark”

“True Detective” first season only (which I think is the finest thing HBO ever put out)…True Detective without Woody Harrelson and Matthew Mcconaughey and the haunted swamps of Louisiana is like The Sopranos without James Gandolfini and the iconic New Jersey Turnpike with its surrounding Industrial sprawl …pointless…It’s beyond me that HBO would deviate from such a perfect template for a show

“The Outsider” Better than season 2 and 3 of True Detective as far as dark crime thrillers go… HBO really has thing for occult child sacrifice/rape/murder but i digress…And so does “Starz” with “The Missing”… The new HBO show “Perry Mason” deals with a child being murdered… Wonder what they are trying to tell us?

“Sleeper Cell” show about Islamic terror cell… surprisingly good soundtrack…

'The Boys"
“Cobra Kai” - some SJW stuff jammed in, but William Zabka puts on a great performance

It’s interesting that the same networks that put out all these finely, well crafted dramas are the same networks that push the most vile and viscous leftist propaganda.

Indeed man. That fact has intrigued me for a long time. And it is not entirely mysterious if we look at what exactly these great shows are pushing, world-view wise.
This is why Vikings is still my number one favourite show actually, because the world view it pushes is actually Pagan. It takes the existence of Gods entirely literally.
I thought it had fizzled after season 3 or 4 but season 6 is powerful, it introduces Rus. Like, Russians. Russians and Vikings. It doesn’t really get much better.
It is highly glamorous and sentimental at points but, we Vikings are suckers for good sentiment and craftsmanship.

Some of these shows you mention Ive watched, Ozark I noticed immediately when it came out and when season 3 came out I first re-watched 1 and 2. Very good. I really enjoy the hillbilly Jacob, too. Season 3 takes a very interesting turn for Darlene.
I think Ill check out some of these others you recommend.

I’ve probably only seen like 3 episodes of GoT… so cannot comment on the little I’ve seen, but the eps I watched had the tomboy in them… and I thought she was cool. I thought Buffy and Xena Warrior Princess worthy to watch… for their esoteric nature as well as their fight scenes, and also the Hercules, Highlander, and Angel series… amongst others.

Have you ever seen a female in head-to-toe pink, including all accessories and makeup? There’s something quite disturbing about it, to me. :neutral_face:

The only things I buy in pink, are female sanitary stuff and makeup, and the very few pink items of clothing I do possess are more beigey pinks than pinky pinks. I was never dressed up all in pink, when a child, though I’ve seen pictures of me in church in frilly things. :neutral_face:

“ZeroZeroZero” - 2019 Just started watching this one, very good… If you liked “Narcos” (especially the first 2 seasons) you’ll like this…

Two good shows shot in Israel:

“Dig” - 2015 …Wish this one got renewed for a second season
“Messiah” - 2020

Nice.
I see zerozerozero has Gabriel Byrne, looks very good.