New Religion?

my question—can i start a new religion?

i say yes…so here goes…i am god and you all need to find out what i am like…you are to worship me and follow my commandments…first off no more pre-emptive wars like iraq…stay tuned my faithful servants…

anyone can start a new religion. not everyone can start a successful one.

my religion, the me religion, is successful because you signed on…it is based on the same bullshit that every religion starts with…

the old god died and passed the godship to me…he talked to me on the rock…

Why don’t you forget about founding a new religion, little reptile - we have so many of them already. I can take you for a long, long, long ride on my wing, piccolo rettile, where there will be no servants nor masters - just an exhilarating and freeing perfect flight together. Religion cannot offer that. I promise not to drop you. And don’t worry, I will be sure to deposit you back on your rock where you can then sit in repose and ponder the experience of our amazing flight together; that is, when you’re not stealing looks at your della-porta acconto lei-rettile. :slight_smile:

wait–that might be too much fun…
but we could be gods together and cleanup all these horsehit religions that are silly…we would be the one true natural philosophy…it is interesting that none of the religion people have attacked the post yet…

Goddamn your post.

pezer–you may be damning the true god…watch out for consequences…all of the current religions need an overhaul…

And when you notice how this religion does not catch on, what will you have learned about your ideas about religion?

actually the post was meant to show the silliness of religions…no one KNOWS anything. every religion starts with one person and all you have to do is be a bullshitter like me…

REally? Interesting. So how many followers do you have?

Screw it, let’s all whorship the Turtle, there is no way that it can be anymore damaging than going to a regular church/mosque/etc. :laughing:

[-o<

Ommmmm…

What’s whorshipping look like, sounds very pagan or some form of human trafficking.

That’s easy, it’s just like worshipping, but with more 'h’s.

the turtle is the natural god…the idk god…

you can say you believe in god…no one will ask you about your god…and you can be one of the gang…
there is no god better than the turtle god…
in fact the turtle god makes more sense…

Don’t turtles hold the earth up, or somethin’?

It’s turtles. All the way down…

yes…

the turtle god

we need to get rid of all the old gods…the old gods are boring…

this new religion should be attractive to an atheist…now the atheist can have a natural god and feel superior to the god people…

A new religion needs holidays. I advocate Monday and Tuesday thus a 3-day working week. Sign me up. I also want to be canonised or whatever it is for forwarding this proposal which’ll prove to be the most successful means of expanding our flock.

trevor you and i are in…i like your idea…are you an atheist…we need atheists…we need persons who arent satisfied with present religions…they are dysfunctional…

also we need someone to be in charge of the god complaint department.