If knowledge is power...

Off with ya kilt

Oh, I wouldn’t say that. They are wrong on many issues and they change quite often. And in some cases, they even disagree with themselves in the same article;

Those are NOT the same things. The first refers to an ability to do something. The second refers to the doing of something and the stipulated end result.

One can have the ability first mentioned, but not use it “wisely”.

Pssst, James, I think derley was being facetious, :wink:

He’s a fascist??!!! :astonished:

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! :evilfun:

Do fascists have facets???

Written in one minute:

The fascist facets fastened faster fascist’s facets for facetious fascists fastening facets.

Ok not great but, not horrible :slight_smile:

Wisdom is an elaborated knowledge. It is more based on the own experience than knowledge itself is. So wisdom requires a higher age. Wise people are old. If younger people seem to be wise, to have wisdom, then they are “altklug” (“old-clever”), precocious (is that the correct English word for it?).

B.t.w.: Knowledge is not always power, because it depends on the magnitude and distribution of power in each and every situation. There are (for example) poor people who are wise, but they have no power, in any case no societal power.

You can see everyday people with knowledge in certain subjects that create problems of their own for those subjects or even the world. A genius would not create problems for themselves as they are cautious and wise, they will prevent them while fixing the problems that intellectuals create for the world and themselves.

Hitler, who was fairly intellectual created huge problems, correct? A genius wouldn’t let that happen. A genius is the mix of an intellectual with wisdom. An intellectual lacking wisdom will create problems.

What we have today is a lot of intellectuals creating problems while there are not as many geniuses to prevent them. The intellectuals in leadership roles while the geniuses sit on the sidelines, a lot of them are introvert.

So you argue that extremely wise people solve mazes, but extremely unwise people create mazes???

Are all inventors fools then?

I just said they prevent the problems from the beginning. How can you solve a problem when it never existed in the first place. They’re cautious about what they do and don’t do.

Also, an inventor can be an intellectual, someone who is smart and knowledgeable without being wise.

So you’re claiming it’s unwise, or foolish, to create problems, puzzles, or mazes, and especially ones that nobody can solve?

Who else here agrees or disagrees with this?

I’ll agree that you misinterpreted Artimas.

Do you think the man who created your laptop is intellectual? Most likely seeing as he needs to be knowledgeable of that specific subject in order to create your electronics. The inventor, engineer and the like yes, he is probably intellectual.

Do you think that same engineer/inventor can lead a species to a higher place of being? Do you think he knows the how’s, why’s, when’s, who’s, and what’s in order to use all of this technology wisely?

Do you think every person who creates technology or inventions know how to use them properly?

I used to say this a lot but I am not sure about it anymore.

“We have technology in abundance, we have our fancy nuclear, our cars, our laser beams and all of these fancy toys. But what is the point in having a fancy toy if you don’t know how to use it properly? It’s like that child who has a magnifying glass, a magnifying glass that was meant to be used to see small things, but instead that child is using it to start fires and kill insects.”

The intellectuals may create problems out of curiosity with the magnifying glass and fancy toys. A wise being will know how, why, when, and what to use them on. It’s as simple as that.

We’re just children with deadly weapons and technology, well the majority. There are a few wise here that try to keep it together, but most of the the time they are ignored and blamed.

Can a person who creates games and draws mazes, creating “problems” for others to solve, be wise or not, Artimas???

Please answer the question

Those aren’t problems. They’re intentional intellectual stimuli.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, good one! Ok, I will accept this as an admission.

I argue that wisdom is not only solving problems, but creating them as well. A truly wise person can create a problem as well as he can solve one.

Why would a wise person create problems in an already highly problematic world/Universe/reality. They prevent problems while solving others.

I don’t think you’re understanding what I mean by ‘problem’. I am not meaning games, puzzles and intellectual stimuli or even math problems. Those types of problems will arise in new discovery and are not really problems more so than they are challenges.

I am talking about trouble, difficult situations, worry, complications that there do not need to be.

That is the very definition of games.

New sig

No it isn’t. Maybe how you define it, but not everyone else or even the dictionary.

No offense, BUT, I don’t believe in your bible (dictionary).