SHOULD there be any difference?

Let me put this a different way, and which we all saw earlier in the thread… you take perhaps the most charged word in the human species: intercourse (sex) and also use it as a definition for the physical differences between males and females (or hermaphrodites). This completely obscures meaningful sociological discussion on the subliminal level and obfuscates it for the general population. It’s about trying to control us from getting closer together on issues of human sexuality and gender. So I say we just use the word gender for the physical differences, and we use genderial for the psychological difference (of or about gender)… it’s not perfect, but people can get used to it. We could just say psycho-gender to make it more articulate, but it’s not as nice a term.

I mean that we need merely one word for it. What counts the most in this case are the biological facts, because biology is the begin and end of life. If a male wants to be a female, then he can go to a surgeon who changes his male sexual organs into female sexual organs; if a female wants to be a male, then she can go to a surgeon who changes her sexual organs into male sexual organs . If a male wants to behave like a female, then he can do it and is called a “gay”; if a female wants to behave like a male, then she can do it and is called a “lesbian”. So there is no problem at all.

Or are you of the opinion that we should worship them?

Which of the fwo words was the first one in the English language: “sex” or “gender”?

oxforddictionaries.com/us/de … nglish/sex

oxforddictionaries.com/us/de … ish/gender

There you go and I found it informative.

So one word is used in a biological (especially: physiological) sense, the other word is used in a psychological/sociological (especially: political) nonsense.

That’s just what I was thinking.

Again: there is no problem at all. Politicians and media folks create a problem in order to manage this problem, thus to control the people according to the slogan “divide and rule” (“divide and conquer”).

Actually, my take is that obfuscating the differences in gender cause more problems than pointing them out.

Oh please, then we would also have to not differentiate between left and right, up and down, etc. Gender has been in use since the 14th century. And if it is being used to control, they are certainly doing a piss poor job of it. Because according to you the people do not have a problem with it. So your control does not exist.

Obfuscating differences is also a huge problem, but in the case we are talking aboout the “problems” are invented, produced, created in order to manage them, and “to manage them” means “to control people”.

At first it is said that there are many problems because of diffenrences, then it is said there should be no difference and therefore i.e. “gender mainstreaming” must be established.

The differnce between “sex” and “gender” is not comparable with differences like “left” and “right”, “up” and “down”, and other opposite relationships, because there is no opposite relationship, and there is no difference but the difference between biology/physiology and politcs/media.

The meaning has been another one than today. All Englsih speakers have used the word “gender” in a different sense than it should be used according to the current politicians and media folks. Since politicians and media folks dictate the “gender mainstreaming” the English speakers have to - and most of them do (!) - use the word “gender” in a different sense than before.

So it’s not me who wants to steal your word “gender”, but it’s the rulership that has already stolen it, at least it original meaning.

I think you have not read my posts. … - Actually the people have no problem with it, then they are told (by politics/media) to have a problem with it, then they believe that they have a problem with it, and then they have a probelm with it. The control exists. And it exists very well. And the control is the main problem. So now the people have two problems more than before: (1) the persuaded problem and (2) the problem as an added kind of control. Thus they are much more controlled than before.

If you can resolve gender differences, you can resolve wealth disparity and war and suicide and disease cure innovation and energy innovation… the goal of dispersing is money and sexual hoarding.

One can use it in both ways. And we experience the one that is very much easier for the rulers to manage in order to become richer, more powerful.

And what the three of us agreed upon in this thread is that using the highly charged word that means intercourse as the word that also means differences between male and female and hermaphrodite anatomy disperses and causes these problems. It’s not helping matters and it breeds ignorance of the most important subject to address these issues head on.

That’s a convenient way of dodging just about everything i said.

Nature as a whole doesn’t think. Evolution has no purpose, it simply happens.

Wrong about what? What is nature’s message such that anyone could meaningfully say that it is wrong about anything?

You know that nature doesn’t think? Wow! Are you God? Give us a sign as proof or evidence for us humans!

You know that evolution has no purpose and simply happens? Wow! Are you God? Give us a sign as proof or evidence for us humans!

No, i’m not 100% certain with regard to my claims. i can’t prove that i am not a brain in a vat either. That hardly implies nature thinks or has a purpose. In any case, the point is trying to claim (as James did) that nature “obviously thinks” one way or another regarding the shoulds and shouldn’ts of gender roles is pretty much just making shit up.

Arminius,
The government and media are not trusted, they are at their lowest point. In my 50 years I have watched trust go to hell, from poor to wealthy.
The only ones out of millions that follow are the ones desperate to belong to a movement. Most just don’t listen. We are too busy trying to live. The media and government may be in most homes but, they are not part of that home. Gender, sex, the average human could not truly give a rat’s ass in hell.
They use the words depending upon who they talk to. Grandma, boss/ gender, friends, peers / sex.
What the words mean is not what the people use. Over reading can cause issues.

Yes, but that does not mean that they have no power. They are at the lowest point of their possibilities, but they are not at the lowest point of power.

Maybe, but the influence still exists. Most people do not really notice the influence.

:slight_smile: If the influence is not felt, does it make a sound?
I do see that if government and media are trying to influence they just are not putting in the effort. They are pointing their weapons of influence in other directions. Education is a major point.

The CIA makes a lot of movies that we watch, supports indirectly or has enlisted directors and actors.

Education is a major point, but the current education seems to tend to its lowest point. :wink:

You have started with a pitifully naive and ignorant appreciation of gender politics in general and equal rights legislation in particular.
Then you seem to confuse it with an irrelevant “naturalistic fallacy”.
These questions were answered 50 years ago.
Where have you been, on Mars?

Coming from one of the most youthfully ignorant of sources on this site…

Never mentioned “naturalistic fallacy” … must be something common to your mind.

…as I mentioned. The issue is trying to answer them correctly.

Growing up.
But have noticed your lack of presence there.