One bedroom per person

Far as robots goes, I’m all for the robot takeover of society, to a certain extent.

If humans maintain dominion over the robots, then good.

If robots start making humans their slaves, then bad.

We already decide who lives and dies today, millions of people who aren’t fit to make it on their own, are bailed out by government, banks and corporations are bailed out too.
I’m not inhuman, I have compassion, but there has to be limits, because one, we’re overpopulated, and two, the weak shouldn’t be artificially propped up by government, at least not to the extent they are in some countries.
The health and fitness of our species depends upon it.
I could just as if not more easily ask you, should we rescue every weak animal in the forest, and put them on the dole?
It’s about, balance, helping out people is fine, but there must be rational, limits.
That’s basically all I’m talking about here, not only is owning 10 mansions and 10 vehicles and taking 10 trips to Hawaii a year a luxury, but people are a luxury too.
There’s such a thing as excessive luxury, luxuries we can’t afford, luxuries that jeopardize necessities.
It’s up to both individuals, philosophers and government to set rational limits, to have the right ideals, and to be disciplined.
Too much liberty leads to destruction as surely as too much authority or the wrong sorts.

Oh sometimes I break laws, by the way, not much anymore.
There are descent laws and bad laws.

For me, moderate people are the aristocrats, not the rich.
Many or most of the rich are obscene, and have also been artificially propped up by a rigged political and financial system.

For Marx, the underclass wasn’t the working class or the proletariat, it was opium addicts, prostitutes and bums, the unworking poor.

You mean the lumpenproletariat. He used that word for the first time when he had his problems with Max Stirner.

Unfortunately, they are currently trying to destroy the whole middle class, so that there will be merely two classes in the relatively near future: (1) upper class and (2) lower class. The number of this lower class will increase more than ever before, and this may lead to the “argument” that “this number must be reduced urgently”.

Q.E.D. :evilfun:

W.D.E.C.

:-k

Maybe I was being too harsh.
Perhaps 3 bedrooms per adult, and an additional bedroom per child, 3 vehicles per adult and 3 children per couple.
3 seems like a good number.

There’s a lot of things you don’t get.

In an economy of excess, some people don’t need jobs, because the wealth is sufficient. Thus the unemployment rate in America is over 10%. Thus, people can’t get jobs even if they wanted them, nor should they.

If America’s factories was suddenly populated with robots, the unemployment would naturally rise, and the rate of dole handling would naturally increase. This isn’t a bad thing, because it is the natural flow of nature and technological progress. I think you would prefer us living in the stone ages, in an age of economic scarcity and constant struggle to obtain resources.

Furthermore, job is not an indicator of genetic fitness, it is an indicator of social conformity. How well do you interact with people on interviews? How well do you fit in socially? Not genetically.

Look, America is not in “debt” either. America owns the world.
It pays third world countries a bowl of rice, in exchange for expensive luxuries and technological goods. Third world countries work for it and provide it wealth as it’s slaves. It has military bases in every corner of the earth. America is about global domination, and Trump cannot truly instate an isolationist policy without angering every politician that invested in this global domination scheme and removing every military base America has in every nation.
It’s own citizens work as wage slaves, ensuring other America citizens are in a constant supply of wealth. Even the homeless in America often find full, untouched meals in garbage bins. Some homeless have more money and better cars than I do.
There is no debt in america, because Money isn’t a real entity. America has a constant supply of endless wealth, created by it’s wage slaves and it’s literal slaves in foreign countries. The only “debt” America has is in the sense of karmic spiritual “debt”, in the sense of fucking foreign countries up economically.

All those things, how good of an interviewer/interviewee you are and so on, are partly determined by genetic fitness.
How good you are at your job is partly determined by genetic fitness also, and of course there’s environmental factors as well.

Welfare rarely increases, because capitalists almost always inevitably find some other meaningless activity for other people to do.
The more meaningless activities, the more our health, and nature declines, unless the activities are so meaningless, they have no tangible consequences in the physical, material world.
It’s mostly the rich, upper middle class and to a lesser extent welfare recipients who benefit from robots, not the middle and working classes.

In order to save nature and our health, I’d like to see a decline in production/consumption.
There’s two ways to do this, put everyone on welfare, which is harmful, because the weak wouldn’t get weeded out, and it’s healthy to work, or get rid of some of the robots.
We don’t have to go back to the stone age, thousands of species weren’t dying out in the previous ages due to man’s activity, perhaps a few here and there.

You can struggle too much, or too little, see my thinking isn’t extreme like yours.
Too much struggle, and your population is threatened, too little, and your population is threatened.
There’s an ideal path, where the struggle isn’t so much, that your life is dreadful and your species survival is in jeopardy, or too little, that your life is decadent and your species survival is still in jeopardy.

The vast majority of people today are under the spell of endless growth.
There are a few dissenting voices, most of them calling for a return to primitivism.
What I am advocating is a middle path, we can never wind back the clock exactly, but I’d like to see humanity wind the clock back to the 18th or 19th century in some regards.
Humanity needs to learn balance, the fate of our survival depends on it.
Too much to eat and drink, and your stomach bursts, too little, and you starve.
That much is obvious, but the same principle applies to reproduction and technological sophistication, it’s just a lot harder to see.

What happens though is, civilizations get really big, then they get decadent, and then they decline.
The bigger they are, the harder they fall, we’re so big now, that when we fall, and we will, we may not manage to pull ourselves back from the brink.

Then it’s time, “We The People” as in you, advocate of the proletariat, stop pussy footing around and let democracy slip through your fingers, while your beloved “working class” idiots continue to contribute to the social sham and vote for politicians whose only goal is to give the rich bailots and keep the poor weak.

PS: Removing welfare will not help the poor and give the rich even more power.

When the unemployment is 50 percent, mark my words there will be a 40 percent increase in dole handouts.

Your crazy. It’s not healthy to work, humans weren’t designed for it, do you really think being a slave in a factory is healthful physically or mentally?
The only kind of work I advocate, is building a log cabin, gettin your gun and shooting a wild animal once in a while.

The fall of society has always been to three factors - bad management, public idiocy, and built up angst. Decadence is not a "cause’.

I disagree, it’s healthy to physically and mentally exercise, to be challenged, to have obstacles to overcome and problems to solve.
It makes us who we are, helps us grow, evolve, mature, builds character.
What I’d like to see is, not the poor become richer, but luxuries regulated.

Civilizations fall for many reasons, but one of the primary ones is they get soft, weak and feeble, then picked apart by hungrier, more virile civilizations.
Edward Gibbon attributed Rome’s fall to Germanic barbarians to decadence.

People who live off the dole don’t build cabins and hunt, they couch surf and order pizza.

I know some people who live off the dole, build cabins and grow veggies (you need to get out of the city to observe these people).

Once again, what would you do with people refusing to follow such imposed limitations?

And if they react to such proposals violently? :sunglasses:

I don’t think you understand the consequences of a lot of the things you would like to see being imposed.

Easy to find a job? :laughing: :sunglasses:

What would you call the current United States economic climate? :sunglasses:

Well, at least we agree on taking out the current power structure. I just disagree with your notions of creating an entirely new one to supplant it with.