Aztecs

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Aztecs

Postby Pezerocles » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:03 pm

Aztecs were bad-ass.

When they were born, the first thing they heard was "you were brought into this world to suffer."

The luckiest of the lucky got to be taken prisoner in a battle and brutally sacrificed in front of a whole city. Seriously, this was considered the greatest possible honor.

As far as death worshipping societies go, this one was pretty cool. They were like native-american samurai. Except instead of katanas, they had fucking wooden boards with thorns.
Pezerocles
Led Zeppelin Satanist

Re: Aztecs

Postby James L Walker » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:05 pm

Some of those wooden clubs had sharp obsidian blades which was a favorite amongst the Aztecs. Neat shit.

I actually have seen one up close before at a museum.
"The state calls its own violence law, but that of the individual crime."
-Max Stirner-

"Laws are made by governments and are enforced by violence." - Leo Tolstoy-

"I am a disciple of chaos. I like to watch civilization burn and despair." - By Me

"Propaganda of the deed." - Bonnot Gang 1912

"My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet airplane. My son's son will ride a camel just like my father before him."- Arab Peak Oil Proverb

"Civilization is nothing more than a globalized overly worshipped farm where the owners violently and oppressively domesticate other human beings like enslaved cattle enforcing the direction of their labors for their own individual profit."- Random Anarcho Primitivist
James L Walker
Loki

Postby Pezerocles » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:17 pm

James L Walker wrote:Some of those wooden clubs had sharp obsidian blades which was a favorite amongst the Aztecs. Neat shit.

I actually have seen one up close before at a museum.

Right, not thorns, obsidian blades. I envy you, I would love to take a gander at one of those bastardly things.
Pezerocles
Led Zeppelin Satanist

Postby nameta9 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 pm

More than death cults, pain cults ? or emotional sensation cults ? a primitive way to investigate new emotions or sensations (just like our Drugs LSD or whatever, when what we want is to change our neural system), or the fascination with extreme situations pains/emotions ?

Asymmetry of Information ? some know more than others, some have the power to decide, the fascination with death and pain and the independence of the decisions ? but if we are all equal no fun, the game is inequality of information or decisions ? groups that are equal but only up to a certain point ? but then each individual must thrive to distinguish himself, to know something unknown (secret knowledge (no one else knows, as in against others)) ? not all equal...
nameta9
Philosopher

Postby Dan~ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:54 pm

The Aztecs were f-ed.
I don't understand why so many people become insane, but it happens. It's usually religion oriented though.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Be ware dumbasses that think they are intellectuals.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Return to Society, Government, and Economics