Crisis Alert

I have a question to ask you fine gentleman and ladies. Do you really think that money is not going to be burning in the streets within 10 years? At this point we are looking at a large War, probably a World War in the next 10 years and this would function nicely as a “slate cleaner”. Or another option would literally be for the government or rather whoever has the most guns to seize ALL assets and re-allocate ALL assets, jobs, ETC. You would hope someone with the constitution of a saint would be at the helm, although still it would likely be reminiscent some dystopian science fiction novel. How else could a crisis like this be solved? Doesn’t matter who you put in charge, they are still going to be driving a car with no brakes and no matter how good of a driver they are the car will inevitably crash. So I see those two options as the only way out. Or just like mass apocalypse on a global scale, I suppose that would clean things up pretty nicely. Or even…a shutdown of all technology as a result of intense solar flares…that would work too right? I don’t know any of this for sure though. Tell me what you guys think. Is everything going to be okay…somehow? Something I’m…not understanding here?

I like to say you are wrong and insane but… you are not.
We are heading for for something, I can’t say a world war but I can
say whatever it is, it won’t be pretty. It kinda feels like when you can smell rain but you can’t see
it, but you know its coming. It feels the same way, a storm is coming, you can feel it.

I’m tempted to say Civil war in the U.S. the middle class just needs a leader and a cause,
with upper class taxation being the cause and the leader? I suspect that leader is out there, he/she just
hasn’t come to the fore yet. Historically, the revolution has been led by someone from
the upper class. I am still working this out. more later.

Kropotkin

I believe there will be a War, and I believe it will be the people against the people.

People are storing guns in the U.S right now. Most people are angry about their government and have become extremist
left against the right, and they both want to kill the liberal. People are protesting more often, and a group of back woods Americans have come out of the wood work itching for a fight, and know nothing of the current events, they just want to use their guns.

Of course once this starts then the Big Guys will get involved, crowd control, that sort of thing, then a bigger fight will evolve, then everyone will be fighting. (except the smart people in the mountains with plenty of preps)
Then strict laws will be put in place, people will feel like their liberties are being infringed upon and fight some more.

Once the people are focused on fighting one another, and the goverment is busy trying to control the people, the other countries will see the U.S as weak, and see a perfect opportunity to attack. World War

The problem is the people this time, that is my theory anyway.
It is a hate thing. everyone blames everyone else.

The only thing you can do is prepare for a power outage, and have a gun to protect your food from the raiders. Or a sling Shot :slight_smile:

Personally I believe that should you survive, you need to place all stake in material assets, spend ALL of your money. Protect these material assets with all of your will. Hope that the government will not simply seize everything you have accumulated. The best option is probably to hide. You will need an automatic weapon. Several. My preference would be an AK-47. I’m talking fully customized. Suppressed for discreetness, large magazines and perhaps a nice icy blue finish for my own aesthetic purposes. I choose this weapon simply because it is the most reliable and carries with it a great deal of firepower. I would amass a large quantity of ammunition, explosives, bullet-proof armor, etc. Obviously food and other provisions go without saying. Wouldn’t hurt to have lots of gasoline or better yet: an electric or solar-powered vehicle. Wouldn’t hurt to have something that could handle armored vehicles too. You must fortify yourself. You must become a warrior. To do this you will have to harm the core of your being. You will have to separate yourself from your humanity and become a killer. Even if the Lord God or the Buddha himself stand in your way you must cut them down.

I agree with you Peter. However the cause is much less trivial then what you have proposed. The cause is the preservation of mankind. I would hope that many will come to the fore. Clearly, someone who has amassed a great deal of wealth and influence would be in the prime position to take this role. If we wish to be involved we certainly have our work cut out for us. We should really get busy. Problem is I don’t really think we have enough time, at least I don’t. I know that there is someone who will survive, more likely a clandestine organization designed with Meritocracy in mind. I can only hope that the rest of us are involved in their plan.

My prediction is that crazy shit will start happening within the next few months beginning with major cities. All it takes is for that unemployment rate to go up just a few more %.

Leaders arise from anarchy. They haven’t come to the fore because the conditions simply aren’t viable yet.

What if we went totally Fight Club? Hack the planet. Maybe we could prevent the conflict if we simply erase all debts.

Even if you erase debt you’d still need to obtain control of currency and resources

Well that is another problem in of itself. Hopefully though if debts were erased worldwide we could postpone conflict and work towards peace and sustainability as Earthlings. As it stands right now people can’t even begin to think about grand scale problems because there are so many little problems that need to be solved first.

Of course my first instinct is to simply get off the damn planet. Only destruction awaits us here. But honestly have they ever thought of simply constructing gigantic domes within which we could simulate sunlight and sustain life no matter what occurs? Domes which could withstand any amount of force and weather. The planet will only be able to take care of us for so long. Soon it will be a wasteland. All debts and worldly conflict aside we are faced with a much greater issue: survival. Unfortunately, the more I think about, the more I come to the realization that we cannot save everyone realistically, there will be mass devastation, death and suffering on a global scale and only a small few may survive to carry on with mankind’s legacy.

We are at such a precipice we are ready to fall off it. Like Peter said, you can smell the rain, you can feel the storm coming. Never before has there been a time in history when man was literally visiting other worlds. We are so…ready. I would hate to see us have to restart this all over again.

Yep, the next few years will sure be interesting though :slight_smile:. I’m not sure about the war stuff… though there are so many fundamentalist nut job ‘god told me to start a holy war’ people near the top (US) that this is certainly a possibility. It could also be that they choose to even attack China and claim that those ‘damn Chinese’ have been really greedy and saved too much and we are now ‘debt slaves’ and we should strike them down.

I’m not sure … I think it probably won’t come to an apocalypse but probably wouldn’t hurt if you are in the US to stock up on food (you’ll eat anyway) and buy some gold.

Whatever happens I hope that people don’t go screaming for ‘more government’ (exactly what caused the whole disaster) and that the free market has ‘failed’ us…

Folks, stop playing Chicken Little. The sky isn’t falling, it’s just tilted too far in one direction. We’re going through some really tough times and it will get worse before it gets better, but the apocalyptic scenario is a long way away. Speaking of which, an AK47 isn’t going to do you any good. If there were complete social breakdown, do you really think they’ll come at you one at a time? There are enough ex-military people that have learned patrol methods that a fully automatic weapon would only prolong the situation. It wouldn’t save you. You don’t need firearms, you need daisy cutters and grenades. Forget the super heroes and all the fake firepower at your local theatre. It’s bullshit.

Eventually, all the hot air will leak out of the balloon and the little guy will have a semi-fair balance again. Remember, ultimately, the world of finance has to have consumers with money in their pockets. This short-term profit taking eventually has to end. Capitalism requires consumers spending money. The boat will right itself eventually and maybe, just maybe, we will have learned a thing or two.

In the meantime, end of the world doom and gloom serves no purpose except the promotion of fear.

Of course from you I expect nothing less then a total discredit of the entire discussion. But we can talk I guess.

This I agree with. Fear serves no purpose, fear will be our greatest enemy. Should the sky indeed fall of course a gun will do you no good. Should you be surrounded by tanks you might as well pull out your dick. Me though…I would rather be prepared then not and I should like to go out with a fight if I have the opportunity. Good luck.

As far as Capitalism goes…it is not the way of the future. Though it has brought us this far. Nothing that could not have been done with proper determination, however, it seems that we humans need more motivation then simply…progressing mankind.

You’re in Idaho so it’d be like it never happened for you anyway

You certainly are pretty quick with the ‘remarks’ Duality. I’ve seen you at work before and you pissed me off a bit. Funny though.

:laughing: You’ve obviously never been near Idaho. Probably never west of the Mississippi. :laughing: :laughing:

Mr Kebop,

Nothing wrong with preparedness as long as it isn’t romanticized with notions of survival beyond a few extra days or weeks. The apocalypse scenario doesn’t include survival, only total destruction of everything and everybody. I held an FFL for 20 years and I’ve owned and played with every legal firearm known to man. There are some really cool toys out there, but I suffer no illusion that any of them is going to make my survival possible beyond that extra few days.

If you’re really interested in possible social breakdown scenarios, David Niven and Jerry Pournelle wrote a sci fi book called “Lucifers Hammer”. In it they explore the likely issues in a world upside down. Some of the folks actually survive…

Well then I guess I’m going to have to change my plan. So… daisy cutters, grenades, OK check. Maybe just like a big ass grenade launcher, yeah that sounds better. No fuck that, I want a Javelin. Guess I’m going to need some serious pull with the Air Force and Army on this one.

Well…let’s not rule out survival entirely. Suffer no illusions but never resign yourself to a fate you have not even seen played out.

Ummm, RPG’s would be the cats ass, but you’d have to have a Mexican connection to get those and they would be a tad pricey since they don’t usually let them come through customs…

A better idea is to set up a sound system with giant speakers that would shatter windows for a half mile in any direction and then blast them with Barry Manilow hot flashes for menopause maidens. That would stop anything remotely human. :stuck_out_tongue: