Osama bin Laden is Dead.

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Moderator: Uccisore

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby iambiguous » Fri May 06, 2011 10:06 pm

BlurredSavant wrote:I really don't give a shit if others agree with me or not. I did not come into this thread to discuss a personal opinion. It's not about whether I agree or disagree. I'm just talking about something that happened, and leaving out how I feel about it. Still didn't get that? How many more times should I say it? 100? 1,000? What will it take?

And I don't give a shit about how the argument is "framed", whatever the fuck that means. I have no issue with the points you brought up other than how you misinterpreted what I said and then related your points to that misinterpretation.

The deeper you dig into stuff like this the more you realize it's about human psychology. That and dasein.

Here, I'll show you what I mean:

It's soul-crushing to me because the nonsense is like toxic waste spreading around the entire world. Whenever I think too much or too deeply on the state of the world, whenever I consider all the proven and unproven lies our own government feeds us, whenever I ponder how many people out there are completely oblivious to anything but their own little bubble, I feel....I dunno. It's difficult to explain. I feel like I'm going to explode, like I need to get away, like I wish the whole world would just blow up and everyone would die, I start to wonder if I shouldn't just fucking kill myself because that's the only way to get away from it. I feel as if my very soul is being crushed by the weight of the world.

That's pretty much how I feel about the world. Like Brenda from Six Feet Under.
Many a good argument is ruined by some fool who knows what he is talking about.

Marshall McLuhan

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby James S Saint » Thu May 12, 2011 11:42 am

Here's a couple of interesting bits;
The Nine Lives of Osama bin Laden
and
Assuming that any of the facts of the recent Bin Laden killing are accurate - which is a huge assumption - here is my hypothesis about what actually happened and what it all means:

The shooters were specifically ordered to shoot Bin Laden in the head and dump his body in the sea.

Why do I think this?

1. Navy SEALs follow orders. They don't make them up as they go along

2. SEALs are extremely good combat shooters.

If they shot him in the face and not the body mass from the very short range within the house, it's because they were told to do that. This was not a confused firefight carried out over long distances. After all, what they essentially did - now that the "facts" are getting out - is that they shot an unarmed man in his bedroom.

3. The bizarre and highly unorthodox decision to thrown Bin Laden's body in the sea clearly came from the top and was not improvised on the scene.

4. CIA chief Leon Panetta stated the other day that the US ordered that Bin Laden be killed, not captured as originally reported.

I strongly doubt that either the Navy or even the White House specified this manner of killing and body disposal.

So who was driving this bus?

This has CIA written all over it.

Here's why:

1. Savage and pointlessly thuggish

2. SEALs and other special forces often work under the command of the CIA especially when it comes to assassinating non-Americans overseas.

3. The CIA has hoodwinked and tried to hoodwink presidents in the past using this very same formula.

a. Carry out an operation with the President's general approval
b. Carry out the operation in their own way and in a way that the President would never have agreed to in order to achieve their own agenda
c. Leave the president holding the bag, or getting the credit as the case may be.

Examples:

1. The Bay of Pigs - CIA organized their own invasion of Cuba believing they would be able to force President Kennedy to provide air support at the last minute. Kennedy refused, fired the head of the CIA and was killed just a few years later under highly suspicious circumstances after beginning to dismantle the CIA.

2. The U2 scandal - Right before a crucial US/USSR summit, spy pilot Gary Powers was sent on a reckless and impossible mission by the CIA specifically to create an incident to prolong the cold war. It worked.

3. Iran/Contra - Senile and out of touch, Ronald Reagan agreed to one set of operations to help the Contras and open channels of communication with Iran. The CIA and friends turned it into a guns-for-drug bonanza for themselves with terrorism against Central American civilians thrown in for good measure.

Yes, there was a general order in place to "get" Bin Laden, dead or alive. Was Obama deeply involved? I seriously doubt it.

My guess is the reality is that the great fearless leader Barack Obama was called away from a basketball game with the announcement that "we found him."

Then he and his Seven Dwarves - some in on it the real deal, most not - watched as the operation unfolded on TV.

That 's when Obama learned that an unarmed Osama was getting shot in the head and dumped in the sea.

After it all went down, Obama was given a choice: take the credit and be a hero or admit he had no idea of what was really going on and that he is not in charge of the country's military and foreign policy.

Why did the CIA do this?

The same reason the CIA put Gary Powers aloft on a suicide mission right before a highly sensitive US/USSR summit:

They want to prolong the bogus War on Terror forever, or at least as long as is humanly possible. Now that even the dullest of dimwits is waking up to the fact that the War on Terror is a total fraud it's especially important to keep the game going.

"Coincidentally", a week before the shooting, hundreds of prisoners, some of them skilled Taliban operatives and officers, "escaped" from a prison in Kandahar, Afghanistan.

And the news media is now warning us: "Al Qaeda" declares it will seek revenge.

All in the service of keeping the War on Terror going another 50 to 100 pointless years. Or maybe even 1000.

This was part of what Eisenhower was warning about in his farewell speech: Beware the Military-Industrial Complex, i.e. the guys who want nothing so much as endless war from one end of the planet to another because it's how make money and expand their power.

Note to those unfamiliar with the US Constitution: We did not elect a group of shadowy figures to make foreign and defense policy. That they are doing so in broad daylight - with the help of the news media running endless BS cover stories - should be alarming.

In it's own way, this latest action is evidence of an ongoing coup in Washington that started with Eisenhower and just keeps rolling on.

Who really killed Bin Laden - and why?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Gain is obtained by giving a lot and keeping a little.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby PavlovianModel146 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:14 am

BlurredSavant wrote:That's not rationalization. It's JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!!

Jesus FUCKING Christ, can I write it in a book and slam it against your fucking head so maybe you'll learn by osmosis?

You're already on a temporary ban, and I only compound a pre-existing ban for very good reason, so please know that further posts of this nature will result in a Warning.
"Love is the gravity of the Soul" - Abstract -/-/1988 - 3/11/2013 R.I.P

PavlovianModel146
Ringing The Bell

Postby Blurry » Fri May 13, 2011 9:52 pm

You do realize that A, I haven't posted in this thread in over a week, and B, I do see all of the mods coming at me at once - just after I talked some shit to one of you. The comments on this thread were made days ago, and yet nothing was said to me about any of this until after I started giving her shit. That's not a coincidence.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby Liteninbolt » Sat May 14, 2011 2:39 am

BlurredSavant,
The moderators here don't relish pointing out questionable behavior. I can assure you it's no power-trip for me. The job doesn't pay enough. The thing we do care about is promoting harmony without needless posturing.

It is understood that heated debate will occur. Our aim is to try to curb possible incursions of this site's rules. There has been many times I have bit my tongue and have the scars to prove it. Emotion is a component of discussion, but knowing how to utilize it with reason and calmness can be challenging. In my younger days I could have been easily gone off on a tirade. Now that I'm quite a bit older, the coolness of reason has tempered my compulsion to fly onto expletives while being generally a pain in the derriere. My attention has since turned to the meat on the bone and am content with gnawing away at that. The thing is, we all won't get what we want from ILP, so we must try to find good middle ground from it.
Liteninbolt
Philosopher

Postby PavlovianModel146 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:27 am

BlurredSavant wrote:You do realize that A, I haven't posted in this thread in over a week, and B, I do see all of the mods coming at me at once - just after I talked some shit to one of you. The comments on this thread were made days ago, and yet nothing was said to me about any of this until after I started giving her shit. That's not a coincidence.

It is a coincidence.

If you look in the Chamber of Debate, then you will notice that I was quite delayed in judging a recent Debate between Carleas in Gaiaguerrila, and I stated that life had, at that time, been absolutely crazy for a little over a week. It's quite possible that I missed this thread during that time, that's inexcusable, of course, but that's clearly what happened. You know me well enough to know that I don't let posts like that one go.

Further, and this is just my personal Moderating, a post directed at another Moderator would have to contain more than pure ad hom for me to step in, directly or indirectly. I would quite possibly toss out a Warning for a post directed towards another Moderator that violated some other rule, but not for ad hom, it's tough not to expect a little ad hom here and there if you are a Moderator.

Finally, if it was not a coincidence, I could have issued a separate Warning, and extended the ban had I wanted to. Obviously, I didn't want to.
"Love is the gravity of the Soul" - Abstract -/-/1988 - 3/11/2013 R.I.P

PavlovianModel146
Ringing The Bell

Postby Blurry » Sat May 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Okay guys.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby fuse » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:02 am

fuse wrote:The Muslim burial isn't a question of morality to me... it sure as hell wasn't done for any moral reasons by the U.S. military/government. There must have been a practical reason to do it (or make it up). I just can't see it...

I heard somewhere (I think while watching the news) that the "burial at sea" plan was designed to prevent those sympathetic to Bin Laden from obtaining and using the body as a means to rally and incite more anti-U.S. sentiment. It had nothing to do with Islamic custom or tradition. That actually makes sense.
fuse
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics