Are the current generation the suckiest of all time?

Nope. That would be the baby boomers, their only goal seems to be to use as many resources as possible while leaving nothing of value to replace it.

General Conformity has always been the way of the youth. You just thought you were cool when you did it… You still conformed to the people around you… Don’t feel to bad, real rebels are rejected for being different, possibly for good reasons… Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were non conformists. Conformity is survival.

Won what? The ability to sell music to the youth? They’ve always done that. You were just largely unaware of it… Who do you think published those albums of all those bands, who do you think paid for the material they were printed on. Did you think it was magic? Hell, in many ways this generation overcomes huge chunks of that simply because they can download things, requiring far less resources to produce music. I don’t think my daughter owns a single CD, and I had to convince her to put MP3’s on her phone she’s so used to streaming every damned thing.

Sorry, I can’t take “lefty subculture” seriously, particularly in this context… The progressive left is single-handedly the most conformist, oppressive type of philosophy. “Liberals don’t care what you do as long as it’s mandatory,” - Richard K. “Dick”

Its one of the reasons why the GOP has so many troubles, they catch all the people kicked out for not being true believers. (One of the others is the amount of people contained within the GOP that want to kick the non-believers out of the GOP.)

Philosophically healthy-> according to your predetermined values, probably not. To life of these people, maybe. I don’t like to judge. :laughing:

Danger and different factions-> quite a few of those actually. The media is just good at refusing to acknowledge them, in favor of “diversity.” Or they are called bigots, regardless of what they believe. They are not on “the right side of history,” so they must be.

If everyone conforms → things would be a lot more peaceful. We would also probably stagnate culturally… Welcome to the realities of leftism applied. Enjoy what you have sowed.

May you live in interesting times.

The course of the left is not one of change, it is the course of stagnation. It hates the free market, the greatest source of change, it loves politics, the greatest source of fear lead lives and holding everything stable.

What or whom do you mean by “current generation”? The oldest (80+x), the older (60-79), the middle (40-59), the younger (20-39), or even the youngest (0-19) generation?

I guess you mean the younger generation. Is that right?

The 29 years old Hahaha calls himself:

His occupation is:

His interests are:

So maybe you should ask Hahaha.

The music industry has always been about money, thus: power.

My hope is with your hope.

I suppose that change itself is the problem (in any case: too much change) and what you need is anti-change, for example: protection against change! :wink:

Arminius, ask me what? :wink:

Marx was right! Quality and quantity are at a variably but increasing conflict, fueled by diminishing returns.

Conformity is survival, conformity is strength.

Amorphos should ask you “where’s the anarchism, the chaos of youth, and what’s with all the general conformity?” Just as he asked in his opening post.

:wink:

What do I think of the younger generations? I call them the Mickey Mouse Generation.

The younger generations are the pinnacle achievement of social conditioning, engineering, and manipulation.

On a psychological level they are the direct creation of psychological government experiment in human husbandry.

Take a look at the brain dead Facebook twattle dumb masses of the younger generation and you’ll see the abstraction of authoritarian collectivism mastered to such extensive effect in real time. Their entire existence is what I like to refer to as the Mickey Mouse Effect.

Gotcha. :wink: Points to previous post. ^^^^

Would you say that the younger generation is almost lost, because it is already too much degenerated?

Essentially the modern social welfare society is very sheltered and much of a nanny state where within the confines of civilization there are no natural predators. This sort of life of convenience, luxury, and entitlement has bred very stupid or weak individuals of both sexes over countless generations. Not just physically weak but mentally weak as well.

In the exact moment such a society comes into catastrophe or collapses for whatever reason a majority of people are going to become culled. The modern human herd definitely very much will become culled.

I think that the current generation is “lost”, with qualifiers. The portion of individuals that were/are predisposed to becoming the “warriors” for their own destruction are likely lost permanently (of course there can be exceptions). The largest portion of people have something akin to a herd mentality, and with a bit of time and patience could be re-engineered with relative ease. A small portion of people naturally or by learned ability are those the engineers and an equally small portion of people are somewhere in the middle of the last two groups.

Therefore, for now, they are lost. Are they the suckiest of all time? I don’t think so. The board in many ways is rigged against them in ways that bring about the suckiness. I think I would agree that the Boomers were the suckiest; they did the rigging. Whether out of ignorance, greed, vanity, materialism, blind faith, naivety etc. etc. etc…

Edit: fixed spelling mistake

They’ve been distracted from birth, raised by parents who were more distracted than previous generations. They are cyborgs, basically. Coupled to machines all day long, trained to alternate boring repetition with entertaining, best if combined. We can’t blame them, especially. They aren’t quite as human or alive. No one can go through the sensory overload, lack of real human or nature contact they have and not be a cipher.

At no point did I say, conformity is strength. Survival is not strength, hence why they are spelled differently.

I’d agree with Lady K. The current generation is experiencing the fact of worldwide communication. We have to wait to see what comes of it.

Right, so I reiterate:

Well, such a statement implies you think conformity is a terrific thing hence why I used the word strength, but whatever.

Arminius

Yes. I am glad that came through.

Aren’t there always exceptions and psychopaths in varying degrees. :stuck_out_tongue: I wasn’t saying that the world has improved in the sense of there being less evil, come to think of it, because of that it doesn’t make any difference if we were a bit crazy. May as well not try to make everyone behave, it just makes businesses like music dwindle, even though there are as many people listening as ever [probably]. Being sucky is bad for some businesses.

Ah good point. An inversion of a truth is often also a truth [which could mean mine is also a truth]. There will be a context in which yours and my sentiments are correct.
…but the weather will always be the weather, and hence wont there always be change?

on the personal level i’d suggest you stop trying to wrap all your thoughts up in yourself, in an attempt to have control over it all [or think you do]. those thoughts are only chaotic wild horse because you are not standing back and watching - if you see what I mean. :slight_smile:

HaHaHa

That’s true, and it is equally true that adjustment to the given diverse situation [the world] is also a strength.

Agreed, whatever.

I thought that you wanted to know more about the younger generation.

Unfortunately, it is, yes

Whom are you referring to?