spirit being saved?

are we having problems nurturing our spirits…

I want my spirit saved…

What’s there to be saved from? We don’t have complete control over it, we have control over influence. We can speed it up or delay it, but change is inevitable either way. I’d prefer we sped it up though…

Change is like that shot from the doctor that you know you need but don’t want because of the needle being sharp and painful. You can struggle against it to prolong the shot or you can accept it quickly and move on for the better. Either way, you’re getting that shot and you’re dealing with the pain.

it seems that a lot of people are making themselves sick because of unhealthy habits of mind and body…so their spirit suffers…when you have a sick mind how can you have a healthy spirit…

2C
I believe that even if consciousness is a product of energy [it’s behaviours] where everything in the universe is information based, a function of that implies that said info is being ‘recorded’. Functional Info tends to work cyclically [perhaps always] and that requires memory of some kind.
jump…
In short, the soul is thus a mimic of the consciousness but exists in a non-temporal manner, ergo doesn’t just appear at death but is intrinsically linked with consciousness in life.

I do believe we need some manner of non religion based dharma, to support the development of the consciousness in life. Mostly the recognition of illusion and violence in particular, as the key factors deriving real evil towards souls.

I want humans to be suitable to colonise the galaxy if nothing else, and would hate to see us look like animals to more intelligent species ~ if there are any out there.

• I hate all the shit we give each other, it gets tiresome and is always unintelligent! …and sometimes people don’t seam to realise when they are being like that, you know how their eyes seem to glaze over as if they are doing nothing wrong. People always find reasons to back up there actions, where one could say that if they need to find backup for their questions, then maybe their basis is already wrong.

Don’t forget we live in an infinite reality people!

Yep. Always finding petty distractions instead of focusing on advancing. I want colonization too.

what do you think

If spirit is the will to live as best as one can, problems with mind and body can certainly thwart that will. A healthy mind in a healthy body is necessary for the will " to be all you can be" to prosper.

If you are a paraplegic, can you prosper? If you have AIDS, cancer, etc?

Does/did Stephen Hawking prosper?

Yes. Many prosper despite physical handicaps. Sound mind in a sound body is the ideal. I’m sure Stephen Hawking is being all he can be–evidence of a healthy spirit.

Then spirit must be separate from body.

how can spirit be separate from the body…come on phyllo you need to explain how this is possible…

A ‘good’ spirit can be in a diseased body on the verge of death. A ‘poor’ spirit can be in a completely healthy body.
A mentally retarded person can have a ‘good’ spirit.

Do you see the disconnect between body and spirit?

yes I can see that…can you see the connections between mind/body/spirit

You have not defined mind, body or spirit.

IOW, I don’t really know what you are talking about - I’m just guessing and I don’t like doing that.

jesus Christ…what the hell is the problem here…do you not understand the common meaning of mind body and spirit…just take a jab at it…what is this definition thing…I am not selling dictionaries

Words have meaning for me. Clear communication is important.

I can do smalltalk with real people in real life. I don’t need to do it here. :-"

Body the physical aspect of which is manifested into by energy (soul). The mind being the conscious/subconscious that is connected directly to the matter(physical body) and energy (soul). The mind connected to both so that one can use their body to do and be, connected to the soul because it needs energy in order to function. It’s all connected really.

you clearly have a problem communicating also…you are like— the pot calling the kettle black…do you understand that…or do you need me to define kettle and pot…

No problem - don’t read my posts. :smiley: