god what are you doing

True in a sense. I’m not saying we’ve been blindsided or had blindsight…just that we are not born to be this or that. We’re a crreative process. Michaelangelo saw “David” in the marble but it doesn’t mean he couldn’t have seen ______________ [place in any word here].

But all I meant is that what we take to be fate or destiny really is our perception or acceptance after the fact. I don’t “see” or “believe” in fate or destiny. I don’t believe we are written in the stars. We follow a course that speaks to us in an ongoing journey-like way as we have experiences, thoughts, desires. Even our plans for the future, to be a doctor, a lawyer, an indian chief, I don’t see them as destinies or fates at least not ones written in the stars or supernatural ones. Their based on our personal ongoing process of life. When we look back in 'hindsight, we see their roots and their paths along the way, the ways in which we have been influenced or stifled, that lead us to where we are. But that’s just the way I look at it.

I know what god didn’t do, stop this guy.

You know, if a human let such crimes happen with full knowledge and capability to stop them for over 20 years, he’d be seen as a monster… yet God is still seen as omnibenevolent by theists.

Freaks me out.

We are the universe experiencing itself subjectively and individually. We have great influence over the world and it’s inhabitants, people tend abuse that. It’s the ripple effect/affect. We are tiny, just a spec in the cosmic sea.

Negative idea/thought > Negative influence > Negative Action > Negative reality.

Action and influence can be swapped back and forth as well, because action can influence and influence can cause action. This is the ripple effect/affect. It can be applied to positivity as well.

Each individual unique reality adds up to the whole of realities of which we all face and see. So one person really can change the world, if they use the ripple effect/affect. But a lot of people do not like to budge.

No individual reality is the same, some can be similar but never same.

It’s because there is none. There is only man being distracted by petty things that do not matter, while ignoring the things that matter most.

Atheris,

Only if blame serves a real purpose which I don’t really see it doing. Backpeddling to see what went wrong and how, might serve a better purpose.

it’s all just a part of our evolutionary mistakes and growth spurts.lol Let’s move along and find solutions. Energy is not that everlasting.

To find out what went wrong and how we must find the one responsible, the one to blame :wink:

If you assume the existence of the theistic God, nature just seems less perfect and benign than it should be.

Atheris

They are two different thoughts. The former can give us some answers - the latter might insure imprisonment and for a time not a repeat of the same.
But Atheris, I blame you, I blame you for all the tragedy and misery which has ever come upon humanity, from the time star stuff began to permeate and descend to this very moment. You are to blame for it all.

I don’t "believe’ in god. Nature is about as perfect as benigh as I am. lol

I look to nature also…it is unbelievable

Yes, turtle, nature certainly is unbelievable but I’d say unbelievably amazing. And it always shows up on time.

that is where I look for my god…I don’t like supernatural explanations…

But then why would you need to “look for” your god? Isn’t that going into the supernatural realm? Isn’t nature awesome and inspiring and enough over the top and beyond to cease any thought about god at all? Although I suppose there are moments when I even consider: “Is it possible” I think that at times the qualia which we are experiencing comes so close to what appears to be sacred (though it isn’t - except to our minds) that we cannot help wondering but that moment fades quickly and all I am left with is an astounding nature and universe. And for me, what more could there possible be? That is what binds me - that is my religion of sorts - though not really my religion but my interconnectedness with nature and my nature within I suppose.

Yes, turtle, nature certainly is unbelievable but I’d say unbelievably amazing. And it always shows up on time.
[/quote]
that is where I look for my god…I don’t like supernatural explanations…
[/quote]
But then why would you need to “look for” your god? Isn’t that going into the supernatural realm? Isn’t nature awesome and inspiring and enough over the top and beyond to cease any thought about god at all? Although I suppose there are moments when I even consider: “Is it possible” I think that at times the qualia which we are experiencing comes so close to what appears to be sacred (though it isn’t - except to our minds) that we cannot help wondering but that moment fades quickly and all I am left with is an astounding nature and universe. And for me, what more could there possible be? That is what binds me - that is my religion of sorts - though not really my religion but my interconnectedness with nature and my nature within I suppose.
[/quote]
I am always studying nature and expanding my view of god as I go…

You’re forgetting that theists define God as the prime mover, the first cause, the one that caused everything that will ever happen KNOWINGLY. That’s exactly the basis of my argument.

the people at my church believe the evolution of living things is directed by god…I try to present the scientific explanation…but they wont have it
their god is in control…they seem to like to be in control…

Ask them why did God make Ebola, or plague or smallpox evolve and observe them become dumbfounded and unable to construe a proper response, you’re also likely to hear “God works in mysterious ways” :laughing:

yes I hear that ----god works in ways we cannot understand…

Well duh… it’s always about control. Except nothing revolves around us, except what we create to.

On the ravages brought about by natural causes and unnatural persons–what if God is interested in souls, not in bodies. I’d say that a soul is a natural, not supernatural part of the human psyche, which may be a trinity of mind, body and soul (or spirit).

That might be Wizard’s buddhist interpretation - all is fine with the world, all is as it should be. There is nothing that needs to be done - it is all under control ~~ we are just not capable of seeing true reality.

True reality? From my vantage point I see save me religions, politics for sale and dog eat dog economics. All is not well.