Will there be war in Europe before 2050?

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Moderator: Uccisore

Will there be war in Europe before 2050?

Yes.
52%
No.
43%
I don't know.
5%

Total votes : 21

Re: Will there be war in Europe before 2050?

Postby Arminius » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:50 pm

James S Saint wrote:The question isn't whether there will be a war or when. There is always a war in Europe. The real question is WHAT KIND of war. Modern war isn't what it used to be. I don't think Europe could fight a modern military war (which might be a good thing).

The European fight modern military wars all around the world, but they do it not on their own but in function of the USA as the leader of the NATO. And the Europeans have been forgetting to defend Europe for so long (too long?).
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:21 pm

Fortress Europe, before it is too late.

f_e.gif
f_e.gif (87.14 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:39 pm

HaHaHa wrote:Scenes from a Greek border on the way to Europe.

Where the NATO? The NATO is a defensive alliance!

Is the NATO what you call the "theater of the absurd"?

Why NATO?

I am asking where the NATO is in that situation you showed from the Greek border, because the NATO was founded as a defensive alliance. If the NATO is no defensive alliance anymore, then it has no right to exist and is - for example - a "theater of the absurd". The NATO is no defensive alliance anymore, and, economically, the US and the EU are deadly enemies! Therefore the question: Why NATO?
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:52 pm

It's a coordinated move by the United States and globalists to take Europe down.

What better way than civil war and an immigration catastrophy....
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit

Postby Arminius » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:58 pm

HaHaHa wrote:It's a coordinated move by the United States and globalists to take Europe down.

Yes. And the United States depend on the globalists (global bankers and other globalists).
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:04 pm

Arminius wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:It's a coordinated move by the United States and globalists to take Europe down.

Yes. And the United States depend on the globalists (global bankers and other globalists).

Exactly.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Arminius » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:56 am

Arminius wrote:Fortress Europe, before it is too late.

Europe will never become the "United States of Europe" as some European idiots say but it will become the most chaotic territory of all time if the Europeans will furthermore do what their rivals (competitors) want them to do.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Mon May 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Some notes from Hahaha's thread "Donald Trump's Wall":

Artimas wrote:
Arminius wrote:
Artimas wrote:If Trump wins, there might be a civil war.

And why?

Because he is hated and trying to kick people out, that kind of act almost always brings war. The people already want it, it's just about waiting until they blow.
zinnat wrote:
Kriswest wrote:I don't see civil war. Too many people are just armchair warriors. Trump can't do crap without congress and senate allowing it or the military backing him. A president can say anything they want but, without a hell of a lot of backing, it is just hot air. Trump knows this.

True.

Nothing is going to change much if he becomes the president. Though, neither he and his supporters admit this, nor his opponents are willing to admit this. All are busy in their armchair wars.

But, that was precisely the purpose of putting Trump forth: to get people involved in such escalated hopes and fears which are not actally there. And, unfortunately, many US voters from the both sides are ready to fall in that trap too.

With love,
Sanjay
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:34 pm

MagsJ wrote:Talking of Germany... the only country that has been benefiting from being in the EU is Germany, due to their technology and motor industries export... and they wanted us to RemaIn so that they could continue profiting.. at our expense.

So you are saying that all Non-German people of the EU are too stupid, at least not intelligent enough to leave the EU. They have always had the option to leave the EU. :wink:

Do you really not know why they have not been willing to leave the EU?

MagsJ wrote:Will the Netherlands be better off outside the EU FC?

:lol:

MagsJ wrote:Are they more for Nationalism/traditional values of their country?

:lol:

MagsJ wrote:Were things just fine before we joined the EU?

The UK was totally down before it joined the EU. Guess why Heath wanted to join the EU at that bad time of the UK.

MagsJ wrote:These are the main questions UK voters kept asking themselves every day for the last couple of years (me included) on our UK Referendum... looks like a high percentage of voters said yes to all 3 (me included).

Good luck!

But note: The british empire has failed. It should not repeat the same old error again and again and - if it does not know further - start wars again and again (it will lose them again and again).
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:59 pm

I will reply to your comments later, as I don't have enough time to right now..
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Arminius » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:58 pm

Okay, Mags.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:13 pm

Whatever happens I can almost guarantee you that it will be the American military industrial complex that will initiate the next world war whether Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump gets into office. That's my bet if I must make one.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Arminius » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:52 pm

HaHaHa wrote:Whatever happens I can almost guarantee you that it will be the American military industrial complex that will initiate the next world war whether Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump gets into office. That's my bet if I must make one.

You mean that they have no choice, because they - as all other US presidents before them - are the willing executors of the real rulers of this globe.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Arminius wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:Whatever happens I can almost guarantee you that it will be the American military industrial complex that will initiate the next world war whether Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump gets into office. That's my bet if I must make one.

You mean that they have no choice, because they - as all other US presidents before them - are the willing executors of the real rulers of this globe.

Pay close attention to United States, NATO, Russian, and Chinese interactions....

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Arminius » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Don't forget the EU (thus: Germany).
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:57 am

Martin Armstrong wrote:The Euro on the Brink of Disaster.

We are looking at the collapse of Europe unfold much faster than anyone suspected. I have been warning that the Continental EU banks are in serious trouble. The negative interest rates have devastated Europe. While trying to stimulate borrowers who are not interested without an opportunity to make money, the ECB has wiped out savers, pensions, and sent cash into hiding contracting the European economy – not stimulating it. I have also warned that it is the EURO which is in serious trouble and that BREXIT was the only way to save Britain from being dragged down under as the Euro sinks.

The Italian banks are collapsing and the crisis is now risking bringing down the Italian government. If they do not bailout the banks, the people will be in revolution. If they bailout the banks, they can only print Euros. The is starting to illustrate what I have been warning about. The EURO is in effect like a gold standard. When crisis hit, everyone had to suspend the gold standard for World Wars I and II and then upon the fall of Bretton Woods. The currencies were tied to gold which they could not increase its supply. This is the same crisis now with the EURO. Despite the EURO is really just electronic/paper, its quantity is still fixed by the EU membership. No single member state can just increase its supply unilaterally. That would be like trying to maintain a gold standard and one nation revalued its gold to three times that of what everyone else uses. That becomes impossible. The Silver Democrats nearly caused the bankruptcy of the USA for overvaluing silver relative to the world in the 19th century.

This is why the euro CANNOT SURVIVE. You have sovereign states with their own crisis and that demand measures separate and distinct from other members. This is how the euro system will break. It is extremely urgent that you understand the crisis ahead. This is what will send capital fleeing into the dollar. True, some will buy gold. That is generally retail investors. Pension funds and institutional investors will buy US government bonds, dollars and park them at the Fed, or jump in with both feet into the US stock market.

By the time this mess comes unraveled, we will see the world completely change. We are probably looking at a major world monetary reform come as early as 2018. The speed with which this is unfolding is rather incredible.

Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:24 am

I don't see this coming exactly this way. I try to paint with a large brush, but granted Germany AGAIN is gearing to become a leading global power. The indexes of major currencies shudder at the slightest trouble, but look at it this way:

The struggle of German hegemony is hard wired into German consciousness, and in effect, Germany has had this going on for a very long time, at least 100 years, when the Hapsburg Empire failed, and Germany became the hub of Europe. In these 100 years, millions of lives were lost, costing incredibly large monetary investments. The EU is proof positive of the central dominance of Germany, and it has, in effect won the Continental War, to re-establish the Holy Roman Empire. No one can think for a minute, that after such humongous investments are not already automatic determinants of EU policy, and a United Germany is proof positive that no one can stop this train. It is running on it's own steam, and the country can support the EU, despite such failures as Greece, Spain, Italy, Britain's exit, mass immigration, etc. The monetary difficulties may only be strengthened, not weakened due to the momentum of a hundred years of struggle, capped by 25 years of peacefully held victory. The aims of dominance have been achieved, and going back is not an option.

I disagree with the notion that overly conflict will ravage the continent, this period is nothing compared to the debacle of WW's I & II.

I think in a way, there are military industrial behemoths who could do well in a very large war, but it would contra-effect the gains made over this last century, and wipe out all equity. I don't think anyone wants that, at least at the moment.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Arminius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:58 pm

There is not such a struggle of hegemony and not such a hard wired consciousness.

By the way only one example of many others: What do you think about the so-called "Vietnam War" (the correct name is "US War" again)? Did the US start this war in your opinion?
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Arminius wrote:There is not such a struggle of hegemony and not such a hard wired consciousness.

By the way only one example of many others: What do you think about the so-called "Vietnam War" (the
correct name is "US War" again)? Did the US start
this war in your opinion?

The French did, to retain their Asian assets. Power and territorial rights have longer memories then the masses who participated in the wars which were caused by them.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Arminius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:38 pm

The French started the so-called "Indochina War" (the correct name is "French War" again), but the other war, the war of the US in Vietnam was a different one, because it was a war of the US interest and not of the French interest who had already lost this war (they lost almost all wars). The US were the aggressor and started their war.

It is easy to find a scapegoat. But when you look at, for example, the First World War, then you will not find one causer but merely many causers on both sides. Those who are blamed by victor's justice are often innocent. But in the case of the US wars the US were the aggressor, faked, and started their wars. So they are to blame, they are not innocent, but they were not occupied, so that nobody could tell them by victor's justice that they and only they are to blame.

For the US it is time to become self-critical finally.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:49 pm

And I remind you of somethingwe already talked about:

The Holy Roman Empire of German Nation existed for more than 1000 years.

Arminius wrote:The whole Occidental history can be described as the attempts of copying the ancient Roman empire. The EU is such an attempt too. But note: The modern Europeans are especially jealous, and therefore I do not believe in the EU project as it is put into practice. The jealous neighbors of Germany are whining that "the EU is dominated by Germany", but in reality the EU has always been dominated by Germany. So what? It is because of this jealousy and the lack of a real European solidarity that makes it so difficult to find a real political unit. It is not the Old Europe but the New Europe that lacks a real European solidarity too much. So if the economical part of the EU becomes problematic, then the total collapse will follow, because the non-economical parts of the EU will still be too weak.
=>
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:02 pm

Yes it was the German nation so called consisting of other countries, but the seat of the empire at the outbreak of the First World War was Vienna, not Berlin.

As far as the US war against Vietnam, this simply is a result of the filling of the vacum of power created by the French loss.

The dynamics of conflict have shifted that vacum to be filled by the major power.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby Arminius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:12 pm

jerkey wrote:Yes it was the German nation so called consisting of other countries ...

Almost all of them were German countries.

jerkey wrote:... but the seat of the empire at the outbreak of the First World War was Vienna, not Berlin.

Vienna was the capital when the Habsburgs ruled the Reich. There were many capitals. And in the beginning of this Reich the capitals even changed, because the Kaiser travelled through his country (so the Saxon, the Frankish-Salian, and the Staufian Kaiser, for example).

jerkey wrote:As far as the US war against Vietnam, this simply is a result of the filling of the vacum of power created by the French loss.

No. It was more than that. It was in the interest of the US and their money givers.

jerkey wrote:The dynamics of conflict have shifted that vacum to be filled by the major power.

Europe has no chance to come together, if the poblems I was talking about (=>|=>) are not solved. Again: The Holy Roman Empire of German Nation existed for more than 1000 years. No other political entity has reached such a great age - except the unholy Imperium Romanum that has reached the same age.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:30 pm

Another good example is the German Hanse (Hansa), the Hanseatic League inside (and later also outside) the Holy Roman Empire of German Nation.

"Hanse" ("Hansa") was the Middle Low German word for a convoy, and this word was applied to bands of merchants traveling between the Hanseatic cities whether by land or by sea. Hanse means a union of towns (hanse towns) that started in Lübeck (North Germany).It was very successful, and only the discovery of America could gradually stop it.
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Arminius » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:27 am

HaHaHa wrote:Let's Start World War III! Get ready To Rumble!
Arminius wrote:World War III .... With what enemies?
HaHaHa wrote:United States and its allies versus Russia along with China and their allies.
Arminius wrote:Yes, that is very probable.

And the main battlefield could be Europe.
Arminius
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics