The Son of God

Now don’t go thinking that just because I used the term “Son of God”, this is about a religious topic. To those very few who have any understanding of religious scriptures, the “Son of God” refers to a highest priority law to govern above the “laws of men”. Every law is an entity of “spirit” (either of the conceptual type or the general energy or behavior type). A law is not a physical entity, but a principle. And the “Son of God law” is merely a law that is born of and respectful to Reality itself, aka “God”, hence “father by” and “son of”. When they say, “Jesus is Lord” or “Jesus is the Son of God”, what they are actually saying is that the principles of Jesus are a higher priority than the “laws of men” or any other laws. And what law(s) would be truly the highest priority law(s) is what this topic is about.

All decision making requires a highest priority. Every decision is made by answering the question, “which direction best serves the higher priority?” And there can be only one highest priority.

So what would be that highest priority law that would be formed from knowing reality and being respectful of it so as to prioritize the other laws, principles, or actions in a society?

I propose that there is one law that is above all others, “The Law”. And I know what it is, but can you guess what it would be? I can tell you what it is, but that it is hard to do without breaking that very same law. It all depends upon which type of ape one is speaking to. To one, perhaps a marmoset, I could say, “Help Thyself”. To another, perhaps a gorilla, I could say, “Help Each Other”. But if I said either of those to the whole group, I would be breaking the law. One can break The Law merely in the attempt to communicate The Law.

To uphold The Law, one pretty much has to communicate in such a way as to either be certainly understood or certainly not understood, never misunderstood. But The Law does have a caveat (not meaning “an exception to”) that allows for that concern to be handled. And the consequences for breaking The Law are actually derived from The Law itself.

What law(s) would you make as the highest priory law for all people in a society, regardless of their age, condition, or situation? “There can be only one” (although perhaps communicated/understood in many ways).

Common yet poor examples are;
“Might makes right”
“Majority rules”
“Serve God”
“The Golden Rule”
“Live for oneself”
“Live for others”

… and so on.

Law of Veneration. One shall seek the essential and distinguish it from the unessential, and let the essential work its way through oneself.

Actually, that sounds pretty good. But I have to ask, because after a thousand years of conflating issues and words, how does one “seek the essential and distinguish it from the unessential”, especially in a world run by those wanting it to not happen?

A) How does one know if it is being done?
B) After assessing that it is not being done and wanting to obey such a law, what would one then do?

Through moments of tranquility.
One has to tread the path of knowledge and build the way back up.

A mental exercise might help. Meditation upon such a law would allow the individual to build it within. The most private voice will be the most public.

Ummm… so it’s useless during a war or when your mother in law is in the house? :-s

Absolutely not. It’s a good opportunity for you.

You recommend that people meditate while being shot at?

I recommend people labor to discover the essential(truth), and avoid the unessential(haste; bitchy step moms with guns). :smiley:

Well, I favor meditative thought, but the “law” seems like it could use some polishing. :sunglasses:

Surely

How would you develop it further?

Well, if your law is different than how you achieve the point to your law, then you have a conflict of interest.

You properly say that one should discern veneration. But then you say that the method for doing that is to meditate. So which is the law? Meditate on veneration (or whatever) or to discern veneration? Does venerating automatically cause meditating? Or does meditating automatically cause venerating the “right thing”? If you are just wondering around meditating because meditation has been proclaimed a good thing, then it seems that “The Law” is to meditate, not necessarily to venerate. But they are two different things. They both can’t be “the highest priority”.

The Law has to be the thing that you are doing in order to accomplish obedience to the law and accomplish the goal of the law. As you are typing and/or considering what to type, are you obeying The Law that you suggest? Exactly how so? By whatever that means is, that means must be inherent in the stated law, else you must break the law in order to obey the law.

It is like saying, “The Law is that thou shall not kill. And I will kill anyone caught doing otherwise.

Through moments of tranquility.
Like the fall of Jerusalem?

If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
THE ROMANS!