Osama bin Laden is Dead.

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Moderator: Uccisore

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 2:24 am

Humpty wrote:well, the fact is that with the state, there is no reasoning...or if there is, the reason's gotta be kept secret.

I really don't think Bin Laden was viewed as worthy of a trial... In the states eyes. Our nations ideology only looks good on paper. But then again, that ideology only can go so far... When push comes to shove. I applaud cutting through the red tape that so many times has binded us, harmed us, and defeated us.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby Humpty » Wed May 04, 2011 2:32 am

i think a televised trial would have been pretty cool, i think it would have been very worth-while. the money the government could have made from televising the trial would have massively outweighed the cost of the trial, so to say it's not "worth while"...well you certainly don't mean it's not worth while economically. i think it would have been a much bigger historical event: the trial of a terrorist. the murder of a terrorist...i don't know, that doesn't really have the level of significance that a trial would. a trial would have been nice.
User avatar
Humpty
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 2:57 am

I think a trial for that reason (money) makes it become a huge joke. I even think that to come up with that idea to begin with leads me to question your state of mind on the matter as a hole as well as your entire world view, even if it is not serious.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 3:02 am

Next issue: Was the "Muslim ceremony" the right thing to do? Apparently his burial took place aboard an aircraft carrier in which a naval officer read traditional muslim burial rites that were translated into Arabic, with bin laden wrapped in white sheets in a ceremony that took approximately 45 minutes?
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby Humpty » Wed May 04, 2011 3:08 am

it is a huge fucking joke, are you outta ur mind?
User avatar
Humpty
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 3:18 am

Humpty wrote:it is a huge fucking joke, are you outta ur mind?

I agree that it would be a joke but not in the same sense or severity of the term as if it was done for money as opposed to ideology, which could be seen as virtuous. I personally think virtue has it's time and place, but it wasn't nor should it have been the time or place with this raid on bin laden
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby fuse » Wed May 04, 2011 3:30 am

The Muslim burial isn't a question of morality to me... it sure as hell wasn't done for any moral reasons by the U.S. military/government. There must have been a practical reason to do it (or make it up). I just can't see it...
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3960
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby Humpty » Wed May 04, 2011 4:05 am

the burial at sea is specifically against the Islamic religion lol
http://www.seaservices.com/Muslim.htm
User avatar
Humpty
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby Trevor » Wed May 04, 2011 10:16 am

Humpty wrote:there's not too many reasons to shoot an unarmed man.


Him being the world's most wanted terrorist is a pretty good one.

The burial at sea makes sense, he has no grave, no point at which the hordes of loonies can make a pilgrimage, or dig him up, or whatever mad shit looney terrorists do. They're probably necrophiliacs too. Anyway, fuck the guy.

Here's one reason I think the hit was actual: In the aftermath Pakistan has a whole load of shit to answer for, a lot of international pressure and suspicion has come their way. If the hit was a fake wouldn't they have chosen some remote cave on the Afghan/Pakistan (or Iran) border rather than a million pound apartment? Unless there's a political reason to smear Pakistan...
Trevor
 

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby James S Saint » Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 am

Archangel wrote:If there were no more sin, what would be the purpose of priests? If there were no more disease, what would be the purpose of doctors? If there were no more enemies, what would be the purpose of army? People need to be afraid of something - in such a way that they need saviours and champions all the time... Can there be better form of control? The US goverment knew that killing Osama won't change the overall picture, and that it will probably make things worse - which will result in more terrorist attacks - which leads to stricter laws and greater invasion of privacy, loss of more civil rights, semi-military state and The Patriot Act 2.0... Over 99% possible...

Bingo!

They don't dispose of one false flag until they have already setup the next one.

The question now is, how many people will they murder in order to present the world with their new arch enemy?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Gain is obtained by giving a lot and keeping a little.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 17869
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 1:02 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Archangel wrote:If there were no more sin, what would be the purpose of priests? If there were no more disease, what would be the purpose of doctors? If there were no more enemies, what would be the purpose of army? People need to be afraid of something - in such a way that they need saviours and champions all the time... Can there be better form of control? The US goverment knew that killing Osama won't change the overall picture, and that it will probably make things worse - which will result in more terrorist attacks - which leads to stricter laws and greater invasion of privacy, loss of more civil rights, semi-military state and The Patriot Act 2.0... Over 99% possible...

Bingo!

They don't dispose of one false flag until they have already setup the next one.

The question now is, how many people will they murder in order to present the world with their new arch enemy?


No need for a new false flag operation when you have FEMA CAMPS SET UP TO ENSLAVE US ALL, ALL ACROSS THE UNITED STATES!!!

User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Humpty wrote:the burial at sea is specifically against the Islamic religion lol
http://www.seaservices.com/Muslim.htm


Yes but so was killing Bin Laden.. perhaps? Not entirely... there is some truth to that though. Now as far as the burial at sea, right... Was that the right thing to do also? :)
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby Humpty » Wed May 04, 2011 4:12 pm

guess you missed the point of what i said...
User avatar
Humpty
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Humpty wrote:guess you missed the point of what i said...


No, I didn't. I didn't say the ceremony was an entirely traditional and entirely founded in Muslim burial rites.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby Humpty » Wed May 04, 2011 4:50 pm

the post that preceded mine was talking about burying him at sea for moral reasons. i was commenting on that. it was claimed, in the news, to have been done in keeping with muslim traditions. none of your response has anything to do with what i was talking about. that's why i say you missed the point. cuz you're talkin bout some random shit.
User avatar
Humpty
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Humpty wrote:the post that preceded mine was talking about burying him at sea for moral reasons. i was commenting on that. it was claimed, in the news, to have been done in keeping with muslim traditions. none of your response has anything to do with what i was talking about.


So it was in concordance with muslim tradition except for the burial at sea... And?
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby Humpty » Wed May 04, 2011 5:00 pm

and that was it, what the fuck do you mean "and?" get outta here
User avatar
Humpty
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Humpty wrote:and that was it, what the fuck do you mean "and?" get outta here


How could you proclaim that I missed your point if there's nothing more to what you already stated? I asked if the burial at sea was the right thing to do. You said I missed your point. WTF?
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby Humpty » Wed May 04, 2011 5:08 pm

you said "also" you asked if it was the right thing to do "also."
that part confused the shit outta me. your whole post was like...i have no clue what you're trying to say. speak english man.
User avatar
Humpty
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Humpty wrote:you said "also" you asked if it was the right thing to do "also."
that part confused the shit outta me. your whole post was like...i have no clue what you're trying to say. speak english man.


I said exactly what I was trying to say. You can answer the question anyway you want. I don't see how its confusing at all. I'm not trying to trick you.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby Humpty » Wed May 04, 2011 5:22 pm

i'm not answering the question. the also implies that something else IS right already...i don't know what that is. i personally couldn't care less where he's buried, they could have fed his corpse to hyenas for all I care, the point is that they claimed it was done in keeping with islamic tradition in order to appease muslims who might be outraged by how they disposed of the body, but the way they disposed of the body is against islamic tradition anyway.
User avatar
Humpty
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Humpty wrote:i'm not answering the question. the also implies that something else IS right already...i don't know what that is. i personally couldn't care less where he's buried, they could have fed his corpse to hyenas for all I care, the point is that they claimed it was done in keeping with islamic tradition in order to appease muslims who might be outraged by how they disposed of the body, but the way they disposed of the body is against islamic tradition anyway.


Or I was just asking a second question on the burial.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby Humpty » Wed May 04, 2011 5:46 pm

ah, i see, in that case the also should be placed in front. if it's at the end like that...my misunderstanding was pretty understandable.
User avatar
Humpty
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed May 04, 2011 5:48 pm

Humpty wrote:ah, i see, in that case the also should be placed in front. if it's at the end like that...my misunderstanding was pretty understandable.


Is that a Grammatical rule? I'm not sure.. do you know?
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Osama bin Laden is Dead.

Postby Humpty » Wed May 04, 2011 5:51 pm

"Was that the right thing to do also?" -- the also is in the context of there being another right thing to do.
"Also, was that the right thing to do?" -- the also is to denote a new, separate question.
User avatar
Humpty
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:53 am

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users