Lamborghini

Lamborghini has a new car—the Veneno—described as a street-legal race car.

{quote}The Veneno comes with a 6.5-liter, naturally aspirated V-12 engine, seven-speed automated manual transmission and permanent all-wheel drive, all of which help it accelerate from zero to 60 in 2.8 seconds and hit a top speed approaching 220 miles an hour.
[/quote’

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/03/05/photos-lamborghinis-new-3-9-million-veneno-supercar/#ixzz2N1vBBWeA

Only three will be made, but all three sold months ago. Two of them were sold to American business men. The price tag? Only $3.9M.

This story came out the same time the sequester was allowed to begin. Okay—So? So no one seems to care. Is not caring the result of apathy, or is it a sense of defeatism?

No one knows what the sequester will mean in the end or how it’ll affect the majority of US citizens. But I’m pretty sure very few of us will ever be able to pay $3.9M on a car we’ll never use—and get tax breaks as well.

I’m not sure what it is we’re supposed to care about. Are we supposed to care that the stories came out at the same time? That someone spent money on very expensive cars? About the sequester itself? And why?

FJ, you don’t have to care about anything except keeping your knickers unknotted. Didn’t I ask why people don’t care about stories like this especially when juxtaposed with stories, filled with fear tactics, about how sequestration will affect US citizens? I’m trying to remain non-partisan, in an attempt to stimulate non-partisan discussion.

But to step away from being non-partisan for a minute, assume the UK ran elections the way we do and the majority of the populace in certain states voted for one party and won. Those states hold the most electoral votes, so those states votes lead to a victory for that party. But, these states also elect congress people from among the same two parties. This is done by popular vote. So far, so good–that’s how it’s supposed to happen–checks and balances are built into the system.

When the votes are tallied for Congressional seats, 32 more people from one party are elected to one house of Congress, in this case the House of Representatives. They become the real Legislative power, despite the fact that they weren’t elected by the majority of the people, or even by the majority of the people in those states with the majority of electoral college votes. Only the President is so elected. Do you understand so far, or am I getting too complicated?

If I go any further, I’ll start being partisan, I’m afraid. Suffice to say, I believe the majority of US citizens are being held hostage and not by political beliefs or ideology.

Good night.

I don’t understand. What does any of this stuff have to do with people buying expensive cars? What are you talking about?

Reply to Flanel Jesus, Son of Man, King of the Jews:

you could have answered to liz more intelligently in the following ways as*hole:

1. at least they are not inflating property prices in big cities and hurting poor people by buying houses and apartments, at least they are not hiking up prices in London, Los Angeles, New York City and so on and so forth and such with their heavy money;

2. liz is a lazy b*tch, welfare queen, envious of the rich and their hard owned money: they worked hard for their cash, they are not like you, lazy moron, they are not lazy slobs like you liz, welfare queen, envious of the rich and wants a free handout, so let them spend and enjoy their cash;

3. it is good that they buy high class cars, this helps industry and keeps people working and especially it helps to saturate the world with ever more cars and things, the more stuff built the richer we all are.

Now, take your choice, jesus, how do you wish to reply ?

thug head

that was from:

kunstler.com/blog/2013/03/reply- … north.html

and

instantsingularity3.blogspot.it

and

instantsingularity1.blogspot.it

thug 8 men

So the one time you deviate from your endless repetitive spamming is to be an absolute cunt?

Fantastic contribution you’ve made…

What i take away from the OP is that people who can afford to spend 3.9 million on a collectible car shouldn’t be getting tax breaks. Be wrong and call me envious if you want, but i happen to agree. i also think using money that way is a pretty douchebaggy thing to do, but there’s not much anyone else can do about it, except maybe take more money from them. Say state and federal sales taxes on such purchases that would effectively double the price. Make them give back as much as they squander.

Reply To Flanel Jesus 2 :

Well flanel sweater could have at least replied as follows:

“Thank You For Replying To Liz On My Behalf.”

Anyyways, thug head hits the nail on the head by saying that we need things, we need to saturate the world with things, ever more things, all kinds of things, cars, books, buildings, malls, big box stores, glasses, thoughts, concepts, text, symbols, you name it anything, all things, the craziest things, the most different things imaginable, a number, a concept, a box, plastic glasses you name it, just take any random set of things in a dump, that is so cool, ever more things, different things, so damn cool! I like that the number of things in the world is constantly increasing, the more things are put in the world, the more we all get rich, the more things are available to everyone, sooner or later it will become available to all and it will cost zero, a technological economy has so much economies of scale, produces so much free wealth that the cost of everything will drop to zero sooner or later, build trillions of homes and buildings, finally the cost of a house will become zero, free, build trillions of luxury cars, the cost of them will finally become zero, of course the rich could try to block you away from having that which is essentially free today by using cost as a barrier, as a fence to keep you out, but it will eventually become free.
(what is this wishful thinking ? superstition ? a new religion ? a new faith in some new metaphysical mechanism ? is human nature finally different from what it has always been and namely fight, A against B, A wins B loses end of story ?)

So I like things, all kinds of things, disjoint things, totally unrelated things, manufacture trillions of things, I like big numbers, I like that everything is accumulating, is adding up and such. Do you know how many capacitors are in the world today ? trillions now (just cell phones have tens and we sell a billion cell phones a year)! do you know how many resistors are in the world today ? trillions ! that is so cool! I like big numbers, big numbers of things, saturate the worlds with big numbers, make them produce and buy luxury cars, soon we will all have a ferrari, keep on going.

And anyways, the rich deserve it, they worked hard, they risked and played the game and won, all you losers are envious and jealous, fairy tale green protecting, tree huggers are losers and fairies, you lost the game, I won, I win, ha ha I win, !

ON another note, I was calculating that in any population in NYC at least 100,000 families are rich enough to buy million dollar homes, but they don’t have to, they already have them, but they can always choose to hike up the values of homes if they go on a frenzy, all of a sudden, something that could happen, or they could just keep their cash and wait, just like a chemical reaction, a small amount of a substance can change and create a reaction, a small amount of cash can hike up prices or keep them steady (they rarely go down, but anyways), but then: this is all very random, just a random bit (chaos, blind forces operating, total random, unpredictable), just if a few families all of a sudden decide to buy you could have a fast chain reaction and hike up prices and such, always punishing the poorer, but anyways: build trillions of homes, saturate the world and then they will cost zero, but even this is iffy, maybe they would all be bought by a few rich people and you would always be at the same spot again, but anyways.

thug head

Nameta9 is being Warned for personal insult, multiple offenses within thread.

First Formal Warning.

No further action.

No removal of his spamming of that Kuntler site?

This is what I mean by defeatism–There’s nothing we can do. Well, six senators are retiring. You can always work toward getting your guy elected. Maybe s/he won’t win, but at least you’ve tried. Not much in the general scheme of things, you say. Probably, but it’s a start.

On the other hand, there so much money being spent–frittered away–by the Pentagon and the DOD. Almost $400B has been lost to Lockheed Martin and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program (washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/f-35s-ability-to-evade-budget-cuts-illustrates-challenge-of-paring-defense-spending/2013/03/09/42a6085a-8776-11e2-98a3-b3db6b9ac586_story.html.) The project has never worked as it was proposed–the software developers are working solo (they’re not even interconnected with each other.) But the main thing is the plane is in production and has been sold without complete testing. Only 20% of the flight testing has been done, so no one knows for sure if the plane is safe under combat conditions.

I’m sure there are other, very similar, stories hiding in the depths of the darkest closets on ‘the Hill.’ And I’m sure a lot of people will say–I don’t have the time to look into any of them. And it’s an arduous job to decide who to vote for. But you’ll be voting for the people who create the legislation that determines how your money will be spent. In many ways, voting for the people who’ll vote for you is much more important than voting for the President.

Thank you, upf.

Party Pooper ?

Why are you all such party poopers ? why can’t I simply enjoy my million dollar car ? isn’t this a free country anymore ? why should I feel guilty ? who cares, I can’t solve the problems of the world, the world will always have problems, people suck, people are unlucky, this and that, a never ending stream and list, sequence of bits describing this or that or debates, etc. people fight, there are 7 billion turds on earth and so there are 7 billion problems, how on earth can I solve them ? who cares, let me enjoy my cash, end of story. And thousands of factories and industries and jobs are based on enjoying your cash and not worrying about all the problems of the world and such.

So the F35 sucks, who cares, so billions of dollars were “wasted”: no they weren’t wasted they payed thousands of high paying salaries, the goal is not the fighter plane, the goal is to create an excuse to give out salaries, the end result doesn’t count, only paying people counts, get it now ?

Then what excuse would the 2 trillion dollar health care mafia of the USA have, what would they have to show for such a huge amount of money stolen from society ? the really incredible wastes are never noticed! and then how is it ok for the rich to buy homes in cities around the world hiking up prices constantly and punishing all of the average joes with ever higher home prices ok and buying luxury cars a sin ? but no one ever notices this either since everyone is guilty in keeping home prices high, they should crash like crazy everywhere but everyone wants to keep them high (they all feel rich like this) so as to create a barrier and wall to entrance to the future generation that will never be able to buy or rent. such idiots!

1. why shouldn’t I buy a 3 million dollar car ? because liz says so ? why should I care what liz wants ? why should I feel guilty ? should I always worry about all the poorer or unlucky turds of the world compared to me ? who gives two cks and a dck ?

2. why does flanel jesus suck so much ? why can’t he respond with more than a one liner and cry about others insulting him ? why can’t I openly insult anyone I want and be free to say anything I want, who cares! we are all talking to ghosts, abstract non existent entities and so forth.

liz, you suck, there I said it. Now what ? can you imagine how many people would love to insult wildly and crazily everyone else they could on forums and blogs and so forth but can’t because of all of this hypocritical “political correct” things and all: just say, the truth: everyone hates everyone else, everyone is in fighting mode always, everyone is always refraining from beating everyone else up as soon as they could and so on, just be honest and let it all hang out. Don’t be like flanel that would love to insult me wildly but wants to pretend to be a good little boy, jakasses! And then all he talks about ever is about other people and never their ideas and such.

There will always be fights, contradictions, you want A, I want B, A fight B and A wins and so on, just deal with it, no problem will ever be solved, man can never solve any problem, he is contrast fight, conflict, he is defined by fight, it will always be like this until you all finally decide to stick wild v8 engines in skulls and change the mind structure.

thug head

oh, and by the way, that was from:

kunstler.com/blog/2013/03/reply- … north.html

and

instantsingularity3.blogspot.it

and

instantsingularity1.blogspot.it

thug 8 men

nameta9
Philosopher

So there, I win, I won, like a little baby, like a little cry baby, I win I win, ha ha shpack a lak shpackk a lelg 8 888

8 thugs

No big thing, name–according to you, you always win. Meh. . .

To me, you’re a rabid, rude, incoherent, flaming right-winger without enough intelligence to arrive at an original thought–let alone an original thought of your own.

Now then, if no one wants to discuss real deficit/money issues here, I guess that’s okay. It doesn’t accomplish anything, but at least no one is causing any waves.

Representatives are hired by the majority of voters in their districts to do what the majority feels is important to them. That’s why there’s so much pork attached to budget items. But representatives can choose to vote as they please–and hope they’ll be re-elected, based on how much pork they’ve managed to win. We have a rep in this state who has voted against gun control, despite what the voters from his district want–according to recent polls. He’s consistently voted along party lines no matter what. Does this accomplish anything?

I’m not idealistic enough to believe a single voice can do anything major–nor am I egotistic enough to think that my voice will do anything other than be thrown into the wind. I did hope, however, for discussion–not solutions–just discussion–Raising questions, offering answers, rebutting those answers, offering other answers.

Here’s an example that’s becoming popular during this time of budget deficits: Why does the US spend so much money in foreign aid while it isn’t willing to spend money to aid US citizens?

Bingo.

This is one of those utterly stupid, deeply politicised questions that falls apart on examination. The US does spend an awful lot ‘to aid US citizens’ in various ways. They spend money to suppress oil prices, without the government doing that Americans would not be able to afford oil in the everyday way they have enjoyed in recent decades. The US has pensions, quasi-public healthcare, a road network, all sorts of stuff that aids its citizens. I don’t know the exact numbers, but I bet the US spends more on those things than it does on foreign aid.

So taken literally this question makes no sense, leaving us to wonder, what is the subtext of this sort of questioning? It is that the US, the economy that has been most subsidised by the labour of the rest of the world, owes nothing to the rest of the world. That wealthy people, whether they became wealthy legitimately or otherwise, should not share their wealth with poor people. I know that in reality most of that aid goes towards propping up friendly dictators or useful idiots like in North Korea, but the real question being asked here is ‘why should anyone in the US suffer any loss of material quality of life for the benefit of people elsewhere?’ It’s that attitude that has led to the US public at large accepting wars for oil, because without those (and without the spending on those) they’d be dependent on a) domestic oil, of which there’s not much left that’s economically worth pumping and b) importing of foreign oil on a free market basis, in competition with Europe and East Asia, which would force prices up.

The US is the most subsidised nation on the planet, its people have a higher consumption to production ratio than anyone else on earth. Now, Western Europeans are second but they’ve sustained that dynamic for a lot longer, and done it in part through being intellectually and culturally innovative. The US has done it through brute force. Thus, I have far less sympathy with the US as a nation and with the people there because they’ve not only tolerated this, they actively support it on a continual basis with questions like that above.

Nameta9 is being Warned for personal insult, multiple (additional) offenses within thread.

Second Warning.

Three-Day ban.

I think it relates to the idea that it’s unfair for people in tax brackets who can afford a 4 million dollar car to try and block legislation which would help others get things they actually need. It’s about greed I don’t see how you could miss that. There’s a lot of arguments for this or that about who earns this and that and who’s entitled to whatever but in the end a child could hear that there’s a country in the world where they allowed public services to be defunded because of a budget crisis yet rich businessmen are able to buy 4 million dollar cars and a 5 year old would be able to realize that the businessman was probably the bad guy.

Nameta I’m gonna be honest I don’t think I’ve ever read any of your posts until just now so I dunno what kinda history you guys have and all but you’ve made a complete fool of yourself here. I get what you’re saying and I’ve heard it a million times no problem, nothing wrong with that but you seem to lack any kind of dignity whatsoever. It’s just a little bit offputting. Do you feel a sense of shame at all when you go back and read these posts? Were you drunk or something?