Race-Realism = The Truth

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Race-Realism = The Truth

Postby Eric_The_Pipe » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Uccisore wrote:
Eric_The_Pipe wrote:While all this is legitimate, the only thing I care about is what is done with the data. Regardless of the scores, we cannot make judgments based off of it, legally. Personally, anyone can make a judgement how they wish, obviously, but legally we have to ignore IQ tests completely and treat all of the populous the same.

Except that we DON'T treat all the population the same- racial minorities get favored status when it comes to being hired and educated, specifically because their dimished presence is taken to be a sign of ongoing oppression. So that genie is already out of the bottle.
Shit! Can I use my last wish to make him go back in DM?
“Give a man a fish and he will ask for tartar sauce and French fries! Moreover, some politician who wants his vote will declare all these things to be among his ‘basic rights’” – An old saying rewritten by a follower of Thomas Sowell

"It's true that the bastards would win. But we shouldn't shut down a system just because the bastards win. A good system should be like a hamster wheel for bastards hooked up an electric generator. A well designed system is not one that prevents bastards from winning, but one that generates a lot of positive externalities from bastards trying to beat each other. And that's exactly what markets do. Markets entice bastards, they reward bastards, and the bastards love them, but as they operate they generate a lot of good that inadvertently benefits everyone else." - Carleas

The Newest EconPop: Economics of Demolition Man

The man, Thomas Sowell: Wealth, Poverty and Politics

Sowell's Writing
Eric_The_Pipe
Thinker

Postby Uccisore » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Eric_The_Pipe wrote:
Uccisore wrote:
Eric_The_Pipe wrote:While all this is legitimate, the only thing I care about is what is done with the data. Regardless of the scores, we cannot make judgments based off of it, legally. Personally, anyone can make a judgement how they wish, obviously, but legally we have to ignore IQ tests completely and treat all of the populous the same.

Except that we DON'T treat all the population the same- racial minorities get favored status when it comes to being hired and educated, specifically because their dimished presence is taken to be a sign of ongoing oppression. So that genie is already out of the bottle.
Shit! Can I use my last wish to make him go back in DM?

Yeah, but you still have to age a year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby phoneutria » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:40 am

Is anyone in this thread in favor of affirmative action policies?
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby Eric_The_Pipe » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:56 am

phoneutria wrote:Is anyone in this thread in favor of affirmative action policies?
I am not, there is clear evidence that it harms everyone. Both those that are affirmed and those held back, while also increasing/creating a divide between the two groups. It was seen in the affirmative action of South Africa, the Indian Caste "fixing" and every place it has been used.
“Give a man a fish and he will ask for tartar sauce and French fries! Moreover, some politician who wants his vote will declare all these things to be among his ‘basic rights’” – An old saying rewritten by a follower of Thomas Sowell

"It's true that the bastards would win. But we shouldn't shut down a system just because the bastards win. A good system should be like a hamster wheel for bastards hooked up an electric generator. A well designed system is not one that prevents bastards from winning, but one that generates a lot of positive externalities from bastards trying to beat each other. And that's exactly what markets do. Markets entice bastards, they reward bastards, and the bastards love them, but as they operate they generate a lot of good that inadvertently benefits everyone else." - Carleas

The Newest EconPop: Economics of Demolition Man

The man, Thomas Sowell: Wealth, Poverty and Politics

Sowell's Writing
Eric_The_Pipe
Thinker

Postby uglypeoplefucking » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:39 am

phoneutria wrote:Is anyone in this thread in favor of affirmative action policies?

They just perpetuate stigma and stereotyping.
i am brilliant, you are stupid. Therefore, you are wrong.
uglypeoplefucking
Philosopher

Postby Ecclesiastes » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:40 am

What about reparations for slavery?
Anyone in favor of that?
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"
- Voltaire

"A liberal is a man who will give away everything he doesn't own."
-Frank Dane

"I regard the Klan, the Anglo-Saxon clubs and White American societies, as far as the Negro is concerned, as better friends of the race than all other groups of hypocritical whites put together."
- Marcus Garvey

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Ecclesiastes
Thinker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:41 am

Ecc, do you think that black people in america are still suffering from the effects of slavery?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Ecclesiastes » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:08 am

mr reasonable wrote:Ecc, do you think that black people in america are still suffering from the effects of slavery?

Of course.
Imagine if your ancestors had been paid for three centuries worth of hard labor, you'd be a lot higher up the chain now than what you are.

They'd own property too, going back generations.
And investments.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"
- Voltaire

-Frank Dane

"I regard the Klan, the Anglo-Saxon clubs and White American societies, as far as the Negro is concerned, as better friends of the race than all other groups of hypocritical whites put together."
- Marcus Garvey

Ecclesiastes
Thinker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:30 am

So you're in favor of reparations then?
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ecclesiastes » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:51 am

Personally, I'm indifferent either way.

But I'd like to hear liberals explain why they're not.
- Voltaire

-Frank Dane

- Marcus Garvey

Ecclesiastes
Thinker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:03 am

You're indifferent? I'd like to hear you explain why.

And wait...you want liberals to explain why they're against reparations? What?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ecclesiastes » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:34 am

mr reasonable wrote:You're indifferent? I'd like to hear you explain why.

I thought you understood by now.
At KTS we're anthropologists, interested in the vagaries of human psychology, but especially the dark heart of liberalism.

That's why I find it hard to see how 'altruists' who preach egalitarian ideals can be opposed to reparations.
I mean, it's just money.
- Voltaire

-Frank Dane

- Marcus Garvey

Ecclesiastes
Thinker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:44 am

The dark heart? Dude, if you're going to pretend to be doing science, or hell, even philosophy...you just can't say shit like, "the dark heart". I mean come on. Have some respect for yourself. Give your arguments the attention they deserve, and don't use all this flowery horseshit language to try and spruce em up. You might as well paint your bias on your forehead.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:46 am

Can you point out to me one of these altruists who preached egalitarian ideals?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:44 am

mr reasonable wrote:The dark heart? Dude, if you're going to pretend to be doing science, or hell, even philosophy...you just can't say shit like, "the dark heart". I mean come on. Have some respect for yourself. Give your arguments the attention they deserve, and don't use all this flowery horseshit language to try and spruce em up. You might as well paint your bias on your forehead.
That was unnecessarily off topic... the descriptor is fine, and would well describe the Liberals here too.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:48 am

My bad.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52 am

Uccisore wrote:It could be. We're certainly not going to be able to take any IQ tests of people living thousands of years ago. All we can say for sure is that IQ tests that pay attention to race tend to shake out the same way- even when economic, regional, and cultural matters are accounted for (as best we can).
I'd say that there are only two options: the action of having to migrate triggered the rise in intelligence, or the rise in intelligence triggered the action to migrate forth and seek new pastures... I'm a sucker for the reason behind things ;)

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Uccisore » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:22 am

MagsJ wrote:I'd say that there are only two options: the action of having to migrate triggered the rise in intelligence, or the rise in intelligence triggered the action to migrate forth and seek new pastures... I'm a sucker for the reason behind things ;)

There's a third option- that the rise of intelligence and the compulsion to migrate both arise from a third, as yet undescribed factor. Maybe some populations live in an enviroment where it takes more intelligence to survive, and there is more need to move from place to place.

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby Uccisore » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:24 am

I would have been, if they were a brief measure that lasted only a single generation, as they were advertised when passed into law. Now, though, it's clear that they aren't doing any good and have overstayed their welcome, so it's time for them to go.

Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby Ecclesiastes » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:05 am

mr reasonable wrote:Can you point out to me one of these altruists who preached egalitarian ideals?

They're the ones who preach equality and the humanity of blacks, but drum up some argument about why they're not entitled to reparations.
That's what I meant by the dark heart of liberalism.

It's like The Selfish Gene was never written, or they pretend not to notice it.
About time that book was required reading for blacks.
- Voltaire

-Frank Dane

- Marcus Garvey

Ecclesiastes
Thinker

Postby James S Saint » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:12 am

Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Uccisore wrote:
MagsJ wrote:I'd say that there are only two options: the action of having to migrate triggered the rise in intelligence, or the rise in intelligence triggered the action to migrate forth and seek new pastures... I'm a sucker for the reason behind things ;)

There's a third option- that the rise of intelligence and the compulsion to migrate both arise from a third, as yet undescribed factor. Maybe some populations live in an enviroment where it takes more intelligence to survive, and there is more need to move from place to place.
I'm sure I said that in my initial post on this thread :wink: it's a bit like the chicken and egg.. which came first.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Uccisore » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Ecclesiastes wrote:
mr reasonable wrote:You're indifferent? I'd like to hear you explain why.

I thought you understood by now.
At KTS we're anthropologists, interested in the vagaries of human psychology, but especially the dark heart of liberalism.

That's why I find it hard to see how 'altruists' who preach egalitarian ideals can be opposed to reparations.
I mean, it's just money.

Progressives are against reparations for the same reason they are (sometimes) against incest; it would make them look bad to the masses if they were outspokenly in favor of it. Consistency of their position is not a factor.

Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby Stuart » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:45 am

Erik_ wrote:I know this forum doesn't take too kindly to the position of race-realism, but I'd like to debate it with you guys here.

So the contrary position " Race-egalitariansim " holds that all races are equal, that they posses the same genetic potential for intelligence as every other race, but that environmental/cultural factors can either increase it, or decrease it.

I'd like to see some arguments for Race-egalitarianism.

It can't be properly argued.

If we want to argue against the studies concluding various specific racial differences, or we want to argue that the results of those studies (whatever they may conclude and however accurate those conclusions may be) should be largely irrelevant in a proper society, then we can do so within reason and without being utterly cowardly - only once we've admitted to basic evolutionary theory which obviously discredits race-egalitarianism.

If those refusing to admit to the evolutionary basis for discrediting race-egalitarianism wish to avoid cowardice (although not mitigating the absurdity in the least) then they must at least have the courage to make a clear claim against it, including a feeble attempt at an explanation.

As for those such feeding the absurdity, their motives aren't clear, but a reasonable explanation would be that their correctness on the issue of race-realism isn't based on any actual honest observation of racial divergence, requiring seeing through the rampant propaganda claiming the contrary, but is based on simple biases against those who perpetuate that propaganda.
Stuart
Philosopher

Postby Arminius » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:57 pm

James S Saint wrote:

Unbelievable! But true!
Arminius
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics