Amero $

Do you think they will accomplish it?

• Yes
  • No
  • Probably
  • Possibly
  • Other (with explanation, please)
0 voters

It all seems very conspicuous to me (since the 1960’s), but how do you see it?

The U.S and Canada, yes, Mexico no. Mexico is basically a failed state, not
much better off than Somalia. The only question becomes, when does Mexico finally
folds like an accordion. The U.S policy toward Mexico should be, what happens when
it fails? I would think within a few years, it will fail and it won’t be pretty.
So for that reason, you can’t include Mexico. The U.S and Canada are pretty much
one and the same anyway, so you may as well just combine the two in all aspects.
Just make them one country, get it over with.

Kropotkin

You seem to miss a couple of points (as usual).

1. Each of the three nations are SUPPOSED to fail (very much by obvious design), else why would they ever bother to unite?

2. The USA has kept its borders open to Mexican (even illegal) migration of Mexicans (and their language) to the point wherein Oregon and Washington State (extreme NorthWest USA, if you are not aware) Spanish is far more commonly heard and taught in schools than French Canadian. A French speaking nation is literally a couple of miles away and yet the Spanish speaking nation from a thousand miles away is more prevalent. Even Russian is heard far more so than French. In Oregon, it is possible than English will become the second language to Spanish before French-Canadian. And of course, as everyone knows, the Mexican population in California outnumbers the USA-white population.

In reality, English-speaking whites are a true minority in almost all of America. But of course you only perceive what the >liberal/NWO< media impresses into you.

I do not know if you are aware of this, but I live in northern California. Quite near San Francisco, actually
and I have lived here over 40 years. over the years I have traveled all over the west coast and into Idaho.
I am aware of the immigration issues here. As I am from suburbs of Chicago, I visit there often to see family.
I see the growth of immigration there, there are whole sections of the burbs, that could be little Mexico.
With that said, I must say, you don’t really understand what has happened. This immigration is what keeps
our prices low. If businesses didn’t have this cheap workforce, the price of just about everything would
skyrocket up. From the crops they pick to the workers in restaurants, some restaurants out here are have
ALL Mexican help from the kitchen to the front end staff and these are nationally known chains.
Without this immigration, the prices of everything would be double, maybe even triple of what they
are now. That is point one.

As far as the country designed to fail, well this country has been around for 230 years. If it was designed to
fail, someone did a really, really bad job of it.

Point 3, I don’t need the liberal press to tell me how to think about immigration. I can just look out of my
window and see it.

Kropotkin

I’ve voted “NO” on this one. A common US-Canadian currency would make a certain amount of sense given the similarities between the two countries (wealthy, English-speaking democracies), and their very close trade ties. However, the economic train wreck that is the Euro makes it very unlikely that anyone anywhere is going to try another currency union anytime soon.

Beyond that, currency union implies some degree of political union, and I can’t see either American or Canadian voters being too keen on giving up national sovereignty, even in a limited way.

Mexico is obviously a very different matter. It’s much poorer, less politically stable, and far more corrupt and crime-ridden than either the US or Canada. Whether or not it’s a ‘failed state’ is debatable; what’s more certain is that it isn’t a very successful state. A currency union would make the US and Canada guarantors of the Mexican national debt, and it’s pretty much inconceivable that either would be quite that stupid.

As for nations being ‘designed’ to fail, that’s just paranoid nonsense.

If the Euro or/and the Amero will fail, then they will come with the next - also failing - money: the Globo, the money for the whole globe.

The people of the increasing lower class and of the middle class will become poorer and poorer and at last be one class, the lower class, whilst the people of the upper class will become richer and richer. Thanks Dollar, Yen, Euro, Amero, and last but not least Globo.

So what? Let all prices “skyrocket up”! That will happen anyway! It is better when it happens today! Later the damage will be much more terrible!

Those people who are maniacally frightened of high prices do not want to give up their hedonistic life. That’s all.

What do high prices do? They fall!

That are not the main criteria. One of the main criteria or even the main criterion is what i.e. Cecil Rhodes once said: “Expansion is everything”.

[tab][size=200]“Expansion is everything.” - Cecil Rhodes.[/size]
[/tab]

Peter Kropotkin: This immigration is what keeps our prices low. If businesses didn’t have this cheap workforce, the price of just about everything would skyrocket up.

A: So what? Let all prices “skyrocket up”! That will happen anyway! It is better when it happens today! Later the damage will be much more terrible! Those people who are maniacally frightened of high prices do not want to give up their hedonistic life. That’s all.

K: Clearly spoken by someone who doesn’t quite understand what rising prices will do? It will basically
destroy what is left of the middle and working poor class. Once they are gone, shortly thereafter
the country will collapse. You are preaching the end of the American civilization and if America folds,
we pretty much take everyone else with us. The second point is, hedonistic life? really, My wife and I lead
a pretty much middle class existence, nothing fancy, two vacations a years staying around the west coast.
I drive an 16 year old car and just got rid of a 20 year old car. We don’t live fancy by any means, we just
can’t make it if the price of everything skyrocket up. At no point, would I consider this
a “hedonistic” life."

A: What do high prices do? They fall!

K: Not before destroying America.

Kropotkin

Why would a globo necessarily fail? That expansion is everything is in line with the dynamics of Capitalisation, however, as ex US president Jimmy Carter once said, there are limits to progress and expansion. But when these limits are reached, then there may be corrective methods to deal with it’s monetary implications. Obviously, when in a situation of a world crisis, all bets would be off, and corrections, by then mostly done by computerized systems, incremental changes may autopilot the way out.

As an example, as a consequence of plunging market values, automatic systems stop trading until some guaranteed minimum floor can be established, for share values on the NYSE.

I know very well what rising prices do, but you don’t know it. Did you not read what I have written? Or did you read but not understand it? I guess it was the latter. Please read my text again:

Life has its price too. You don’t want to pay this price; you prefer the hedonistic life. Okay, I let you live that life, but that is not the point.

We all know that rising prices are not good. But hedonistic people are also not good. We have to pay the price(s); otherwise our descendants will have to pay the higher price(s), probably war (compare my thread: “Will there be war in Europe before 2050?”).

I see, you want our descendants to live and die with war just because you and other people don’t want to give up your middle class life. I am not the one who demands the lower class life of you. I would never do that. But please understand: this what happens at the moment in this world has a price, and you are the one who has no idea of this price. This price is rising in the background. You do not notice it.

Sometimes one has to pay a price for something now in order to not have to pay the higher price for this something in the future.

That’s propaganda, Kropotkin. I did not write “US” or “USA” or even “America”. I did not speak about the people of America. I spoke about all humans, especially about hedonistic humans. Maybe that the most hedonistic humans are US humans - but that was not what I said. But you are preaching dangerous stuff; and you are even not aware of it.

I wish you all the best.

Do you have children? (And do you know why I am asking you this question?)

High prices can’t become high prices because they are already high prices. That’s logical. High prices can’t always remain high prices. That’s logical. So high prices can only fall, high prices become low prices. It’ s a cycle. We can’t annihilate this cycle, but we can reduce the number of its amplitude. But most people don’t want to reduce it because of their extreme egoistic and hedonistic behaviour.

Accept this cycle and try to reduce its amplitude!

But you don’t want it. So you help those people who want the US to be destroyed.

The US economic or commercial problems (which are now higher than they were before) were already visible a long time ago, when they were not as huge as they are now. If anybody had offered a painful solution at that time, this one would have been scolded or driven out or even killed. Now, the US economic problems are already huge, but nobody tries to offer any painful solution (because the economic problems are huge, thus too huge for a solution), although such a solution is more necessary than before. That’s absolutely crazy.

Because it is a symptom therapy, thus no real therapy. It is as if you had one broken leg and tried to heal it by breaking a second leg.

“Said”, yes, but he did not do anything against it. And if he had done it, he immediately would have been scolded or driven out or even killed (compare my text above - in this post).

Do you know anybody who really wants to deal with that? Read Kropotkin’s hysterical and sílly statements above and you will know what I mean. Almost all are frightened of it, especially the people of the middle class. Only those who have nothing to lose or/and have other interests or/and benefit from it are not frghtened of it.

What we see is an economical war against the middle class. See:

Like i said: Middle class.

I can understand Kropotkin, but he can not understand me. I am not against the middle class - the reverse is true. But Kropotkin does not understand the right therapy.

We’ll reach a point where Canada and Mexico have something to gain from this, the USA will stand to lose in a major way, and the left will declare that anybody who opposes it is racist. “If you don’t do it, you’re racist” is pretty much the go-to argument for the biggest, worst failures in society today, and the progs have gotten away with advancing their cause by calling others racist for decades. The fact that it’s something Western Europe has done will be used as evidence that if we don’t do it, we are ‘backwards’, again, as they always do. Discussion of the actual results will be ignored or hand-waved away, until ‘don’t be racist’ and ‘be more like Western Europe’ are the only arguments to be had.

Maybe, though, the EU will collapse before this takes off.
There already is a global economy, and it already has failed for almost everybody- remember the half the world making less than 2 dollars a day statistic?  These nations all engage in trade.  What makes you think erasing the names and distinctions would bring anybody up, as oppose to bringing those few little spots of success down?   

What is it that you think the market is, such that a computer and some smart asses making corrections can do a better job than the market as it is, correcting itself?

I answer the question of this thread (“Do you think they will accomplish it?”): Probably yes, but if not, then war will have started before. Each human has to calculate that there will be at least one war in his country during his life (averagely there is war in each country about every 70 years, and if not, then this war takes place in other countries), and this is because of economic or political desasters which are caused by humans with much greed, thus much will to power. It is always the same: those people get the power and do what other people have to pay for; and in the end the price is war. And when I say “war”, I mean a real war, not an economic war (which always happens!). Basically the US governers have the choice between “keep it up” and “stop it”, between “accelerator politics” and “brake politics”, but almost always they choose the first one (“keep it up” / “accelerator politics”) which can also be called “expansion”.

Remember what Cecil Rhodes once said: “Expansion is everything”!

[tab][size=200]“Expansion is everything.” - Cecil Rhodes.[/size]
[/tab]
They try to expand economically and politically, and if there is no other means possible anymore, then they will start war - as usual. Instead of “war as politics with other means” we can also say “politics as war with other means”. One phenomenon remains in any case: expansion. Expansion happens because of the will to power.

The example of the Euro shows how the Amero can start and end, but, because they don’t want this end, they try to expand in another way, with other means, for example: the Globo, preferentially at last war, because war is the last means, brings the end of this cyclic process; after it a new cycle begins and ends - of course - with war. If they don’t expand, then others expand. That seems to be an “unwritten law”.

Reportedly, there is a discussion about the division of the Euro (€) into a North-Euro and a South-Euro. If the US (which are similar to the EU anyway), Canada, and Mexico will divide their Amero into a North Amero and a South Amero, then Mexico will have to play the same role the countries of the probably coming South Euro play in the case of the Euro.

In order to prevent or circumvent such a division, they will probably implement the Globo. They will say: “See, the Euro and the Amero do not work, and therefore we need the Globo.”

Definitely not. The “Globo” would have virtually zero support- no democratic support, and no support from the elites either.

For a currency union to work, the nations in the union need to have a similar level of economic development. This is the fundamental reason for the Euro failing so badly- places like Greece and Portugal are quite simply less economically advanced than places like Germany and The Netherlands. The same problem would occur in the “Amero” and still more in the “Globo”.

This was widely known before the Euro was established, but the European elites were hell-bent on currency union as a step towards political union- ‘Politics trumps Economics’, they said. So the Economics were ignored for political reasons. Well…it didn’t pan out too well, that’s for sure.

Hubris → Nemesis

No. That’ s not the point. Obviously, you have no idea of the history of the Euro. The Euro has alraedy shown that support - especially democratic support - is not necessary for those who wanted and want to have the Euro.

Before the Euro was established, it was known that the the South Europeans would get problems with the Euro! Most humans do not learn from history. That is the problem!

See my comment above.

Do you think that humans do what history has taught them? :wink:
Mostly they do what others want them to do, regardless whether it is reasonable or not.
The governments in Canada, USA, and Mexico will probably not reasonably decide. They will decide what the real rulers want them to decide. It is alomost a safe bet that the Amero will be established without a general support, without a real majoritarian support.