wait a minute who is really thinking here

i don’t know how to explain this or if i’m giving it justice

feels like sometimes I will make a post and I get a vague sensation/feeling of deja vu, or frankly what feels like prophetic time travel to the past

i’ll make a new post and immediately afterward a part of me feels like someone else made the post that I just made, years before, at some unknown point in time

Half the time, I can’t point to any specific source of information in the now other than my own thoughts (when making some post on ILP)…

I understand that to some extent, people here have read some of the same information sources, likely to be like-minded, exposed to the same information and/or products of eachother’s minds via posts here. I suppose group think can set in here

People here have influenced my thinking and what I know, perhaps unknown how profoundly - i suppose it is not farfetched for what I post here to be similar to the previous thoughts ILP’ers have had years ago (i don’t really reread old posts that much)

This is the best explanation I can attribute to what is felt by some of my posts, yet I don’t really believe it… it doesn’t feel like this is quite what is going on

maybe i should’ve let this one go

Your experiencing a feedback loop of a memory indirectly through your frontal eye fields.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brodmann_area_8

If “you” already know the knowledge in one sense, where the memory is encoded, it doesn’t mean all aspects of mind knows it in that sense. Think of info on a CD, computer as a whole doesn’t have it in the central hard drive. Aspects of the computer is aware of it, while others are not.

Your part that is not is now observing it.

For an INTJ based in the right Supplimentry Motor Area, this happens a lot to me, even since a child. A few different personality types have consciousness in funny parts of the brain that they can “see themselves”, their thought process, from two angles at once. One if the quirky side effects of consciousness. A INTP like Sauwelios can do it in ways I can’t, but I can do this.

It also effects your dreams too, as well as mental disorders. I don’t know enough to type you, you aren’t necessarily my type, just can be along this route and link up.

Don’t sweat it, it isn’t evidence of reincarnation, higher forms, or of divine inspiration. It is a kind of De Ja Vu. Welcome to the wonderful world of lateralizing feedback loop a between two hemispheres. Two separate sense of selves observed the sane date, and your grasping not all is synchronized. Try to to get all Zen from this, your still all you.

Can confirm. I’m a pretty stereotypical INTP, and I’m viewing myself or whatever I’m thinking about from two perspectives at the same time quite often. For me, thinking hard about any subject quite literally proceeds as an argument with myself. So I might begin by mentally ‘blurting out’ the first thing that comes to mind on a subject, then chiding myself for being ridiculous, then re-presenting a stronger form of the original blurt, then questioning my motivations in defending the blurt, then conceding that the blurt was irrational but insisting that it at least points in the direction of some truth, and so on and so forth.

I am also plagued by deja vu. I say plagued, because the older I get, the longer it seems to last when it happens. When I was a child it only happened in hindsight; a quick “Oh, did I do that thing once before?” reflection on some immediately past event. Now, however, I am in the deja vu for an extended period- many many seconds of thinking “Yes, that happened before, then then that happened, and yes I remember that”. I rather hate it, and have taken to jabbing myself in the thigh with a pencil, spilling a drink on myself, or otherwise doing something ‘spontaneous’ to ‘break the spell’ when this happens, which is maybe 3-4 times per year.

There are a lot of subtypes of De Ja Vu. I don’t follow the french classification.

I also can speak much of the INTP feedback loop, other than what others state. I never experienced it myself, just been informed time and again it is real, and was told the damn location of it, just can’t find the location I read the name, or the supporting forums (long gone). I’ve always wondered if that’s the original homoculus. I never had that experience myself, guessing it would be freaky watching yourself thinking in real time. The areas for GPS mapping of the body is in my area, so I will never assume it is all that coordinated and unified, as that’s what we do, literally, is make it all work together, hence my Ideo-Kenetic Apraxia turning me into a fine philosopher for this state of mind.

Compare this to the area I first mentioned

Forms a quirky circuit, A to B to C back to A, and I’m sure to a INTP looks absurd. Intellectual thinking follows these pathways, and it isn’t uncommon in mythology to see parts of the whole as syntax, including body parts, to explain systematic ideas.

The rapid expansion of the size of the human brain caused our inner motor sense of the body to become disjointed. In most animals, it looks logically unified. Why you see a lot of meditation like Dogen’s Japanese Zen or Greek Orthodox Hesychasm to focus on Mind-Body emphasis. It isn’t easy, can be quite chaotic. Think INTPs got it easier given they just mostly receive info and don’t have to sort nearly as much of it, other aspects of the mind did done it all ready.

Melania probably has a lot of deja vus. Always has that look like she’s trying to remember something.

See? She’s having one right now.

(Sorry, I had to)

lol

Quit hating on women Pandora. Did she do anything wrong in accepting Trump’s advances, in being a wife to him, or a mother to his child? Trump likes his women looking fake, she obliged. She doesn’t have to be you.

Pan’s joke was funny, though :smiley: